I'm ready for some football.

I found it to be interesting half of the time lol. Usually the half when the Broncos didn't have the ball :D Congrats Jimmy!

Snoozer?

Someone once said that defense wins the Super Bowl. Seems they were correct.

The best offense in NFL was shut down. I find that quite anything but a 'snoozer'. :)
I agree ..... that was an awesome game ..... you had a defense rising to the challenge of shutting down a first rate offense. Wifey and I were glued to the TV till the end.

It wasn't a nail-biter but I was in awe of Denver's defensive line. They were utterly dominant.

There are about 75 quarterbacks in the NFL that could have won that game as the starting QB for the Broncos. This game ought to do absolutely nothing for Peyton Manning's legacy. He had a 56.6 passer rating. There will of course be people who point to this as some sort of individual triumph but the fact of the matter is Peyton Manning sucked this year (17 INTs and 9 TDs) and if his name wasn't Peyton Manning he would would have been permanently benched if not cut.

I am happy for him though. :D

It wasn't a nail-biter but I was in awe of Denver's defensive line. They were utterly dominant.

There are about 75 quarterbacks in the NFL that could have won that game as the starting QB for the Broncos. This game ought to do absolutely nothing for Peyton Manning's legacy. He had a 56.6 passer rating. There will of course be people who point to this as some sort of individual triumph but the fact of the matter is Peyton Manning sucked this year (17 INTs and 9 TDs) and if his name wasn't Peyton Manning he would would have been permanently benched if not cut.

I am happy for him though. :D

After this super bowl....
He has won more games than any quarterback in the entire history of the NFL.
Him and Farve were tied until last night.
So, there's not even 1...much less 75...that could do what he has done. So, I give credit where credit is due. He certainly doesn't deserve a bashing IMO
He didn't have much elbow room to pass. Carolinas defense shut Denvers offense down just as hard as the Denver defense shut their offense down.
Mistakes won/lost the game.

well ..... he was pretty bad BUT: .... he's 39 ..... he did well enough to not lose the game which is something many, many QBs might not have done. Is he the only QB to win Superbowls with 2 teams? I think I saw something to that effect.

I'm happy for him ...... it's a good way to go out assuming he has the sense to quit now.

yep ..... they even affected Cam's media behavior knocking him right back into being a douche.

A lot of people are saying that today.

I saw Cam Newton congratulate Peyton Manning after the game. Unless he said something really stupid, that is good enough for me.

A lot of people are saying that today.

I saw Cam Newton congratulate Peyton Manning after the game. Unless he said something really stupid, that is good enough for me.
The media, over blowing it. He sat, dejected, answering a few questions, then calmly stood up and left. Big fucking deal!

There was a lot of expectations on the Panthers and the QB's shoulders...and they didn't meat them, so no wonder they are all dejected.

Never been a Broncos fan...but Denver deserved the win, and they proved that defense trumps offense, which in today's high pass/high score world often gets forgotten, and everyone just wants to see a lot of TDs, so that's how the teams build their programs...to score a lot satisfy the modern fan's desire for big scores, rather than watch a real game of football as it was meant to be.
Football got back to its roots on Sunday...and a strong defense is what the game has always been about, IMO.
The defense sets up the offense...not the other way around.

It was a game until halfway through the third. I thought the Panthers were going to win the game right up until it started. :)

I would call it a middle of the road Super Bowl.

The media, over blowing it. He sat, dejected, answering a few questions, then calmly stood up and left. Big fucking deal!
first off .... that's not what he did. He stormed out after only a few minutes AND his own camp admitted he did so and gave an excuse as to why he did ( they said he could hear a Bronco player exulting over having 'taken it' to Newton ) so he didn't just take a few questions and calmly leave.

let me say that I like Newton .... he's an awesome talent and he will be back to the Superbowl.
I also thought all the criticism he got about his celebrating and such during the season was ridiculous and likely racist in nature. No one complains about Aaron Rodgers celebrating and newton seems to be a good guy doing things for kids besides just giving them balls ... so I'm NOT a Cam Newton hater.
I never saw any really crass behavior out of him this season.

But two years ago when Manning and the broncos got killed in Superbowl 48 Manning manned up and sat and answered all the questions like a man.
I'm sure he was as upset as Cam was last night but he wasn't a pussy that stormed out 'cause he was sad about losing.

Once again ..... not a Cam hater but he was a little whiney crybaby last night.

Cam Newton is in the same position as John Elway was back when he was losing Super Bowls, he pretty much is the offense and it wasn't enough to win the Super Bowl.

first off .... that's not what he did. He stormed out after only a few minutes AND his own camp admitted he did so and gave an excuse as to why he did ( they said he could hear a Bronco player exulting over having 'taken it' to Newton ) so he didn't just take a few questions and calmly leave.

let me say that I like Newton .... he's an awesome talent and he will be back to the Superbowl.
I also thought all the criticism he got about his celebrating and such during the season was ridiculous and likely racist in nature. No one complains about Aaron Rodgers celebrating and newton seems to be a good guy doing things for kids besides just giving them balls ... so I'm NOT a Cam Newton hater.
I never saw any really crass behavior out of him this season.

But two years ago when Manning and the broncos got killed in Superbowl 48 Manning manned up and sat and answered all the questions like a man.
I'm sure he was as upset as Cam was last night but he wasn't a pussy that stormed out 'cause he was sad about losing.

Once again ..... not a Cam hater but he was a little whiney crybaby last night.

^^^^^ this^^^^^^^

So, it was 5 million bucks for a commercial spot during the game...
How much do you think Budweiser paid Peyton to say he was going to go drink a bunch of Budweiser beer after he hugged his family...twice?

It had to be the best commercial spot available right?

Two years ago when Manning and the broncos got killed in Superbowl 48 Manning manned up and sat and answered all the questions like a man.
This ^....+1,000,000,000,000

I did watch part of the game, but didn't really give a shit who won because I'm not a fan of either team. But from what I did see, the Broncos killed 'em with defense, they swarmed 'em at times, which is how it's supposed to be: the defense has to get out there & get after 'em, period...

I did kinda wanna see Manning win because my old man was a big fan, & he's probably gonna retire (maybe...), but again, it didn't really matter who won to me, as my team didn't get to the big game....:D.

Back