Good films?

I'm just about to watch "The Girl With the Dragon tattoo" on DVDVDVD (hiya, Buck).

I'll review it later. :D

I went and saw the new THING prequel movie last week - was pretty good but the original was better.

After I got home I watched the original - they did a REALLY good prequel! I hadn't seen it in a while and it was pretty seamless. The new one just wasn't a good a movie, the effects were good but not nearly as creative. And Kurt Russel was awesome in that movie, so was everyone else in the cast.

I would probably say wait for DVD or Netflix - but you have to watch the 80's one right after.... the original movie starts at the ending scene of the prequel - that part was very cool...

a thing prequal sounds interesting...i love Carpenters version, a true classic

well i just finished a 13 hour flight and boy was I subjected to shite

green lantern
zookeeper
bad teacher
jonah hex

holy shit how much $$$ was spent on that crap...the informant was OK, but seen it all before, and better, with the insider

"A beautiful mind" ... Unbelievable Russell Crowe movie. True story about a genius paranoid schizophrenic. Amazing

watched Hanna, was much better than i thought it would be (the trailers shit) a good cast helped...

also John Woo's epic "Red Cliff"....shit this movie is huge, if you do decide to go through it (and it is awesome) then watch the original two part version (300 mins) theres a cut down international version for dummies thats half the length but trust me, I haven't seen an Asian epic like this since Kurosawa's "Ran"..definitely Woo's best to date, kung fu, massive armies, great heroes and baddies, its got the lot....10/10

watched Hanna, was much better than i thought it would be (the trailers shit) a good cast helped...

also John Woo's epic "Red Cliff"....shit this movie is huge, if you do decide to go through it (and it is awesome) then watch the original two part version (300 mins) theres a cut down international version for dummies thats half the length but trust me, I haven't seen an Asian epic like this since Kurosawa's "Ran"..definitely Woo's best to date, kung fu, massive armies, great heroes and baddies, its got the lot....10/10

Wait a second... Didn't John Woo do movies like Broken Arrow and Face Off?? Those were horrible and Red Cliff is supposed to be good???

Wait a second... Didn't John Woo do movies like Broken Arrow and Face Off?? Those were horrible and Red Cliff is supposed to be good???

exactly....its a straight up 3rd century, true story, chinese legend type, epic...I think its $80 million budget is the highest for an asian movie and it shows in the production standards

exactly....its a straight up 3rd century, true story, chinese legend type, epic...I think its $80 million budget is the highest for an asian movie and it shows in the production standards

Well cool. I'll watch it tonight. It's on Netflix Streaming, but the 148 minute version.

ive heard mixed reports about the short version, but im sure the battles will still be as impressive

Paranormal Inactivity 2, whit a load o shite, gonna see if Tesco will gie me ma fiver back. :)

Back