Good films?

The Lunchbox

The lunchbox. Indian film, made in Mumbai. Old-fashioned system of lunch delivery goes wrong and two complete strangers meet thereby. Completely satisfying twist on the oldest story in India. Subtitles. Worth the price of admission.

Django Unchained. Forget it. It just doesn't work.

Never been a big Tarantino fan. I always say, make the characters believable then the rest of the story can be as unbelievable as you want and the audience will buy it. He always fails on his characters. The closest he came was Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs.

Since many of you are family folk I recommend a new Australian flick - Paper Planes for family viewing. I saw it on Friday as our school's "PICNIC DAY excursion - went to an indie cinema, The Gala, in Warrawong and watched it with 110 8 - 12 years olds and they loved it - all the staff did too.

I watched an Australian film last night...Babadook...classic horror stuff, well acted, great build up, one of the best Ive seen recently

I've only watched three episodes, but Netflix's Marco Polo is turning out to be pretty good.

Gone girl...shite, all became too obvious with a shit ending

Fury...shite, all became too obvious with a shit ending

American sniper...couple of filmaking liberties taken but solid film

Unbroken...excellent, not keen on the lead actor but he did a great job...i kept thinking "nae luck" as his life spiralled into the toilet

I watched "this is where i leave you" over the holidays and it was hilarious. I like that vein of darker romantic comedy if a guy has to sit though a romantic comedy. Additionally you can't go wrong with Tina Fey and Jason Bateman.

Speaking of Jason Bateman, "Bad Words" Great for a laugh watched it again on the weekend.

Gone girl...shite, all became too obvious with a shit ending

Fury...shite, all became too obvious with a shit ending

American sniper...couple of filmaking liberties taken but solid film

Unbroken...excellent, not keen on the lead actor but he did a great job...i kept thinking "nae luck" as his life spiralled into the toilet

Yeah, I thought Fury would have been a lot better if the ending had just been more realistic. Kinda ruined it for me a bit.

Didn't watch Gone Girl because it looked like crap from the trailers lol :D And I haven't caught Unbroken yet, but it looks really good.

BBC is filming Bernard Cornwell's Saxon Series as a mini series. I am looking forward to that. The books are a lot of fun. Takes place around 900 BC. It's about this dude named Uhtred who is a pagan warrior who fights in all sorts of battles that helped King Alfred the great form the nucleus of what would become England.

The battles and King Alfred's struggles are based on real events. Uhtred is a fictional character.

Last edited:
Bradley Cooper played the part of a gung ho texan pretty well...I dont know why the filmakers felt the need to embelish the story (no spoilers) as its already a movie worth story

Yeah, I thought Fury would have been a lot better if the ending had just been more realistic. Kinda ruined it for me a bit.

Didn't watch Gone Girl because it looked like crap from the trailers lol :D And I haven't caught Unbroken yet, but it looks really good.

Yeah Fury had the look and feel of an excellent war film...but by the time it was just them I knew it was going to be crap

BBC is filming Bernard Cornwell's Saxon Series as a mini series. I am looking forward to that. The books are a lot of fun. Takes place around 900 BC. It's about this dude named Uhtred who is a pagan warrior who fights in all sorts of battles that helped King Alfred the great form the nucleus of what would become England.

The battles and King Alfred's struggles are based on real events. Uhtred is a fictional character.

Channel 4 is showing hitchcocks 1946 film on the concentration camps...i dont think its been shown before due to how graphic it is...im going to try and watch it on kodi

Not sure if this the wrong place since it isn't a movie. Fox has a promising good show called Empire. First show has very positive signs of a good series.

A movie that looks promising is "Jupiter Ascending". Trailers look good anyway.

Damn, I was looking forward to Fury, although deep down I suspected it might be a bit cheesy.

Very much looking forward to American Sniper...good to hear it didn't disappoint.

I feel like I've seen a ton of movies lately, but I guess none that stood out, as I can't think of one to save my life at the moment.

Not sure if this the wrong place since it isn't a movie. Fox has a promising good show called Empire. First show has very positive signs of a good series.

A movie that looks promising is "Jupiter Ascending". Trailers look good anyway.

Jupiter ascending was supposed to be out last year, but got pushed back. It looks amazing from the trailers, but that is not always a good indicator.

Back