I had some posts deleted in the MP3 Clinic today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, a Home Recording poster decided to post a song glorifying god (presumably the alleged Christian or Biblical god, Yahweh) in the MP3 clinic today.

So what?

As a secular humanist person I took exception to this, based firstly upon the guidelines that religion is not allowed as a topic for discussion on these forums and secondarily because of my antipathy towards anybody who takes out their religion and brandishes it in my face.

You chose to click the link and listen to the song. That's not how brandishing works, even for secular humanist people.

It was pointed out to me in the thread that my objection to this overtly religious song was, and I quote, "disrespectful"

Your objection is probably less of a cause for complaint than the sense of entitlement you display in making it, but yeah.

I feel that I have been unfairly treated because I do not subscribe to somebody else's delusion

I recommend you write a song about it and post it in the MP3 clinic.

So I objected to it, for the reasons stated.

You chose to click the link and listen to the song. That's not how brandishing works, even for secular humanist people.
I didn't listen to the song. The title was enough to raise my hackles. I clicked the link to take the piss out of it, nothing more.

Your objection is probably less of a cause for complaint than the sense of entitlement you display in making it, but yeah.
Sounds like gobbledegook to me. Would you mind making your point in a more intelligible manner?

I recommend you write a song about it and post it in the MP3 clinic.
As if I could be arsed. :D

You two are both going straight to hell... RAMI for not capitalizing "God", and Bubba for the entire thread.

One thing I've noticed is that every Christian song I've ever heard posted on here must have been done by one of those heathen Protestant sects. How about a good Catholic song? Each line would be a threat about what was going to happen to you for doing things like glancing at some woman with big tits or using toilet paper that is softer than God intended.

I like staring at big tits that are softer than god intended.

You just made me think of a girl that I broke up with 10 years ago because I saw her with a cold sore one day and I knew I'd never be comfortable letting her do something that did not fit God's plan for procreation ever again. I should have just rolled the dice.

Bubba said:
I think you'll find that the Scottish Presbyterians have the copyright on that particular theme.

So it's not just Catholics? Ok, I changed my mind. Religion must be destroyed.

You two are both going straight to hell... RAMI for not capitalizing "God", and Bubba for the entire thread.

One thing I've noticed is that every Christian song I've ever heard posted on here must have been done by one of those heathen Protestant sects. How about a good Catholic song? Each line would be a threat about what was going to happen to you for doing things like glancing at some woman with big tits or using toilet paper that is softer than God intended.

my favourite catholic song is by zappa, it's called catholic girls, check it out.

my favourite catholic song is by zappa, it's called catholic girls, check it out.

You have a favorite "catholic song"? How many favorite song categories do you have? Don't list them, because that would be boring and I don't care. Just a number is fine.

You have a favorite "catholic song"? How many favorite song categories do you have? Don't list them, because that would be boring and I don't care. Just a number is fine.

There's one called "**** the choirboys, the Pope won't say diddley" By VaticanProtectorate. It's on Grooveshark.

It seems to me that we have finally exhausted the topic, and the thread is now meandering along in a random cave-like direction, so it is time, I feel, to put it to rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back