Greg L's band

I'm pleased that they didn't post a "Can I sing?" thread, or a "please critique my mix" thread.

Saves me having to comment.

Anal **** is terrible. Their song titles are hilarious, though. I still have EVERYONE SHOULD BE KILLED on my mp3 player... when I first got an mp3 player 13 years or so ago, I borrowed all the CDs of a friend of mine and ripped a lot them. The song titles made me think it had potential, but three songs in I realized that they were trying to sound terrible on purpose, and they were doing a great job.

I heard they put out a cock rock album a few years ago and it's not bad. I might have to check it out. But yeah, the one I have is just awful.

Anal **** is terrible. Their song titles are hilarious, though. I still have EVERYONE SHOULD BE KILLED on my mp3 player... when I first got an mp3 player 13 years or so ago, I borrowed all the CDs of a friend of mine and ripped a lot them. The song titles made me think it had potential, but three songs in I realized that they were trying to sound terrible on purpose, and they were doing a great job.

I heard they put out a cock rock album a few years ago and it's not bad. I might have to check it out. But yeah, the one I have is just awful.

They're a band that makes you wonder why there is a need for an HR site. We spend hours deliberating over which mike to use, what recording techniques work best, how to get 'pro quality' . . . and in the end total crap that pays no attention to any recording skill gets applauded.

I heard they put out a cock rock album a few years ago and it's not bad. I might have to check it out.

Yup, 'Fuckin A'.

---------- Update ----------

They're a band that makes you wonder why there is a need for an HR site. We spend hours deliberating over which mike to use, what recording techniques work best, how to get 'pro quality' . . . and in the end total crap that pays no attention to any recording skill gets applauded.

Hey, what can you do. I guess not everyone cares about sounding like "the radio".

On the slip side, tons of people throw every sim, sample, and plug-in they can find at a mix because they read about it at an HR site and their mixes still sound like dogshit. What can ya do? :confused:

Well . . . "pro quality" depends on what you're recording. If you record a raw punk band with the production values of Metallica's black album, you're going to totally ruin it. In the case of A.C. they're kind of a running joke, trying to annoy and offend as many people as possible, so recording it like that is actually very appropriate. You're not supposed to think they're good, that's the point. It's comedy.

given the nature of the sources i didn't think the recording techniques or mix rendered this unlistenable, and i heard more than just random noise. to each their own i guess,one man's trash, ymmv etc. hilarious.

Well . . . "pro quality" depends on what you're recording. If you record a raw punk band with the production values of Metallica's black album, you're going to totally ruin it. In the case of A.C. they're kind of a running joke, trying to annoy and offend as many people as possible, so recording it like that is actually very appropriate. You're not supposed to think they're good, that's the point. It's comedy.
Hmmm, I don't really like comedy music - I don't listen to music for a laugh - comedy songs only really work the first time you hear them. Saying that, if you are going to do musical comedy - the music should really also be a) good/funny, and b) listenable. Otherwise its just shite isn't it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtgmKRp5Nlg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8f_XCH3zmM

Last edited:
Back