Good films?

Man I am looking forward to Fury coming out next weekend. Looks pretty epic. Not quite Saving Private Ryan epic, but still awesome.

**1000th post lolololol**

Maybe already covered, but A Most Wanted Man is very, very good. Philip Seymour Hoffman in his last role. Damn, we lost some very very good movies when he died.

Last edited:
I went to see Annabelle a week or two ago and it delivered the scares i want from a movie that so many just fail to deliver. I would say go see that!!

Also i rewatched Taxi Driver for the 5th time. What a great watch.

My wife and i are gearing up to watch Lawless here in about half an hour. The story about the prohibition moonshining brothers!! One of my top 5 all time favorite movies.

I went to see Annabelle a week or two ago and it delivered the scares i want from a movie that so many just fail to deliver. I would say go see that!!

Also i rewatched Taxi Driver for the 5th time. What a great watch.

My wife and i are gearing up to watch Lawless here in about half an hour. The story about the prohibition moonshining brothers!! One of my top 5 all time favorite movies.

Cool! I watched Annabelle the other week too. Thought it was pretty good but the ending was kinda mehh in my opinion. Taxi Driver is pretty epic...love that movie.

I haven't seen Lawless, but the area it's based on (Franklin County, VA) is super close to where I live. Grandparents have told me some awesome stories from when they were young about moonshiners...things were crazy. Seems like everyone was either a snitch or a moonshiner lol

Cool! I watched Annabelle the other week too. Thought it was pretty good but the ending was kinda mehh in my opinion. Taxi Driver is pretty epic...love that movie.

I haven't seen Lawless, but the area it's based on (Franklin County, VA) is super close to where I live. Grandparents have told me some awesome stories from when they were young about moonshiners...things were crazy. Seems like everyone was either a snitch or a moonshiner lol

That is cool man! I would definitely come visit that area for sure if the wife would be into it. I loved that whole era in time. I also really enjoyed Gangster Squad. It was deifnitely an old gangster type style move polished and updated but i liked how there were little tid bits in there that were true to the era! That jailbreak scene was priceless. I won't ruin it for you if you haven't seen it.

The 100 Year Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared

Swedish. Subtitles. Really, really funny and good. Will appeal to many American audiences.

It might be entertaining, but the trailers make it look like it's based on a completely bullshit premise. I'm not talking about impossibility. I'm talking about misguided values.

"Burton and Taylor" played by Elizabeth Bonham Carter and Dominic West. Really really good. Don't expect droids or Sith lords. It's just a great movie.

I enjoyed the latest Ape film..Im enjoying this franchise, but again the CCG apes out acted the humans

lately Ive been upgrading some of my all time faves to blu ray and watching them again

Mad Max
Mad Max II
Quadrophenia
The Warriors
The Wanderers
Rumblefish
The Outsiders

Dunno if its worth upgrading but I did it anyway...bought all the sean connery bond films and theyve been restored brilliantly...watched em all again, fuck he was cool..Also got a cheap dvd player and hacked it for region 2...so watched La Haine and Man Bites Dog, too.

lately Ive been upgrading some of my all time faves to blu ray and watching them again

Mad Max
Mad Max II
Quadrophenia
The Warriors
The Wanderers
Rumblefish
The Outsiders

Warriors is so cool. It's one of those movies that creates its own world that's completely engaging. "Oh warriors...come out and playeeeeee!"

Warriors is so cool. It's one of those movies that creates its own world that's completely engaging. "Oh warriors...come out and playeeeeee!"

one of the first things I did when I lived in NYC was to get the train out to coney to see the wonder wheel...wouldve loved a world where gangs dressed up as baseball players or wore roller skates lol

Appaloosa. It's a duster about a town called Appaloosa. Intelligent western. Check how he works through finding out his sweetie's been frolicking in the stream with another guy. The guns sound like real guns, the town is windy like a real town, the train's a real train.

Back