Good films?

Self/Less was a pretty good film. Nothing groundbreaking but it passed a couple of hours and was entertaining enough.

I enjoyed Pixels as well. Watched it with my Nephew who liked it but had NO IDEA who the characters were from old games. I think I need to did out the Atari2600 and educate him.

Ant-Man I really enjoyed. I'm not a fan of Marvel or Super-hero films in general but it was quite funny in places and a good fun film to watch.

:thumbs up:

Yusssss

I'm actually kinda nervous for this movie because Eisenberg playing Lex Luther is whack, but it looks cool. I love the darker grittier feel of DC Comics movies over the sun-shiney Marvel crap where no one ever dies.

Yusssss

I'm actually kinda nervous for this movie because Eisenberg playing Lex Luther is whack, but it looks cool. I love the darker grittier feel of DC Comics movies over the sun-shiney Marvel crap where no one ever dies.

I love the idea and look...but I cant get behind Affleck or Eisenburg...not that I have anything against them as actors, enjoy a lot of their roles, but not these...

I wasn't interesred in Batman vs Superman until I saw the trailer today. It actually looks pretty good but then, trailers can be deceptive.

I'm looking forward to Star Wars. Also got tickets. :D

I love the idea and look...but I cant get behind Affleck or Eisenburg...not that I have anything against them as actors, enjoy a lot of their roles, but not these...

Yeah, idk how I feel about Affleck as Batman. Honestly first time I saw this trailer and the guy said to Superman: "Oh, you must be new, that's Bruce Wayne," I was fully expecting Christian Bale to step out of that car lol, just because he IS Batman to me. I think Affy will do a pretty good job, but in the end his Batman will still be surpassed by Bale's portrayal.

Also did anyone else catch the audio mistake they left in the trailer? :D

Yeah, same here. Evidently Affy's Batman has been Batman for like 20 years, so he's grown more old, tired, and cruel. Affy himself said he doesn't really want to compete against previous portrayals, so this sounds like it could be a cool even-darker version of Batman that hasn't been on screen before. Still not a fan of the glowing Batman eyes though :(

Oh and I've already had my Star Wars ticket now for like a month :D Super hyped for that too.

I saw a trailer the other day, I have to say, it really looks like Disney put its stamp all over it. I wouldn't be surprised to see cameos from Mickey, Aladdin, Anna from frozen.

Such high hopes. I think it is going to be a Jar Jar Binks moment. I hope not, but I will wait until I start hearing from the fans before I reserve my seat.

What makes you say that? I think it feels pretty Star Wars-ish to me!

The first trailer I saw, it looked really good. Then I saw one maybe a week ago, it showed the Falcon flying through battle debris on a surface planet and looked really bad. Then they were showing everyone getting ready for a battle that made me think of the Ewoks stuff. I started getting a different vibe from the movie once I had seen this preview. I was hoping more for a Empire Strikes Back type movie. If I start hearing good things, I will go see it.

I think it's going to be quite a dark movie in the way of Revenge Of The Sith. The trailers have been intriguing.

:thumbs up:

Just watched a film called Nothing from 2003 - Nothing (2003) - IMDb

From the director of Cube. How this film escaped me for 12 years I don't know but it was weird and wonderful. For anyone that likes Indie films and something a little out of the norm, I'd recommend it.

"Exodus - Gods & Kings"...I thought this was a great movie, but I didn't expect anything less from Ridley Scott...Plus, about anything Christian Bale plays in is usually good too...

"Exodus - Gods & Kings"...I thought this was a great movie, but I didn't expect anything less from Ridley Scott...Plus, about anything Christian Bale plays in is usually good too...

I liked it for its old school "epicness" just not so keen on biblical stuff

not long after I saw it I watch a documentary on how the plagues and parting of the waves etc could have happened, strictly from a scientific point of view, was interesting.

I liked it for its old school "epicness" just not so keen on biblical stuff

not long after I saw it I watch a documentary on how the plagues and parting of the waves etc could have happened, strictly from a scientific point of view, was interesting.
Seen a few along them lines. Please tell me it wasn't that one with the idiots and a swamp boat going "Lookie there! We just blew 4" of water back...!"

That shit ..I seriously wonder how they put that on the air.

I saw a trailer the other day, I have to say, it really looks like Disney put its stamp all over it. I wouldn't be surprised to see cameos from Mickey, Aladdin, Anna from frozen.

Such high hopes. I think it is going to be a Jar Jar Binks moment. I hope not, but I will wait until I start hearing from the fans before I reserve my seat.

If he's messed it up, JJ Abrams will be re-titled Jar Jar Abrams...

Back