I'm ready for some football.

I always think I'm ready for some football, then halfway through the first quarter the adrenaline wears off, I get bored, and realize I'm rooting for meatheads and living vicariously. Then I go do something more productive and always wind up happier.

I always think I'm ready for some football, then halfway through the first quarter the adrenaline wears off, I get bored, and realize I'm rooting for meatheads and living vicariously. Then I go do something more productive and always wind up happier.

So you're not really a football fan.........:rolleyes:

My fantasy league draft is tonight. :D I am like the Alabama of NFL fantasy league, except I win even more championships. Got a 12-person league with all my buds this year...should be awesome.

So you're not really a football fan.........:rolleyes:

Actually I like it a lot. Just got home from playing football all day today.

But watching it for 8hrs on both Saturday and Sunday is a waste of our limited time. I used to do it, too, so I get why people do it, but it's just not a good use of time.

Last edited:
Actually I like it a lot. Just got home from playing football all day today.

But watching it for 8hrs on both Saturday and Sunday is a waste of our limited time. I used to do it, too, so I get why people do it, but it's just not a good use of time.

So instead you post here right?

My fantasy league draft is tonight. :D I am like the Alabama of NFL fantasy league, except I win even more championships. Got a 12-person league with all my buds this year...should be awesome.

I can't play fantasy football. I just can't root for fantasy outcomes that may go against what I really want to happen. Like, take Julio Jones. Great WR right? A stud fantasy player that anyone would want. But he's an Atlanta Falcon. Being a born-and-raised New Orleans native and Saints fan, there aint no team on earth I hate more than the Atlanta Falcons. It doesn't get much publicity like Packers/Bears or Cowboys/Eagles, but the Saints/Falcons rivalry is every bit as bitter and hateful. Maybe even more because neither of us have much success to lean on. So as a fantasy owner I'd want Julio Jones, but in real life I hope he breaks both legs every preseason. Being a good fantasy owner and a Saints fan just can't coexist in me. Oh, that fucker played for Bama too. That's a double-whammy of I fucking hate that guy.

Last time I played was 2006. I won my football and baseball league in the same year. I figured that was a good time to retire a champ.

I played fantasy football for about 10 seasons, but quit a few years ago. I can't say that I miss it at all. I never played in very competitive leagues, mostly just a group of friends. We just did the Yahoo auto-draft, and by the end of the season about 1/3 of the guys had checked out and I'd be playing against a team that was 50% injured or on bye weeks. It was fun enough while it lasted but now I just enjoy watching the games without the added layer of rooting for random guys.

I have to say that it was a good way to learn about more teams other than the one I root for. But once the novelty wore off, it became more of a drag than anything.

I have NEVER played any fantasy sports ..... actually don't totally understand how they work ... I know it involves points .... sorta like a role playing game ...... which is also stupid.

No .... don't anyone explain it to me ..... I don't care .... I actually have real life things to do.

:D

As for sitting all day watching football .... I used to do that ...... I don't consider anything a waste of time if it's what you like to do.
Lord knows life is tough and having a diversion is wonderful ...... everyone gets to pick what they like to do and if you like football .... fine.

Same with fantasy sports ..... if you like it then by all means go for it.
I LOVE a day at the beach but I know others that loath it ...... I LOVE listening to Hendrix while my buddy Greg would rather shove an ice-pick in his ears.

Different strokes for different folks.

But for me, with regard to football, other than pulling for my two teams I just don't care that much anymore.

Football is the only sport I'll happily rot my weekends away watching from morning till night. College all day saturday, pro all day sunday, I love it. I remember a few years ago I went to this dinner event thing for my wife's work, and all these dorky guys were talking about how they spent the weekend sailing with the family, or this one guy took his son to the zoo. My input was "I sat in my recliner and watched football all weekend. I never even put pants on."

lol ..... when I first got married at Christmas as we unwrapped gifts wifey took a bunch of pictures.

Later on when she was looking at them she realized she couldn't show them to anyone 'cause I didn't have any pants on!

:laughings:

That's pretty much my standard dress code in the house.

:D

Back