I'm ready for some football.

Greg_L

Banned
American football, not that boring ass soccer shit.

I'm only mildly interested in baseball and hockey, and not at all interested in basketball, so it's a long dark spring and summer for me. But with the changing of the leaves comes football, and that is the most wonderful time of year.

My New Orleans Saints beat the Houston Texans in their annual preseason game today. It's meaningful because I'm a lifelong Saints fan living in Houston. I got bragging rights for another year. I know it's just preseason nonsense, but it's all I got since the two teams rarely play in the regular season, and Texans fans are so dumb they'll lose their tiny minds over my taunts of WHO DAT! :thumbs up:

Anyway, yeah, football is here. :thumbs up::drunk::thumbs up:

Ann so excited. Can't wait to watch the Redskins rip some teams apart for real lol. Also my V-Tech Hokies on the college level...gonna be great!

I'm not a Saints fan, but I like them more than most other teams. Brees just plays a beautiful game. It drives me crazy when people on sports center leave him out of their top 3 or top 5 QB list and place people like Flacco and Rogers in front of him. The dude is a machine!

I am an undecided Bronco fan. I haven't decided whether to keep my mouth shut, or rub it in when you all get destroyed. lol!

Not sure how this season is going to turn out. That is half the fun tho.

Brees can suck it though! lmao!

JK. :)

Ahhh....football. It makes me think of crisp fall air, raking leaves, kids back to school...lots of nostalgia every year at this time.

I am thankful to be able to watch the best quarterback I've ever seen play each week and consistently exceed the ridiculously high expectations placed upon him.

Forget the fact that one member of our greatest ever TE tandem is charged with murder. the pats will crush most opponents and sail into the post season only to lose to the giants....again. Dammit.

I am an undecided Bronco fan. I haven't decided whether to keep my mouth shut, or rub it in when you all get destroyed. lol!
At least you don't have Tebow anymore. :)

I took the kid to a longhorns game last year. Whatta a lot of fun that was. Gonna make it an annual tradition.

I'm not gonna do fantasy football this year, so it will weird to actually root for a team rather than a bunch of player. Guess, I'm going for the Texans seeing as Dallas is totally defunct anymore. (Kind of wished the Saints moved to San Antonio after Hurr. Katrina.)

(Kind of wished the Saints moved to San Antonio after Hurr. Katrina.)

That would have really upset me. That was a huge fear and cause for concern for Saints fans everywhere. The Saints are my team and they belong in New Orleans. I was born in N.O., spent my childhood there, and though I now live in Texas they're still my team. I don't identify with anything Texas. I still identify and feel at home with Louisiana. The first game I ever went to was a Saints/Steelers game in the Superdome. Archie Manning vs Terry Bradshaw. Classic. I remember Chuck Muncie's glasses were so thick they almost stuck out of his helmet. I remember the paper bag "Aints" days. Hokie Gajan was my favorite player because he was a cajun and it just seemed fitting that he played at LSU and for the Saints. How perfect is that? I remember the "Dome Patrol". That's when the Saints played defense. I remember having a worn out Bum Philips as a coach. I remember the excitement of finally making it to the playoffs, but we still didn't win the game. I remember getting the legendary Ditka as a head coach and him giving up our entire fucking draft to get Ricky fucking Williams. Lol. I remember beating the Rams in 2001 for our first ever playoff win. I remember Kyle Turley yanking the helmet off a NY Jets player and hurling it across the Superdome. We lost the game, but that was cool enough to make up for it. Then Katrina hit and fucked up everything. But New Orleans is a special place and special things happen there. Drew Brees and Sean Payton converged on the busted up city, and now things are different. We won a fucking SuperBowl. Won it handily. The buzz from that will last us Who Dats a long, long time. That's what's special about Saints fans and the team and city in general. We've paid our dues probably more than anyone. Not many teams are as historically bad as the Saints, but no one ever jumps ship. It's like you're born into it. There are no fair-weather Saints fans. They're all die-hard. They're not flakes like Cowboys fans or any other national darling team like the Patriots or Niners. Saints fans are the real deal. We don't like any other teams. We have no back up teams to pull for. There are no "well if the Saints don't make it I'll pull for....". No. If the Saints don't make it we don't give a fuck what happens. We just like the Saints, and that's it. The Saints leaving N.O. would be the worst thing ever. Who Dat! Amen.

