Inauguration Day LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nor am I.I think he's a bag of shit, but let him have success.I actually want the rancor to chill, and am going to try harder not to stir the pot.
I want my basic liberties that are said to have been endowed by a creator. Beyond that, I really would be just as happy to be unaware of the govt's existence.

I guess that would make him successful.I'm not sure we use the same definition of "good".
My subjective view is that he's really not a very good person.

Certainly from a Buddhist perspective he is not. He's an egotistical goofball pitchman.... I do believe in his own warped way he loves his family, his country etc. and in his whacky perspective are the reasons he chose to run and try and straighten some of stupid shit out that is going on in the U.S. today. Certainly it is driven by a HUGE ego so that he can leave a sparkling legacy of Donald Trump. Not especially going the way he would like right now and I'm sure there will be more surprises as this unfolds.

As for his success, I read somewhere that if he'd taken the inheritance from his father and simply invested in safe bonds, he would have more money than all his business efforts generated.

FYI fact check...Donald's Dad's net worth is estimated at somewhere between 250 and 300 million at his expiration. Donald is one of 5 children....based on him getting one fifth of 300 million gets him a solid 60 million....I need to know ASAP what safe bonds to invest in that will turn that into even one billion in 17 years

Trump is a lot more experienced in business and management

...except that, well, you know, government ISN'T business. That in no way shape or form makes him "qualified". Who sits in the chair and yells order at all the workers in a business? The guy up top. Who makes all the $ while everyone else does all the work? The guy up top.

It isn't just me, here's an article about why government should not be run like a business....written by a BUSINESS magazine.

Forbes Welcome

Watch as every decision he makes is for his own pockets and not for the people. I hope he does a great job, but he built a campaign on fear-mongering and outright lies that people believe because they can't fact check things for themselves. And it just kept on going including yesterday when his office simultaneously claimed that the inauguration was the largest crown AND that objections to that claim cannot be taken truthfully because there are no official counts. LOL. what an idiot.

Certainly from a Buddhist perspective he is not. He's an egotistical goofball pitchman.... I do believe in his own warped way he loves his family, his country etc. and in his whacky perspective are the reasons he chose to run and try and straighten some of stupid shit out that is going on in the U.S. today. Certainly it is driven by a HUGE ego so that he can leave a sparkling legacy of Donald Trump. Not especially going the way he would like right now and I'm sure there will be more surprises as this unfolds.

from a investigative perspective I always like to chime in for some reason the fact Hillarys Democratic Political shennanigans supported heavily in Trump winning the Repub nomination....assuming he would be the easiest one to beat in the Presidential election.

politics...politicians.. gotta love em.

I like that, I understand the whackiness...aha, true, he believes in his own self, no doubt there. the bigger picture of the Election is super whackiness.

Watch as every decision he makes is for his own pockets and not for the people. I hope he does a great job, but he built a campaign on fear-mongering and outright lies that people believe because they can't fact check things for themselves. And it just kept on going including yesterday when his office simultaneously claimed that the inauguration was the largest crown AND that objections to that claim cannot be taken truthfully because there are no official counts. LOL. what an idiot.

Trump, he has made politics dirty. It will never be the same ;)

Maybe what is giving everyone pains, he didn't have a problem getting dirty himself.

Lets balance this, really. Clinton's resume was padded by the system (moved her to New York, put in a Secretary of State position) . I mean, that is the way the system works, sure, but look at it for what it is. Obama had no experience and just one term as a senator. I still don't see what either of those two really accomplished other than the system groomed them to be their front runner.

Trump, like it or not, earned his way to the front. While everyone else was pretending not to lie, he wasn't pretending. I really don't see any difference in this guy and the traditional politicians except, the traditional politicians have "enforcers" (people who do the dirty work) and he did his own dirty work.

I really see very little difference other than appearance.

And when it comes to facts, most facts are bullshit, wrapped around supporting bullshit, to back up the bullshit.

...except that, well, you know, government ISN'T business.

You're naive if you really think that.

Government is BIG business...and frankly if it was run more like that instead of by politics, we wouldn't have the waste and that mindless spending without any budget balances, and nothing but growing debt.

When it involves money coming in and going out....it's a business at the core.
That's what's wrong with so much of the liberal thinking on spending...they don't accept that the well will run dry.
The fake liberals...they know it's ALL about the money....but they play to the masses with idealism.

Trump, he has made politics dirty. It will never be the same ;)

Maybe what is giving everyone pains, he didn't have a problem getting dirty himself.

Lets balance this, really. Clinton's resume was padded by the system (moved her to New York, put in a Secretary of State position) . I mean, that is the way the system works, sure, but look at it for what it is. Obama had no experience and just one term as a senator. I still don't see what either of those two really accomplished other than the system groomed them to be their front runner.

Trump, like it or not, earned his way to the front. While everyone else was pretending not to lie, he wasn't pretending. I really don't see any difference in this guy and the traditional politicians except, the traditional politicians have "enforcers" (people who do the dirty work) and he did his own dirty work.

