I'm ready for some football.

Fell asleep through most of the 2nd qrtr. Turned it off at half time. I always thought Jay Cutler was a good QB, I guess not. It wasn't much of a game.

Hey, I was rooting for the Saints for ya. For what little I saw.

Fell asleep through most of the 2nd qrtr. Turned it off at half time. I always thought Jay Cutler was a good QB, I guess not. It wasn't much of a game.

Hey, I was rooting for the Saints for ya. For what little I saw.

Lol. Thanks, you made the difference. :D

I'm sure to the rest of the world it was a horrendous game. To me, it was glorious! :D

Jay Cutler has spent a good 7-8 years flirting with the line between being an average QB and a good QB. He never got close to being great, but he's had some good runs. Now he's backed away from that line and is hanging out at the back of the class with the Geno Smiths and Robert Griffins.

I'm sure to the rest of the world it was a horrendous game. To me, it was glorious! .
wunnerful game!

Glad to see Pierre running well again ..... defense looked better ....... I know Chicago sucked but the Saints did look better ...... who knows ..... they should win the next two and the division is theirs with a home game for the playoff! :eek:

However ..... they're fully capable of losing the next two also.

But they did look better ......... didn't they?

Yes they looked WAY better......against a dreadful team........but still better. Drew was razor sharp. The defense got three turnovers. Nice game any way you slice it.

If they can just handle Atlanta next week .................... I won't be embarrassed to go to the playoffs with an 8-8 record ..... or 7-9 if the bucs beat us ..... I'll take it.

If they can just handle Atlanta next week .................... I won't be embarrassed to go to the playoffs with an 8-8 record ..... or 7-9 if the bucs beat us ..... I'll take it.

I have no illusions that we'd win a playoff game. But getting there would be awesome after a season like this and any time we beat atlanta is a good time.

I almost feel guilty being a Patriots homer. Almost...

Fuck it. I was there with Plunkett, Grogan, Eason...when they almost got good enough.

reviewed the NFL team records today and was very dismayed to find that the Skins are tied for 5th worst team. Goshdangit we can't even tank right :(

Alright! A beatdown on duh Bears to get our heads right. We can still win this shitty division! Who Dat! :D

If the Eagles wind up getting the 6th spot they will lose to the Saints again in the playoffs. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Need the Cowgirls to fuck up against the Andrew Lucks.

I hear Jay C-word-ler has been benched in favor of Jimmy Clausen. I watched him for years at ND. He's Jay Cutler with no arm.

But his checks aren't going to bounce, so I guess if his mild case of Asperger's allows him to, he can laugh all the way to the bank.

If the Eagles wind up getting the 6th spot they will lose to the Saints again in the playoffs. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Need the Cowgirls to fuck up against the Andrew Lucks.

Dude no way. If that were to happen, with the Saints D, Philly would score 30 points in the 1st quarter.

Well, trouble is...

Another thing, I think Chip Kelly's razzle-dazzle high-speed offense in Philly is being exposed. It's cool and impressive when it works, but all offenses are cool when they work. Philly's up-tempo is supposed to keep a defense on it's heels and out of breath. Fine. But the zit under the makeup is that it exposes his bad defense in a bad way. If the offense doesn't score on every drive, or worse, goes three-and-out, the defense is back on the field getting hammered again. A balanced team that can play ball control, like Dallas did last night, will wreack havoc on a team that pays no mind to time of possession. Yeah Philly, you better score fast and often because when you don't you're fucked.

...this is all true. If NO gets their shit together on either side of the ball, then without better QB play, the Eagles aren't winning in the Superdome. Of course, this could all be a moot point if the Redskins or Giants decide to show some fight and put us out of our misery this weekend or the next.

Well, trouble is...

...this is all true. If NO gets their shit together on either side of the ball, then without better QB play, the Eagles aren't winning in the Superdome. Of course, this could all be a moot point if the Redskins or Giants decide to show some fight and put us out of our misery this weekend or the next.

I don't think you'll have to worry about it. If things play out and the Saints win the NFC South, they will be the 4th seed. 4th seed plays the 5th seed, which will most likely be Seattle/Arizona. If Dallas keeps winning they could move up to a 2 seed and shuffle things all around. But it's looking like whatever happens the NFC South champ will definitely be a 4 seed, and there's little chance of Philly moving up to 5, but I suppose anything is possible.

Philly is currently 7th and out of the playoffs. You need Philly to win out and Green Bay, Seattle, Dallas, or Arizona to start falling apart. They all have 10 wins or more. Arizona could fall apart with their current QB situation.

Back