Good films?

Just got back from seeing The Witch! IMO, a good atmospheric horror movie. Definitely breaks away fm what most modern horror flicks try to do by not having any jump scares and not getting too cliche. A little slow moving in parts, but I liked it.

Watched "Black Mass", the Johnny Depp flick tonight, & I thought it was ok, but was way over-hyped from the advertising about it....I will say I think Depp is a great actor, but the movie just wasn't what I thought it was gonna be....

What movies would you recommend?

I'm trying to find some good movies to watch. Can you recommend some? Some of my favorite movies are these:

Pirates of the Caribbean, 123
Godfather , all of them
Eastern Promises
Catch me if you can
Talk to me
Point break
In Bruges
etc etc
I like anthony minghella and tarantino movies. watched almost all of them.

and I like comedies too

School of rock, shooting fish, tenacious d, hang over etc etc. (no age barrier ;))

NO psychological, horror, fantasy, sci fi movies please

Please Recommend some good movies. (no lectures on why what you like may not be what I like, please :D:D:D)

Watched a film called 'Red Lights' the other night. Sigourney Weaver & Robert Deniro. Had caught part of it on HBO while on vacation.

Interesting take on ESP/discreditation.

I promised the kid I'd take him to see it. That hasn't happened yet. Guess I need to get it done soon; before it hits Netflix.

Not a movie, but one of the better TV series out right now is Gotham. They do a really good job of backstory for all of the characters. Good acting, very edgy, rather dark, not cartoonish at all. Very few series I will watch, but this one keeps me coming back. It is so good, I am surprised it is on network TV. It is Netflix, HBO, Showtime quality series.

You you haven't tried it, you should give it a viewing. First season I believe is on Netflix.

whens its being released on blu ray etc?

Yeah man! Haha when I get the chance for an awesome movie in IMAX 3D I always take it!

Not a movie, but one of the better TV series out right now is Gotham. They do a really good job of backstory for all of the characters. Good acting, very edgy, rather dark, not cartoonish at all. Very few series I will watch, but this one keeps me coming back. It is so good, I am surprised it is on network TV. It is Netflix, HBO, Showtime quality series.

You you haven't tried it, you should give it a viewing. First season I believe is on Netflix.

I watched maybe the first 5 or 6 episodes of season 1 when they were airing, but I just couldn't really get into it. Definitely gonna come back around to it sometime since its on netflix though.

Ha! That is one of my least favorite TV shows EVER! lol Now Agents of Shield on the other hand.... :eatpopcorn::D:listeningmusic:

I watched Captain America Winter Soldier.

This was the stupidest movie since The Garbage Pail Kids movie. I can't believe how fucking terrible it was. You'd think at least one of the famous people in it would say "Hey, this is a total shit script" but I guess they are getting paid because people will watch these movies no matter how bad they are, and so they said fuck it.

***Spoiler alert - but actually don't worry about it because this movie is a turd sausage***

The dumbest part about the movie is that half of the Avengers are feeling guilty about collateral damage from their previous fights, so in direct reaction to this they go to an airport and fight the other half of the avengers....wait for it.....causing a shit ton of collateral damage in the process. This is the central philosophical underpinning of the plot. The characters struggle with it, and then throw out every principle they just agonized over - all in the space of 1 fucking day. Ant Man destroys a passenger plane. Was there anyone on it? Did 300 innocent people just die? Did they just fuck up a terminal full of innocents? Ah fuck it who fucking cares - the characters don't that's for sure.

The second dumbest part is that captain america almost kills Iron Man. They probably could have just worked out some sort of agreement, but eh fuck that, might makes right and Captain America keeps (more or less) bare knuckle punching Iron Man in his steel helmet - which makes no fucking sense at all. Meanwhile Iron Man is punching Captain America with steel fists in his un-helmeted head/face and Cap gets a couple minor scratches after taking a dozen rocket powered steel fist blows to the head/face. He's tough, eh?

Tony Stark - supposed to be smart - finds out the Russians completely brainwashed this guy and made him kill Stark's parents. He still blames the guy and tries to kill him despite having all the information necessary to conclude the guy had absolutely no control over it. So Stark is a world renowned generational brilliant engineering genius hero but can't comprehend basic 8th grade psychology. :facepalm: They just turned the smartest guy in the marvel universe into a meathead thug.

The acting is fucking terrible. Paul Rudd was horrible. Even Robert Downy Jr was friggin disgraceful. They introduce this guy and his Dad (Black Panther I guess?) and about 20 seconds later they blow up the Dad. You're supposed to be sad but you know absolutely nothing about either guy, so it is hard to give a fuck. There are some new women characters. I have no idea who they are or why they are here. They haven't been in any of the other movies. Guess they wanted more women but ran out of time to explain it and so they cut those corners too. One of them has a magical ball that can do stuff. It's neat I guess but they spent about 4 minutes on her so I have no idea what she can do or why.

Perhaps Samuel L Jackson had too much integrity to be in this shit show of a movie, and I realize he did Snakes on a Plane, but I honestly think Snakes hurts your integrity less than this sack of shit.

Also they bring in the 3rd Spiderman in the past decade. Never mind that there are entire series of spiderman movies, and the backstory is interesting but beat to death almost as much as Batman, they managed to cram the re-introduction into about 6 minutes. The kid is terrible, and his jokes are le bad - and not so bad they're good, no, they just suck.

Oh yeah, the animation/CGI flat out fucking sucks in this movie. They cut corners big time. This was pretty surprising.

Last edited:
Correction good sir, it sounds like you watched Captain America: Civil War. :D

Yeah I wasn't much of a fan of that one either. All the Marvel fanboys ranted and raved about how it was so awesome though lol. And the previous Spiderman movies (both series) were made by Sony, but now Marvel has the rights to Spiderman back, so that's why they shoehorned him in there out of nowhere.

I personally liked Batman v Superman much better, because it's darker and the plot made more sense, so maybe give that or Suicide Squad a go if you're looking for a good comic book based movie.

Correction good sir, it sounds like you watched Captain America: Civil War. :D

Yeah I wasn't much of a fan of that one either. All the Marvel fanboys ranted and raved about how it was so awesome though lol. And the previous Spiderman movies (both series) were made by Sony, but now Marvel has the rights to Spiderman back, so that's why they shoehorned him in there out of nowhere.

I personally liked Batman v Superman much better, because it's darker and the plot made more sense, so maybe give that or Suicide Squad a go if you're looking for a good comic book based movie.

I watched Captain thug vs dumbfuck genius. Whatever it was called, it's not worthy of being gotten right. :)

Batman vs Superman was Schindler's List compared to this fucking thing, and I didn't even like Batman vs Superman. I grew up watching Gene Hackman's Lex Luthor, and it's pretty hard to beat. The kid from the facebook movie doesn't stack up well next to Hackman. Total miscast IMO.

I watched Captain thug vs dumbfuck genius. Whatever it was called, it's not worthy of being gotten right. :)

Batman vs Superman was Schindler's List compared to this fucking thing, and I didn't even like Batman vs Superman. I grew up watching Gene Hackman's Lex Luthor, and it's pretty hard to beat. The kid from the facebook movie doesn't stack up well next to Hackman. Total miscast IMO.

Yeah, I agree about the Luthor casting. Still enjoyed the movie though just because I liked its darker tone. I'll take that stuff over Marvel's "hehe we're gonna save the world again" crap any day!

Back