How did you come to name your studio, mastering facility, or your home recording area

moresound

Loud Sun Studios
THIS history channel show about the sun and a science magazine article name *How loud is the sun?* in which it states the SPL of the activity on the suns surface. Being so loud that if sound could travel through space we would all be deaf.

Let's hear your story -

I live in a silver mine and I call it Beggars' Tomb

Robert Hunter, Uncle Johns' Band

The Foundry.
Named by my sister because of the metal I make there! \m/
Although, now I've branched out into other styles as well. But the foundry is sticking!:D

I never really named my "studio".
I always referred to it as "the music room". (Since it's the room with the music stuff.)
My sister just got tired of me saying "the room with all my music stuff" and said it must have a name! Pretty cool how she came up with it though. Certainly fitting.
I still don't call it "the foundry". Even calling it a studio makes me feel like a producah.
All my friends call it the foundry though.

My studio is in the basement of my home. When I first moved in, it was unfinished cinder block and unheated so working down there was like being in a dungeon, hence the name.

My band's rehearsal spots get named too. 'The Dweller' was prenamed before I joined the band, and 'The Dupe' (a duplex one of us lived in) were the last 2. Before that it was just 'Jerrys House' :D

In my last house a guy in my friend's band called it 'Studio 54' like the nightclub, cuz that was my street address.

My current studio is named after the owner / operator, hasn't got a cool nickname yet.

wait a minute...

aren't you supposed to be building out your studio?

BACK TO WORK SLACKER! :mad:

:D

That's what I told my boss, but he thought his network demographics, analytics server, and traffic shaping systems were more important... wtf! :mad: So here I am dickin around on the web instead :D

That's what I told my boss, but he thought his network demographics, analytics server, and traffic shaping systems were more important... wtf! :mad: So here I am dickin around on the web instead :D

oh yeah...the ol' network demographics, analytics server, and traffic shaping systems...I deal with that every day.

what exactly is that again?

:D

fuggifiknow - at the end of the day I'm giving him a spreadsheet full of technical sounding words with random numbers next to them, and a shiny computer casing full of used pinball machine parts!

So when you build out your studio will the sign be big enough to finally read *Super Star Studio*? :p

I just bought a house, I dont think I'll ever be able to afford another 'e' again! I almost had to sell the 'a' for furniture $$....

In the flat I lived in where I first went forth and multitracked, I called my studio Black mountain side after the Led Zeppelin song. It just had a nice ring about it. When I moved and my wife and I were in our new place, I recorded in my son's room {well, it was his room once he was born} so that studio was called Melly's room {Melly was his nickname for a short season. Now it's Armelticotious}. In our presnt pad, although I record everywhere, the kids' room is still my [Victoria] principal place so it's called Blue carpet studios, because the carpet isn't red, purple or green.
I just picked three random words from the dictionary.
Just like the Bay city rollers. Except they didn't have dictionaries so they used a map.

I just bought a house, I dont think I'll ever be able to afford another 'e' again! I almost had to sell the 'a' for furniture $$....
Ouch ! We're so glad you resisted the urge and have remained pure.

Back