Good films?

Little bit predictable but great acting and a solid film, it all felt believable...Bales great as ever but I really liked Defoe in it too

Took a quick break to refill the wine.

Yeah, I like most any film with Bales. Woody Harrelson, too. Last weekend I watched a movie with Defoe called Bad County or something. It was pretty darn good. I didn't expect much from him, but he did good. Really enjoyed it.

Not really a film, but I consider it one.

Over the Garden Wall:

Easily the best animated movie I've seen. It's in 10 ten minute episodes (so a little over an hour and a half).

Elijah Wood is the main voice actor, and he's great. Great story and characters for both kids and adults. I even teared up at the end. It's set in an unknown place and unknown times (but the costuming and places range from anywhere from 1600s to 1800s). The tone of the drawings are nice. The music is amazing!

Here's the first episode (which I think is the worst, in my opinion):

I don't know if the Fast & Furious is considered good, but I've recently binge watched with friends so that I could go see Furious 7. It was good, pretty sad. But good.

I don't know if the Fast & Furious is considered good, but I've recently binge watched with friends so that I could go see Furious 7. It was good, pretty sad. But good.

Yeah, I watched that too. Last few minutes were definitely a downer :(

Nice little mindless action flick though!

I've watched a few films recently that I've quite liked.

The Voices 2014

I thought this was a cracking little film with some good dark humour. Although I'm not really a fan of Ryan Reynolds in general, I thought he played a really good part in this one. For the talking Cat and Dog alone this film is worth watching. Very funny.

These Final Days 2013

A very good Australian Indie film. This was one of those films you watch where you are thinking about it for days afterwards. Some over top bad acting in places but some really touching parts too that really grip you. For Indie film fans, I would definitely recommend this one.

Still Life 2013

This was quite a sad film really about a very sad subject. Very little dialogue in it for the majority of the film but Eddie Marsan (Great actor) carried the role perfectly. A lonely man who sorts out the affairs of deceased lonely people sounds like an awful film but it was really good.

Into The Woods 2014

For a musical, it wasn't great but it wasn't the worst I've seen. If this had ended at around 1hr 10mins then it would've been alright. It felt like they were flogging a dead horse for the final 50 minutes and I was struggling to keep my eyes open I was so bored. Even the wife was bored by the end. Interesting way of interweaving 4 Fairytales but whoever told James Corden he could act or sing, needs shooting. He's just one of those actors I really dislike. If you enjoy it until the 1hr 10min mark, then turn it off. You won't miss anything in the next 50 minutes.

Love, Rosie 2014

For a RomCom I really enjoyed this one. The wife loved it and cried a few times throughout, which is the sign of a good film for her.

I watched Lawless last night. What a cracking little film that was. Really enjoyed that.

I'm just about to sit and endure Fifty Shades Of Grey with the wife. Wish me luck.....

The Avengers

As a standalone film I would give it three out of five, as an installment in a series I would give it a four and out of five.

The movie delivers on action and one liners, but really tries packing too much stuff into it. If you're a fanboy (I am) you can tolerate that better. Marvel has pretty much manage to recreate the serials in a blockbuster form.

It's been a couple/few months since I saw it (I actually didn't know this thread existed), but "Out Of The Furnace" I liked a lot....

Watched "Kurt Kobain: Montage of Heck" last night, & it was ok...It really just showed the whole world how messed up in the head he really was...I'm not a big Nirvana fan myself, some of their music I like, I was more into AIC myself....

Out of the furnace had some great acting, kinda new the direction the film was going but enjoyed the ride anyway...

Out of the furnace had some great acting, kinda new the direction the film was going but enjoyed the ride anyway...

Yup, predictable, but still good.

I watched the Prestige not too long ago. I didn't guess the end. I'll watch it again and then delete it.

Yeah, good acting IMO....they had the hillbilly accents down pretty good too, sounded 'bout like home to me...I thought Woody Harrelson did a great job myself, Christian Bale is always good, but Harrelson stood out in this to me....

Watched "Dallas Buyer's Club" last night....actually a good movie, I didn't think it'd be much honestly, but overall, it was pretty good...

A movie I keep watching over & over is Still Crazy...it's an older movie about a 70's band making a comeback, & it's pretty predictable, but I love it myself...Bill Nighy did a super job in this movie IMO, & it's kinda funny for me to see him in something like this, as I'm used to seeing him in the "Underworld" movies....Check this old flick out if you get a chance, there's some pretty good laughs in it....

Watched American Sniper last night, & thought it was a great movie...I have no idea how much that was in the movie actually happened, but I thought this was one of the better movies I've saw in a while...

Anyone else saw this???

Watched American Sniper last night, & thought it was a great movie...I have no idea how much that was in the movie actually happened, but I thought this was one of the better movies I've saw in a while...

Anyone else saw this???

I think pretty much everything they depicted happened. Been reading through the book, but I'm not done with it yet. Matches up pretty well. I enjoyed that movie too, as much as I could I guess considering the sad ending.

Back