I really see very little difference other than appearance.

And when it comes to facts, most facts are bullshit, wrapped around supporting bullshit, to back up the bullshit.

Im not a expert but didnt the parties used to pick amongst themselves who would run? That was part of the Democratic anger when the secret meeting chose Kennedy instead of the Texas Johnson, it was all secret votes.

Im not convinced its gotten any dirtier than it was, but maybe the child (US citizen) is now aware and the intrernet and hacking can make things a little more transparent in a very merky-water way.

I love the Wiki Leaks guy saying he was all about transparency but yet he wont divulge his sources of the hack job..LOL....whackoid world.

You're naive if you really think that.

No. Government is public sector, business is private sector. This isn't some new idea or a generational concept - government is not business and should not be run like one.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...ac733c56f12_story.html?utm_term=.e8a75eb1e025

https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion...ke-business/wjNaom7pyS7WavlB7muUrN/story.html

The Difference Between Business and Government - The Atlantic

Three respectable, well-known, qualified papers breaking it down for you. But I'm sure the press is evil. Basic idea: business aims to make a profit, government aims to provide services. You need to realize the purpose of each and why each is important, but also that they are not equal.

You can quote all the propaganda sources you want.
All governments Federal, local and state are corperations.
They are incorperated.
Business.

Last edited:
No. Government is public sector, business is private sector. This isn't some new idea or a generational concept - government is not business and should not be run like one.

OK...you go on thinking that's how it really works. :D

The government is one of the biggest, if not THE biggest, employers in the world.

The government buys all kinds of merchandise from other businesses.

The government is involved in massive money-specific projects.

The government controls in many way what other business are able to do.

The government controls the flow of money.

It's about the money, and It's all business, and should be managed more along those lines...
...but you go ahead and cling to the idealism. ;)

Hell...even the communist countries figured out it really IS all about the money.

You go sit in on any city council meeting and you'll quickly see it is in fact business. Its just about money.

And as an aside. The former CEO of the corporation called the United States of America, spent 97 million just in vacations for he and his family.

I haven't taken a vacation in 8 years, yet I get to help pay for his.

The former CEO of the corporation called the United States of America, spent 97 million just in vacations for he and his family.

See...when you don't run it as a business, that kind of stuff doesn't matter....;)

The key difference between private industry and Government:

Private industry is profit-oriented. Government is mission-oriented.

This is a fundamental difference that impacts the way things are done from the ground up.

Private industry will fire 10,000 Americans and move production to India if it increases profits. The Federal Government follows the Buy American Act - which prevents such practices - because it's better for US jobs. (Profit and mission are in utter conflict here).

Private industry will employ illegal immigrants do do jobs if that helps the bottom line. The Federal Government will not.

An executive in private industry who runs an organization with 45,000 employees on average makes 300 times as much as his average employee - $15 - $20 million a year. In the Federal Government they are capped at approximately $190K (3 times the average employee).

Private industry purchases whatever from whomever, without any laws about fairness and decision making. Government has strict procurement laws and competitions among businesses that can be protested. This is for good reason - it prevents fraud and corruption.

You go sit in on any city council meeting and you'll quickly see it is in fact business. Its just about money.

And as an aside. The former CEO of the corporation called the United States of America, spent 97 million just in vacations for he and his family.

I haven't taken a vacation in 8 years, yet I get to help pay for his.

So you are taking a principled and unwavering stand against Presidents costing a lot of $$$ for travel security? Would you be so bold as to say you wouldn't vote for a President who incurred costs as high as Obama's?

FYI fact check...Donald's Dad's net worth is estimated at somewhere between 250 and 300 million at his expiration. Donald is one of 5 children....based on him getting one fifth of 300 million gets him a solid 60 million....I need to know ASAP what safe bonds to invest in that will turn that into even one billion in 17 years

And again, that is all speculation, because - unlike every other modern candidate - Trump is hiding the truth from you.

You also seem to have neglected to mention that Trump's dad gave him a real estate corporation that was worth $200M way back in 1974. Even if Trump split the $200M among his siblings - that's hundreds of millions of (2016) dollars his Dad gave him - whereas Trump has repeatedly lied and claimed he started his career earnings with a relatively small loan ($5-6M).

Anyway, a simple S&P index fund would have beaten the pants off all of Trump's shenanigans:

Trump's net worth has grown about 300% to an estimated $4 billion since 1987, according to a report by the Associated Press. But the real estate mogul would have made even more money if he had just invested in index funds. The AP says that, if Trump had invested in an index fund in 1988, his net worth would be as much as $13 billion.
The S&P 500 has grown 1,336% since 1988.

Other billionaires' net worths have beaten the stock market's growth in that time. Bill Gates, for example, saw his grow increase 7,173% since 1988 to $80 billion. Warren Buffet's wealth grew 2,612% in the same time period, to $67.8 billion.

Donald Trump Would Be Richer If He Had Invested in Index Funds | Fortune.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back