To heck with call blocking services - maybe..?

Looks like you have to enter the number to be blocked in the unit's database. Not much help with bot callers that will phone from a different number every time. Anybody remember the national do not call list? It worked for a while. I don't answer my phone, ever, unless I recognize the number. Want to reach me? Leave a message.

Hadn't really thought about a hardware approach but I did a search in ebay and there are quite a few inexpensive options. We still keep a VOIP land line and it is unbelievable how many stupid solicitation calls we get daily. I'm sure we'll still get em but this could put a stop to a lot of the repeaters.

EBAY Call blockers

Hadn't really thought about a hardware approach but I did a search in ebay and there are quite a few inexpensive options. We still keep a VOIP land line and it is unbelievable how many stupid solicitation calls we get daily. I'm sure we'll still get em but this could put a stop to a lot of the repeaters.

EBAY Call blockers

Yeah at least one of them is in the Amazon link.
So can these 'bot callers use a string of numbers to mix it up? That would suckie.

My other inclination' is to pick up and suck up a bunch their $time, but ... that ain't real.

I have a special deal for all hr.com members!

Send me $100 in small unmarked bills and I promise to never call you in return.

Operators are standing by!

Cheers! :)

I don't know if you use Google Voice but I do for my mobile...and it is VERY cool

Though it's kind of a hassle to get your existing land line number ported over to a google voice number, it's doable and powerful once accomplished

We've had the same landline number for @ 30 years so we'd prefer not to lose it... Here's the deal

Google voice is only set up for porting mobile phone numbers so...you have to port your landline to a burner / temporary mobile phone then using that mobile number port it over as your google voice number ..total cost to pull that off is about $40 and 5 days of fiddle farting back n forth with customer service people making it happen

Sounds like a lot of work and hassle and it is...but...once done it becomes a very powerful and inexpensive land line... I currently am paying around $45 a month after taxes and fees using Vonage...been using VOIP since @ 2002...I have an Obitalk and have experimented with it and it seems to work just fine, just like Vonage...the difference is using it as my google voice number it's fricking free...AND I can go in and review phone calls and block as many numbers as I want...no limit...free....from then on when they call they get a "this number has been disconnected message"...cool..

Oh well ...I have been procrastinating on doing this for a few years ...New Years resolution ...I'm going for it and whacking Vonage in 2016...That extra $500 bones a year can be better spent on a lot of things other than supporting a service I can get pretty much for free.

I found a really great call-blocking system that costs me nothing.

I turn off the phone ringer, and let everyone leave a message.
I then only call back the ones I want...and I delete the messages from the spammers. :)

I found a really great call-blocking system that costs me nothing.

I turn off the phone ringer, and let everyone leave a message.
I then only call back the ones I want...and I delete the messages from the spammers. :)

Yeah that works great...unless you have elderly parents and Adult kids with kids...we have both so the ringer stays on...just in case.

Yeah that works great...unless you have elderly parents and Adult kids with kids...we have both so the ringer stays on...just in case.

You can always try one of the phone lights/flashers...I use one in my studio.
It's not as attention grabbing as a ringer...but if you're even partially facing the light/flasher...it will get your attention.

I don't have a full house, so I can kill the ringer and not care. Only when my mother is up from Florida...I have to turn all the ringers on, since she's hard of hearing anyway. That way when I'm away from the house and call to check on her...she'll answer.

Back