Hey you fucking nerds...

Adam West is a super hero. Everyone else is a poser just looking for an excuse to wear leotards.

Batman has no super powers. He is just a rich dude with a grudge against criminals because his parents were murdered in front of him as a child. He owns a fancy suit and lots of custom gadgets, weapons and vehicles to aid him in his obsessive quest to rid Gotham of crime.

Uh, at least that what I heard somewhere....

Batman has no super powers. He is just a rich dude with a grudge against criminals because his parents were murdered in front of him as a child. He owns a fancy suit and lots of custom gadgets, weapons and vehicles to aid him in his obsessive quest to rid Gotham of crime.

Uh, at least that what I heard somewhere....

Are you saying he isn't really half bat...?

I'm gonna have to rethink my vote...:mad:

Cant he be both?

In the 1 Batman comic I ever read (the one where he fights superman - which was awesome BTW), he at least had freakish strength.

Are you saying he isn't really half bat...?

I'm gonna have to rethink my vote...:mad:

I am indeed.
Sorry to have cast doubt following what I'm sure was a very difficult voting decision on your part.

Cant he be both?

In the 1 Batman comic I ever read (the one where he fights superman - which was awesome BTW), he at least had freakish strength.

Yes, he can be both, and he is. He is a super hero, yet he has no super powers. He's just really good at fighting and very determined.

Okay, but he's just a mortal man with gadgets, a grudge, a costume, and good fighting ability. So he is certainly a hero, but is he a superhero? I think of superheros as heroes with super power. Superman can fucking fly, spiderman is half spider, the hulk turns into a gigantic angry green monster with purple Daisy Dukes, etc. Batman just lives in a cave with his boy lover and fights crime with toys. I'm leaning towards not a superhero.

But he climbed a mountain, found a blue flower and had an epiphany. Not everyone can do all that in an opening scene.

It's a fair point Greg, and one that I think HR readers want answered.

I say batman is a superhero. I don't think you need to possess super powers to be considered one.

Think of tony stark, aka iron man...a mere mortal, and also an alcoholic with a bad heart, but also a billionaire.

The lesser known Green Arrow. Also a mere mortal, but also a billionaire.

I think to be a super hero, you merely need to meet three criteria:

1) wear a costume
2) dedicate your life to fighting bad guys
3) have a comic book/tv show and/or movie made about you

Most characters who meet the above criteria also possess super powers, but if not, apparently they have to be billionaires.

It's a fair point Greg, and one that I think HR readers want answered.

I say batman is a superhero. I don't think you need to possess super powers to be considered one.

Think of tony stark, aka iron man...a mere mortal, and also an alcoholic with a bad heart, but also a billionaire.

The lesser known Green Arrow. Also a mere mortal, but also a billionaire.

I think to be a super hero, you merely need to meet three criteria:

1) wear a costume
2) dedicate your life to fighting bad guys
3) have a comic book/tv show and/or movie made about you

Most characters who meet the above criteria also possess super powers, but if not, apparently they have to be billionaires.

Maybe that's the key. You have to be very wealthy to be able to afford the gadgets that can make you a superhero. I don't suppose there are any homeless superheros.

Ironman is another though. He's another rich guy in a fancy suit. The difference with him is that he's like part bionic with that heart motor thing he has going on.

And what about Wonder Woman? Does she have any actual powers? Besides a woman's typical vagina power?

Maybe that's the key. You have to be very wealthy to be able to afford the gadgets that can make you a superhero. I don't suppose there are any homeless superheros.

Ironman is another though. He's another rich guy in a fancy suit. The difference with him is that he's like part bionic with that heart motor thing he has going on.

And what about Wonder Woman? Does she have any actual powers? Besides a woman's typical vagina power?

Yeah, ironman does have the heart motor thing, but that's just like a glorified pacemaker that doubles as like a super battery for his suit. That device in itself doesn't grant him any powers like the bionic man or something.

Tony stark without heart motor thingy = dead.
Tony stark with heart motor thingy = living billionaire.
Tony stark with heart motor thingy powering armored suit = super hero!

Not sure on Wonder Woman. I think she has some weird ass origin story about coming from an Amazonian tribe or something?

Didn't she have a magic hula hoop?...no, I think it was a lasso?

Anyway, I know she had a super tight, patriotic costume!

Soldiers, fire fighters and cops are heroes. Batman is a super hero, because he takes it that one step further. Same with Iron Man.

Superman has super powers, but every time you turn around he's getting his ass handed to him, or someone manages to put kriptonite in his shorts...

Batman beat up superman. I shit you not. It was epic. I guess they have a movie about it coming up.

---------- Update ----------

SNL summed up super hero status in that skit where they were at superman's funeral.

Back