That would have really upset me. That was a huge fear and cause for concern for Saints fans everywhere. The Saints are my team and they belong in New Orleans. I was born in N.O., spent my childhood there, and though I now live in Texas they're still my team. I don't identify with anything Texas. I still identify and feel at home with Louisiana. The first game I ever went to was a Saints/Steelers game in the Superdome. Archie Manning vs Terry Bradshaw. Classic. I remember Chuck Muncie's glasses were so thick they almost stuck out of his helmet. I remember the paper bag "Aints" days. Hokie Gajan was my favorite player because he was a cajun and it just seemed fitting that he played at LSU and for the Saints. How perfect is that? I remember the "Dome Patrol". That's when the Saints played defense. I remember having a worn out Bum Philips as a coach. I remember the excitement of finally making it to the playoffs, but we still didn't win the game. I remember getting the legendary Ditka as a head coach and him giving up our entire fucking draft to get Ricky fucking Williams. Lol. I remember beating the Rams in 2001 for our first ever playoff win. I remember Kyle Turley yanking the helmet off a NY Jets player and hurling it across the Superdome. We lost the game, but that was cool enough to make up for it. Then Katrina hit and fucked up everything. But New Orleans is a special place and special things happen there. Drew Brees and Sean Payton converged on the busted up city, and now things are different. We won a fucking SuperBowl. Won it handily. The buzz from that will last us Who Dats a long, long time. That's what's special about Saints fans and the team and city in general. We've paid our dues probably more than anyone. Not many teams are as historically bad as the Saints, but no one ever jumps ship. It's like you're born into it. There are no fair-weather Saints fans. They're all die-hard. They're not flakes like Cowboys fans or any other national darling team like the Patriots or Niners. Saints fans are the real deal. We don't like any other teams. We have no back up teams to pull for. There are no "well if the Saints don't make it I'll pull for....". No. If the Saints don't make it we don't give a fuck what happens. We just like the Saints, and that's it. The Saints leaving N.O. would be the worst thing ever. Who Dat! Amen.

I hear ya. I remember the big sigh of relief when the owners said No Way to moving the Saints. Still, I wish SA/Austin area had a team. Tired of the Clownboys and Houston is out of touch with us.

when I lived in Austin in the 90's the cowboys were on top of the game, plus they would have summer camp in Austin, so there was a real connection with the team. Nowadays, they don't give us much of a reason to be a fan. And I have moved so often since then, I have no real allegiance to any team. (Which is another reason to get a team in SA/Austin). The Saints would have been awesome here, but yeah, they belong in NO.

I hear ya. I remember the big sigh of relief when the owners said No Way to moving the Saints. Still, I wish SA/Austin area had a team. Tired of the Clownboys and Houston is out of touch with us.

when I lived in Austin in the 90's the cowboys were on top of the game, plus they would have summer camp in Austin, so there was a real connection with the team. Nowadays, they don't give us much of a reason to be a fan. And I have moved so often since then, I have no real allegiance to any team. (Which is another reason to get a team in SA/Austin). The Saints would have been awesome here, but yeah, they belong in NO.

The NFL might not want three NFL teams in such close proximity, but it works in the northeast, so maybe one day a team can relocate to SA/Austin. Texas is totally a Cowboys state though. The Texans are big here in Houston, but even still there's a huge faction of Cowboys fans around. The Oilers leaving and leaving Houston empty for those few years turned tons of people into Cowboys fans. You can't go one hour without seeing some rednecked urban cowboy with a giant star on the back of his 4x4. Texas is a football state. High school games draw thousands of people. There could easily be three teams here. There's enough support.

Me personally, I despise the Cowboys mostly because of their fanbase. Right or not, I often form my opinion of teams by their fans. Cowboys fans are the worst. Unbearable. They're football smart, but they're just obnoxious douchebags. I simply cannot like the Cowboys in any way shape or form. Texans fans are not much better. Texans fans are by and large clueless morons. They're not football smart. If you listen to sports talk radio in Houston, you'd swear that no one that likes football in this city finished the 5th grade. When Houston was granted a team again I tried to get on board simply because I live here. I just couldn't do it. I'm a Saints fan, and only a Saints fan. I root for no one else. I do root for outcomes though. I pull for outcomes that help my Saints. I always hope for teams in my division to lose horribly. If say the NY Giants are playing the Atlanta Falcons, I'll be the biggest Giants fan in the world for those 3 hours or so. Fuck the Falcons. Fuck them to hell. I hope their team plane crashes. They are my most hated team, city, fanbase, everything. I'll even pull for the Cowboys if they're playing atlanta. I fucking hate the Atlanta Falcons. Ugh. Hate those fucks.

yep, Texas can definitely support three teams, easily. Hell, if Greenbay can have one team, not too far from Minn and Chicago, then Texas can have 3. Greenbay with a team is like Katy having a team. lol.

