Google Voice + Obihai 110 = KICK ASS FREE land line / Voip

TAE

All you have is now
I've been a Vonage user since @ 2002..originally there were no "other fees" it was just $29 a month... boom ...done...slowly over the years it has had all kinds of regulatory fees and services added to it. So much so that as of my last bill (still at a base of $29 a month) the total bill exceeded $40. = over $480 a year..

I picked an Obihai 110 for @ $50 linked it to a google voice account and I'm done with Vonage and have a FREE landline phone with unbelievably cool call filtering and voicemail options. Google has a huge blacklist database and those that aren't on it that should not be calling get a recorded message that makes them identify themselves if they want the call to go through.. @ 99% of those ass hat solicitors hang up..I get a email saying I had a missed call and then I block them or include them in my contacts which circumvents the "state your name" and rings them directly in.

Was a pain in the ass to block calls with Vonage and you could only block a limited amount...lame

With Google voice unlimited blocking ... we were getting at least a few solicitors everyday...on occasion late at night or early in the morning... zero now...just an e-mail letting me know I had a hang up / missed call...anyone that knows me that isn't on my "white list" isn't going to have a problem stating their name ...so no mo ass hat phone solicitors.

Call quality is definitely on par with Vonage and I keep a running $10 in my GV account for the international calls which are the lowest fees out there. And no more bull shit federal fees for the blind and deaf or "you are so lucky to live California" fees...

Strongly recommend this system if you have good internet that supports a VOIP land line..:thumbs up:

Good to know. I will have to check it out.

I currently use Magic Jack strictly for voicemail. I'll get an email when someone leaves a message. Other than Magic Jack, we don't have a landline at the house, we just use our cellphones.

I'm real tired of all the robocallers.

Well 2 months down the road and all I can say is Hell Yeah!

We were getting at least a few annoying calls every day...with the new "filtering" where any unknown caller must state their name before being connected has reduced it down to about 2 a month and that's stretching it. I've white listed all family and friends that call on the "Home Phone" so they ring through no problem. When I go check the history online...hundreds of "missed calls" which is what unknown callers that won't state their name are categorized as.......100's a month...didn't realize just how many dumb ass solicitation calls we were getting...Very powerful , very cool and free...Thank you Google!

Back