Good films?

kcearl

I see deaf people
saw Mongol last night, it was excellent. Not one for those who dont like subtitles...for some reason they always make a film better to me...i suppose not hearing Genghis Khan with an American accent helps the believability :)

yeah Greg was saying he liked it, it looks awful in the trailers :o

if you get the chance there's a swedish vampire film called "Let the Right One In"...brilliant little movie

yeah Greg was saying he liked it, it looks awful in the trailers :o

if you get the chance there's a swedish vampire film called "Let the Right One In"...brilliant little movie

Oh, it's terrible. I liked it anyway.:) John Malkovich made the movie.

I have "The Duelists" to watch later on...awesome film, Ridley Scots first, with Harvey Keitel

been years since i watched it

Good films, current or historical ?

I like:

Being John Malkovich

U-Turn ( with Sean Penn ) ...

Capricorn One ( found it in the bargain bin )

Traffic ( Benicio fan )

LOTR

American Psycho

Anything with Paul Newman

i watched slap shot the other day....excellent nostalgia trip

I dont have pay TV and I dont watch free to air. I find a lot of movies in the bargain bin at K-mart and other outlets, then if I take a liking to the actor will suss out more work. Not sure how to track down that Newman movie :(

I dont have pay TV and I dont watch free to air. I find a lot of movies in the bargain bin at K-mart and other outlets, then if I take a liking to the actor will suss out more work. Not sure how to track down that Newman movie :(

It's a great classic but campy. Four stars!

I watched bits of Full Metal Jacket on Youtube this weekend. I really don't think that film has held up well at all. Pyle's madness was way too contrived, like a leftover of the Shining but without the quality of Nicholson. And Gunny, we love him but he played a caricature of himself. The post-boot camp scenes were random and cliche. And what up with the crap squad action in Hue? Did Gunny stop consulting with them at that point? I don't think real Marines would have such poor fire discipline. My bowling teammate is chief of the local MCL, I'm gonna ask him.

So I watched bit of Band of Brothers, better but the kill ratio is way too Hollywood.

As always, I'm going back to Seven Samurai. It don't get no better than that :cool:

I watched bits of Full Metal Jacket on Youtube this weekend. I really don't think that film has held up well at all. Pyle's madness was way too contrived, like a leftover of the Shining but without the quality of Nicholson. And Gunny, we love him but he played a caricature of himself. The post-boot camp scenes were random and cliche. And what up with the crap squad action in Hue? Did Gunny stop consulting with them at that point? I don't think real Marines would have such poor fire discipline. My bowling teammate is chief of the local MCL, I'm gonna ask him.

So I watched bit of Band of Brothers, better but the kill ratio is way too Hollywood.

As always, I'm going back to Seven Samurai. It don't get no better than that :cool:

Try Saints and Soldiers if you like B of B....its very low budget and the actor pretending to be a brit is awful but its a good film otherwise

yeah Cfox Slap Shot is loosely based around ice hockey but its a slice of the 70's, very very dated and great for it..I remember being a kid and just being amazed at the violence and language in it...its pretty hokey now

True that MSH.

:cool:

hes the Evil Dead dude?

Im working my way through monty python....on episode 7 out of 45 lol

the first one I remembered as a kid was episode 4....gee instant nostalgia bursts

Pity you guys didnt get Spike Milligan...gotta find his Q series next, mental humour :)

saw Mongol last night, it was excellent. Not one for those who dont like subtitles...for some reason they always make a film better to me...i suppose not hearing Genghis Khan with an American accent helps the believability :)

i think when it's in another language it makes it harder to tell when the acting is bad :laughings:

i think when it's in another language it makes it harder to tell when the acting is bad :laughings:

you know I cant think of a subtitled film, other than something like a Japanese monster flick, where I thought the acting or script was bad...so thats probably true :D

Back