For now, we like our Longhorns. I haven't followed college football too much in the past, but I'm going to watch it closer. The one problem is the Longhorns have their own TV network and my cable company doesn't carry it. :mad:

American football, not that boring ass soccer shit.

I'm only mildly interested in baseball and hockey, and not at all interested in basketball, so it's a long dark spring and summer for me. But with the changing of the leaves comes football, and that is the most wonderful time of year.

My New Orleans Saints beat the Houston Texans in their annual preseason game today. It's meaningful because I'm a lifelong Saints fan living in Houston. I got bragging rights for another year. I know it's just preseason nonsense, but it's all I got since the two teams rarely play in the regular season, and Texans fans are so dumb they'll lose their tiny minds over my taunts of WHO DAT! :thumbs up:

Anyway, yeah, football is here. :thumbs up::drunk::thumbs up:
so how are things looking for the Saints this year?
I don't really get much news about them over here in Florida.

so how are things looking for the Saints this year?
I don't really get much news about them over here in Florida.

Well, you know, our defense was all-time terrible last year, so they can really only go up from there. We got a new D-coordinator - Rob Ryan - who has a pretty good track record. His dad was a legend and his brother is a total goofball, so we'll see. The defense is gonna take time. But, we still got Drew, the offense will still shred people, and the master Sean Payton is back from his bullshit suspension, so hopefully we'll just outscore everyone until the defense catches up. Injuries are the big concern as always. We've got some guys banged up on defense, which we really don't need. Offense looks great though.

Watching pro sports is like cheering for your favorite corporations. Go Steelers, INc. Go Cowboys, LLC. If any other corporate types would do that, it would sound really silly:

Go Microsoft, kick Apples Ass!, Android all the way!!, Samsung, Samsung Yea!!!!! Go to your favorite stock trading watering whole and watch the top ten highlight/plays of the week, sponsored by Budlight.

Can't do it. College isn't much better these days. Our Semi Pro College team beat your semi Pro College team(when 90% of your players are not even in state players). Only thing with college sports, the player hardly gets anything (if they get injured they are really screwed), including an education.

You may as well watch WWE, the only honest sports around. There everybody wins.

yep, Texas can definitely support three teams, easily. Hell, if Greenbay can have one team, not too far from Minn and Chicago, then Texas can have 3. Greenbay with a team is like Katy having a team. lol.

For now, we like our Longhorns. I haven't followed college football too much in the past, but I'm going to watch it closer. The one problem is the Longhorns have their own TV network and my cable company doesn't carry it. :mad:

I'm big into college football too. I love college football, sometimes more so than pro. College is very pure and exciting. Those kids play well for the sheer love of it....and the potential to make millions later. I'm an LSU guy myself. I've been to bunches of pro and college football games all over the south. Nothing comes close to an LSU game on a sat nite in Baton Rouge. That shit is magical. Seriously. LSU home games are just fucking insane. Nothing comes close. There is no football atmosphere that matches an LSU/Alabama or LSU/Ole Miss, or hell, any LSU vs SEC opponent game in Death Valley. It's a hundred years of hate. The SEC has some special football.

Watching pro sports is like cheering for your favorite corporations. Go Steelers, INc. Go Cowboys, LLC. If any other corporate types would do that, it would sound really silly:

Go Microsoft, kick Apples Ass!, Android all the way!!, Samsung, Samsung Yea!!!!! Go to your favorite stock trading watering whole and watch the top ten highlight/plays of the week, sponsored by Budlight.

Can't do it. College isn't much better these days. Our Semi Pro College team beat your semi Pro College team(when 90% of your players are not even in state players). Only thing with college sports, the player hardly gets anything (if they get injured they are really screwed), including an education.

You may as well watch WWE, the only honest sports around. There everybody wins.

You were picked last, huh?

Back