If I seem more pissed off than normal

notCardio

I walk the line
or stranger than normal, somewhere in the next day or two I'm going to have to have to take my dog on his final trip to the vet.

He has lymphoma, and tonight his back legs, that he's been struggling with, have pretty much just quit working at all.

Even though I rant on here, I'm usually a pretty stoic guy in person. But I am going to be a total wreck soon, and for a while.

This is going to hit me hard.

:(

Sorry to hear about that, man. It's always hard to watch them go. Understatement.

What is your buddy's name, how old is he and how long have you had him? Got any pics?

Losing a dog is never easy, especially when you are the one to make that decision. Best wishes and hold yourself together.

sadly I have to take my 13 year old black lab tomorrow for the same reason.
Her back end has just quit .... I don't know if it's cancer or just age but either way I can't keep carrying her around ..... she's 90 lbs.

She doesn't seem to be suffering per se so I keep putting it off but it's time ..... it's been hitting me hard for the last month ..... pretty weepy and sad.

So know that Zuma will be there to greet your pup.

I recently had to put down my beagle 'Brutus'. Hardest thing ever. I cried like a baby for two hours in car before I was able to pull off driving home.

I completely understand man. :(

I know it's hard, but whenever I have fair welled a friend or a pet, I think back to their life and think what a good life they had.

All the best.

Alan.

Sorry for you guys. Had to do the same for my dog 3 years ago, she couldn't use her back legs any more. I had kept her going for an other year+ by building a ramp outside my front door - she couldn't do the stairs any longer. Always a tough decision - "quality of life".

sadly I have to take my 13 year old black lab tomorrow for the same reason.
Her back end has just quit .... I don't know if it's cancer or just age but either way I can't keep carrying her around ..... she's 90 lbs.

She doesn't seem to be suffering per se so I keep putting it off but it's time ..... it's been hitting me hard for the last month ..... pretty weepy and sad.

So know that Zuma will be there to greet your pup.

Feeling for Lt. Bob today.

Positive vibes coming your way, brother.

Well, we decided it was time on Thursday, the day I originally posted this. He was still eating and drinking (which we had to bring to him), but nothing was coming out the other end. He wasn't even peeing. This being a sign of organ failure, we thought he might be getting pretty uncomfortable and we didn't want him to suffer any more than he already had. Like many things in life, the things that have to be done are often the hardest to do. My wife was pretty much a basket case, so it was a little easier for me to be the strong one. Like the death of my father, I'm sure it will hit me later. Right now, I'm missing him, but I'm busy enough to not really have time to think about it much. I'm still surprised when I walk into the living room and he's not laying there.

I'll try not to go on about this, but here's a couple of pictures that I think sum him up.

Thanks for listening.

nigel head on.png
Nigel snow face 1.png
nigel-bee-costume.png
nigel-window.png

I'll probably put up a couple more when I find them.

So long, Little Buddy. You were the best.

bruce-nigel.png

It was lymphoma. you made a good choice, both with the head and the heart.

It took me 8 years before I could replace our last pup, but our newest pup is 2 yrs old now and was worth the wait.

Zuma may not be exactly where Nigel is.

His version of heaven would have about a foot of snow.

I hear ya man. Not all dogs like snow. My 'Jerry Springer' Spaniel 'named Roadie' loves it and he gets in his best shape in the winter. My little lost Brutus (beagle) showed more interest as a cat would. But it was fun to see Roadie make a path so Brutus could run up the hill in our back yard to say "Baaaaarrrrrow" at passers by. I always wondered what he wanted to borrow.... :)

Sorry for your loss man. I feel you. Time to remember the good stuff.

Sucks our pets life expectancy is not equal to ours. :( We always have to say goodbye. Well, unless you are a freak that pet's a macaw... They often outlive the owners. How fair is that?

I feel for you Steve. Sorry man. :(

Beagles are cool. High maintenance, though.

Sorry for your loss, also. How's the other dog handling it?

He is now the alpha dog so he follows my girls everywhere they go. Wife and 4 year old. He does seem lonely tho. Not sure I can do another buddy just yet. We lost a human child 5 years ago. Takes time to get head straight after any family loss. Any species...

Back