Good films?

I recently wqatched "The Eagle". It was a pretty good historical piece.
Regarding Liv Tyler, sometimes people are outclassed by the characters they play. Liv Tyler? No big deal. Arwen Evenstar? Hot babe. I'd never give Kirstie Alley a second look, but Lt. Saavik was hot. Or is it that I'm just turned on by women with pointed ears?-Richie

i saved myself to watch the girl with the dragon tattoo trilogy in one go...before the trout pout remake shite....they were brilliant, great european cinema. the more swedish films I see the more I like

Went to the theater to see the new Sherlock Holmes movie.

I thought it was pretty good......a little slow at 1st, but it picks up. and the camera work is excellent as is the production. The plot is interesting and the acting is very good.

There were explosions, people died, the only thing missing was some (.)(.) and a les paul.

just watched Drive (too cool for school) and Real Steel (fun kiddies stuff) on the flight....good stuff :)

Yeah, I was surprised at Real Steel. Thought it would be terrible, but I actually liked it. Haven't seen Drive yet but heard it's really good (and intense)!

city of life and death

chuan Lu's vision of the rape of Nanking......plays it pretty fairly by showing a japanese perspective as well...not that they deserve a voice in this film

also worth watching the story of the German/Nazi businessman who helped save 250k chinese, John Rabe...has Steve Buscemi in it which is always an added bonus....there's a '95 film as well which is pretty harrowing but far more like a chinese propaganda film

I hate the bullshit line "war is hell" when explaining the deaths of civilians as "collateral", Nankings massacre shows man at his most basic evil...this is what happens when we convince ourselves that other peoples arent our equals

Yeah, I was surprised at Real Steel. Thought it would be terrible, but I actually liked it. Haven't seen Drive yet but heard it's really good (and intense)!

its trys a little too hard to be cool...but I love the opening scenes, zero dialogue but sets up the film brilliantly

Real Steel was a great kids movie, kinda snuck under the radar

Went and saw "The Grey" tonight....it was pretty good, but not as good as I was expecting it to be. I guess even Liam Neeson can't make all of his movies epic wins.

i saved myself to watch the girl with the dragon tattoo trilogy in one go...before the trout pout remake shite....they were brilliant, great european cinema. the more swedish films I see the more I like

Not cinema I know (and Danish rather than Swedish) but have you watched either series of The Killing KC? Pretty damn good stuff, just coming to the end of series 2 now.

I like the slow pace and layered storyline - even the American remake in Seattle was good apart from the ridiculous ending.

Other than that I've done a lot of flying recently, so seen a lot of films:

Moneyball - good solid film, even if (like me) you know nowt about baseball

Captain America - too damn long, but entertaining in parts. Main reason I watched it was because we saw all the 50s New York scenes being filmed in Manchester a while back.

Trolljegeren - low budget Norwegian film about a trollhunter all filmed on handheld cameras. Well worth a watch.

Drive - had been looking forward to seeing this for ages, but couldn't hear any of the dialogue over the sound of the engine and reluctantly gave up.

For wierd, cheesy fun:
Real Genius
Buckaroo Banzai
Big Trouble In Little China

+1 for:
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Let Me In
Unstoppable
Iron Man

Other suggestions:
There Will Be Blood
True Grit (Coen version)