Gotta love the internets....

TAE

All you have is now
Some of the best concerts I ever saw were early in my concert going experience...

Pink Floyd September 22nd 1972 at the Hollywood Bowl still holds the rank of #1... It was all being filmed with serious camera set ups so I knew there had to be an awesome audio track...It took the internet to bring that recording out....It goes by several different names the most popular "Staying home to watch the rain"

In the top 10 is Steely Dan march 9th of 1974 at the Sopwith Camel in Glendale a very small funky little club just a few miles from Hollyweird and Capitol records...

They didn't tour much and this was intimate and cool...blew me away.......

Well God Bless the internets...... The full audio of that concert

I bet there was a lot of smoke in the air and visits to the bathroom for nose powdering at that show.

Solid recording and great performance.

Who's drumming? Pretty awesome jam/solo midway through (end of Do It Again).

Looking at Wiki this appears to be right at the end of one drummer's stint and the beginning of another's...

Anyway, it would be cool is this was Jeff Porcaro.

If I read the comments the first one lists the musicians. :facepalm:

Saw this tour one month later at the U. of Toledo, Ohio Fieldhouse. Still the best concert musically I've ever seen. All the best songs from their first 3 albums, Skunk and Denny on lead guitars, dual drummers Jim Hodder and Jeff Porcaro (Toto), singers Donald Fagen, Michael McDonald, Royce Jones ("Any Major Dude") and Skunk Baxter ("My Old School"), and they all somehow managed to do justice to these difficult songs without a horn section or female backup singers. My wife and I had no idea when we left the arena that April evening that Becker and Fagen wouldn't tour again for 19 years, and wouldn't even give us a concert album to remember the event.

Some of the best concerts I ever saw were early in my concert going experience...

In the top 10 is Steely Dan march 9th of 1974 at the Sopwith Camel in Glendale a very small funky little club just a few miles from Hollyweird and Capitol records...

They didn't tour much and this was intimate and cool...blew me away.......

Well God Bless the internets...... The full audio of that concert

That first song reminded me of a band called EQT (Eric Quincy Tate). Made me dig up this jam:

YouTube

Back