Hey Joe record

TAE

All you have is now
Did you know it was the first single Jimi released as the Jimi Hendrix Experience?

May1.jpg

Well I bet these 7344 guitarist in Wrocław, Poland know...

On May 1st, 2006, Guinness certified a new world record for most guitarists playing at the same time.

1,581 guitar players simultaneously performed Jimi Hendrix's version of "Hey Joe" in Wrocław, Poland.

2015 will hold the 13th edition of Guitar Guinness World Record as part of the Thanks Jimi Hendrix Festival.
The event is becoming a cult event, and every year people from across Poland and the rest of Europe gather in Wrocław, attempting to beat the Guinness World Record in the collaborative guitar rendition of "Hey Joe".

This year, participants will attempt to beat their own record from the years prior, when the song will be played through 7344 guitars. that's a lot of guitar strings...

Although forgivable, it's also totally pathetic. When Jimi did it, it was truly truly awesome. When a buncha people do it forty years later like some kinda town hall meeting, it's sad.

Although forgivable, it's also totally pathetic. When Jimi did it, it was truly truly awesome. When a buncha people do it forty years later like some kinda town hall meeting, it's sad.

I get ya Doby but it is cool that all these people came together not only to break a record but to be part of a monster tip of the hat to "the great one"

Throughout history 1500 some people have assembled for much worse things.:)

Glad to see there is so much Hendrix love in the eastern bloc:thumbs up:

I remember some guys doing this for Smoke on the Water.
Did all of these people agree on a certain way to play Hey Joe?
Do you have to audition?

I remember some guys doing this for Smoke on the Water.
Did all of these people agree on a certain way to play Hey Joe?
Do you have to audition?

I think this is a the ol hum a few bars and I'll follow along...

All I know is without EZ Willis there the whole thing is an exercise in futility.

I worked for a Czech company for 7 years and spent many many months of my life in Prague and Hradec Kralove...the architecture is very similar...brings back many fond memories.

Back