Home Town of Covina in the final Playoff for the Pony League World Series...again ;)

TAE

All you have is now
Kind of cool....I am not sure exactly why but my little bedroom community / population of 50K city of Covina has won the Pony League world series twice in 1975 and 1999 and the Colt world series once back in 1970 when several of my high school sophomore friends played. We've been in the final playoffs several other times and here we are again....4:30 PM PST today our Pony division goes up against Korea for the big prize...Korea has a pretty bad ass team ...Historically the Asian Pacific top teams are really hard to beat.....I'll be rooting for the Home Team!

Covina takes on Korea in 2017 Pony League world series

Hmmm wouldn't stream on Chrome but working on IE
streaming live now @ 5:50 PM PST HERE

Last edited:
Wow we freeking beat em at the midnight hour in extra innings.....3 - 1 2017 Pony League World Series Champions! Really awesome nail biting game to the end..

TAE, thanks for posting something about what's going on in your life and in your home town. It had been 6 days since anyone else posted in PT. I was beginning to think that the only thing anyone posts about any longer is about dead people.

I bought a new 2017 Ford F150 XLT on June 30 and I retired 30 days later.

IMG_3746.jpg

After I bought my new truck I remembered having once read..............

Bill Gates once reportedly compared Microsoft and the computer industry with Ford Motor Company and stated, "If Ford had kept up with technology like we have, we would all be driving $25 cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon.”

In response to Bill Gate’s comment, Ford issued the following response:

If Ford had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics:

1.... For no reason whatsoever, your car could crash.........twice a day.

2.... Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to buy a new car.

3.... Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You would have to pull to the side of the road, close all of the windows, shut off the car, restart it, and reopen the windows before you could continue.

4.... Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.

5.... The oil, water temperature, and alternator warning lights would all be replaced by a single "This Car Has Performed An Illegal Operation" warning light.

6.... In the event of an accident the airbag system would ask, "Are you sure?" before deploying.

7.... Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key and grabbed hold of the radio antenna.

8.... Every time a new car model was introduced car buyers would have to learn how to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as their old car.

9.... And Macintosh would have made a car that was powered by the sun that could only be driven on sunny days.

10…. You would have to press the “Start” button to turn the engine off.

It had been 6 days since anyone else posted in PT. I was beginning to think that the only thing anyone posts about any longer is about dead people..
That just means there isn't really anything going on in the world to talk about, right? Everything is cool and smooth sailing. Right?

TAE, thanks for posting something about what's going on in your life and in your home town. It had been 6 days since anyone else posted in PT. I was beginning to think that the only thing anyone posts about any longer is about dead people.

Yeah PT is a only a shell of what the Cave once was...Like a junkie looking for a fix I still click in every now and then only to be left jonesing for a fix that ain't gonna happen...Dems was da days and they be long gone...We were all lucky to get to be part of such weird little place in cyber space for the time that it existed....Truly far more entertaining and on a personal level closer with each other than things like facebook n other "social media" type places...Not another forum anywhere ever that has come close in my experience...We could write a book on the cast of characters that came and went through the revolving rock door that was the entrance to the cave....Fricking great times , drama up the ass and some of the coolest buds out there...a weirdos :D

Congrats on the truck and retirement Randy....tattered and torn I still have my Jamfest hat...Another example of the coolness of some of the cave dwellers that were all part of the experience that only we you were there can appreciate and relate to...

Be cool jewel!

Are we allowed to talk sports? If we are, I could go on for days. They are KILLING it!

LOL ...........ya know We've pretty much gotten a green light to talk about whatever we want here...but "They'll" be watching and if it goes south ......Boom Cya to that thread... I think I'm going start a Trump Rocks thread

Back