Good films?

i see the Coens have done a remake of True Grit...watched the trailer last night..I like a westerns but dunno about a remake of that one..theres one called Appaloosa with Ed Harris and Jeromy Irons that slipped under the radar thats pretty good...

Has anyone seen Watchmen? I've heard that it's a masterpiece.

its a scene by scene film of the graphic novel (other than some decent changes to the ending) and for that its excellent...but somehow it lacks soul...and I dont think the soundtrack adds anything to it..Ive watched it a few times as I loved the book so much but its always left me feeling the same

The two add on films flesh it out a bit more, under the hood and tales of the black freighter....a technical masterpiece if nothing else

its a scene by scene film of the graphic novel (other than some decent changes to the ending) and for that its excellent...but somehow it lacks soul...and I dont think the soundtrack adds anything to it..Ive watched it a few times as I loved the book so much but its always left me feeling the same

The two add on films flesh it out a bit more, under the hood and tales of the black freighter....a technical masterpiece if nothing else

I agree with all of this. I'm trying to find an R2 copy of the extended version of the movie where they spliced black freighter in and added some more scenes, but it didn't come out in this country.

There's another movie very similar to Watchmen but I can't remember it's name and it's not Sin City. Ugh it was something Opera...

saw Mongol last night, it was excellent. Not one for those who dont like subtitles...for some reason they always make a film better to me...i suppose not hearing Genghis Khan with an American accent helps the believability :)

I think that's on Netflix i'll have to check it out. I've been really getting into the series "Dexter" lately- pretty good.

yeah ive heard that...need to give it a view after i finish with all the red dwarf series again :rolleyes: :)

IMHO Heartbreak Ridge has it all over Full Metal Jacket.

Red Dwarf did seem to run out of steam at some point. I do have a Mr. Flibble puppet, he may have to reside in the studio along with Cthulhu.

I'm never finished with Red Dwarf. :p

yanno its never been lol for me, I just enjoy watching it..Cat and Crighton are excellent but its Rimmer ftw..Craig Charles can eat donkey d*ck

IMHO Heartbreak Ridge has it all over Full Metal Jacket.

Red Dwarf did seem to run out of steam at some point. I do have a Mr. Flibble puppet, he may have to reside in the studio along with Cthulhu.

Never liked either of those war/military films, especially one with mario van peebles in it..

I thought Hamburger Hill was all right, and Casualties of War as well..for that Vietnam type thang

but when it comes to modern day war films I dont get past Shaving Ryans Privates or Black Hawk Down...both perfect war movies in different ways imho..

Back