Good films?

The African Queen (1951)

Crocodiles, tsetse flies, mechanical difficulties, African rains and burning sun, sickness, an erratic helmer — all these and more plagued the shooting of The African Queen, no less than the onscreen journey of the African Queen down the Ulonga–Bora River during the first World War.

Spartacus (1960)

Though pre-Christian, Spartacus prefigures and provides historical context to the Gospel story in intriguing ways — most obviously in the bold climax, the film’s greatest strength. Spartacus doesn’t entirely escape the melodrama, cheesiness, and anachronistic hairstyles that afflict the genre and period, but the comparative frankness of the politics, sexuality, and violence, and especially the downbeat third act and memorable finale give it a dramatic heft beyond its predecessors. The decadence and corruption of Rome, too, is vividly contrasted with the wholesome, family-oriented society of the rebel slaves.

Shadowlands (1993)

Anthony Hopkins plays “Jack” as a somewhat abstracted ivory-tower academic rather than the robust and jovial figure he actually was. But Lewis’ penetrating intellect and faith are here, as is his love for Joy (Winger), and the crippling grief that came afterwards. A challenging and inspiring film.

The Incredibles (2004)

The Incredibles is exhilarating entertainment with unexpected depths. It’s a bold, bright, funny and furious superhero cartoon that dares to take sly jabs at the culture of entitlement, from the shallow doctrine of self-esteem that affirms everybody, encouraging mediocrity and penalizing excellence, to the litigation culture that demands recompense for everyone if anything ever happens, to the detriment of the genuinely needy.

Monkey Business (1952)

Fucking hilarious.

The Namesake (2006)

Fucking deep.

Borat (2006)

Fucking hilarious.

The Pianist (2002)

Fucking sad.

I fucking recommend these movies because they are fucking awesome.

Yeah. That's true.
-0.5 for back wings.
Scene comes in at a solid 9.5/10.

Yep solid score! lol

I just logged onto IMDB.com and saw an ad for the trailer of Paranormal Activity 4.....oh lord....

WHAT DID WE DO TO DESERVE THIS!?!?!?!?! :laughings:

Seems like the new "perk" of this one (PA2--multiple cams, PA3--panning cam) is going to be Skype calls :facepalm:

Man. I haven't seen any of those yet :o

Reminds me though.
Anyone ever check out the Fourth Kind?

Man. I haven't seen any of those yet :o

Reminds me though.
Anyone ever check out the Fourth Kind?

Haha don't worry you aren't missing anything! The first and third ones were the only decent ones.

The Fourth Kind....is that the one with the Alaska town and the owls and stuff? If so, I saw it about 3 years ago. Wasn't a big fan of it but it was an interesting story.

Haha don't worry you aren't missing anything! The first and third ones were the only decent ones.

The Fourth Kind....is that the one with the Alaska town and the owls and stuff? If so, I saw it about 3 years ago. Wasn't a big fan of it but it was an interesting story.

Correct!

I went and saw it when it came out. Me and 3 friends in the theater alone. Probably the entire building actually.
It freaked the shit out of me for some reason.

Me and some friends have started this thing where we pick random movies and watch them on netflix in an xbox live party.
Leprechaun 5: In the Hood, Ghost Adventures, and The wild whites of west virginia (or something like that) have been recent ones.
Very interesting indeed. Our commentary is the best part.

Back