Good films?

Took the kid to see American Sniper. Great movie and a good father/son event. The movie was close to the book for the parts they covered. Of course, they left a lot out, but you can only cover so much story in 2 hours. I don't remember the 1 mile shot with a sandstorm blowing in the book, but I might have skimmed through that part.

Took the kid to see American Sniper. Great movie and a good father/son event. The movie was close to the book for the parts they covered. Of course, they left a lot out, but you can only cover so much story in 2 hours. I don't remember the 1 mile shot with a sandstorm blowing in the book, but I might have skimmed through that part.

watched it last week, awesome movie. really makes you think. Lone Survivor is another one of my favorites.

Selma - great film too, amazing that this happened in the US so recently...surprised no oscar nomination

A film to avoid. Interstella. Don't waste your time, it's utter tripe. I like Matthew McConaughey but he acts like a plank of wood in this film. Anne Hathaway looks like a plank of wood. and the rest of the cast are just fence posts to get you through this 3hr pile of shite.

I was very disappointed.

There is quite a lot of controversy surrounding the entire story. The guy was outed as a fabricator of truths by a court and a lot of his other claims have been heavily disputed. The book paints Kyle as an all-American dickhead. I heard that the movie makes him look a lot better.

A film to avoid. Interstella. Don't waste your time, it's utter tripe. I like Matthew McConaughey but he acts like a plank of wood in this film. Anne Hathaway looks like a plank of wood. and the rest of the cast are just fence posts to get you through this 3hr pile of shite.

I was very disappointed.

I thought it was awesome!

2 films I've enjoyed recently.

The Wee Man (2013) - IMDb

Based on the true story of Scottish Gangster Paul Ferris. I've read a few books and seen a couple of documentaries about him. The film wasn't brilliant by any standards but it was good enough to keep me watching.

Convict (2014) - IMDb

I don't see why the ratings for this film are so low. I thought it was fantastic, considering the budget and it being an indie film. I know a lot of people don't like films unless they're all shiny, glossy Hollywood turd. Expectations of people are way too high. I'm a big indie film fan.

I thought it was a really good film, brutal and emotional. Very clearly influenced by Sylvester Stallone's Lock Up but that's not such a bad thing. There's a little 'nod & wink' to Lock Up at the very end of the film that I would imagine most people would be oblivious to.

:thumbs up:

2 films I've enjoyed recently.

The Wee Man (2013) - IMDb

Based on the true story of Scottish Gangster Paul Ferris. I've read a few books and seen a couple of documentaries about him. The film wasn't brilliant by any standards but it was good enough to keep me watching.

Convict (2014) - IMDb

I don't see why the ratings for this film are so low. I thought it was fantastic, considering the budget and it being an indie film. I know a lot of people don't like films unless they're all shiny, glossy Hollywood turd. Expectations of people are way too high. I'm a big indie film fan.

I thought it was a really good film, brutal and emotional. Very clearly influenced by Sylvester Stallone's Lock Up but that's not such a bad thing. There's a little 'nod & wink' to Lock Up at the very end of the film that I would imagine most people would be oblivious to.

:thumbs up:

Try "starred up", great prison movie..has a decent sense of realism about it and some top performances.

Back