Good films?

one word "Schwimmer", I mean Ill watch it if you are recommending it but anything with one of the friends cast in it is usually relegated to the wifes viewing :)

I totally understand where you're coming from, and I was apprehensive too, but trust me, it's all cool. Very fucked up, very dark, funny film. Not some slushy schwimmer crap like you'd expect. Schwimmer of course plays the nice guy who gets pulled into this whole fucked up murder and blackmail plot gone wrong, but he's good in it....gets slightly more insane towards the end, and he's a good contrast against Simon Pegg's amoral maniac conman. It's one of those films that I still enjoy even though I've seen it a gazillion times. Great performances, and plot twist after plot twist right to the end make it a really enjoyable movie.

I thought Schwimmer was pretty good in Band of Brothers too. Which incidentally where he and Simon Pegg met and decided to work together on Big Nothing.

I really dont fancy that at all...maybe on the TV but def not a moving picture theatre ;)

Yeah that's not a movie I'd waste money on seeing at the pictures for any kind of 'cinematic experience'.

In fact I'd go as far as to say that it doesn't interest me in the slightest. Did they make 'Micro$oft - The Movie'? No, they didn't. And there's a reason for that. It would suck.

I totally understand where you're coming from, and I was apprehensive too, but trust me, it's all cool. Very fucked up, very dark, funny film. Not some slushy schwimmer crap like you'd expect. Schwimmer of course plays the nice guy who gets pulled into this whole fucked up murder and blackmail plot gone wrong, but he's good in it....gets slightly more insane towards the end, and he's a good contrast against Simon Pegg's amoral maniac conman. It's one of those films that I still enjoy even though I've seen it a gazillion times. Great performances, and plot twist after plot twist right to the end make it a really enjoyable movie.

I thought Schwimmer was pretty good in Band of Brothers too. Which incidentally where he and Simon Pegg met and decided to work together on Big Nothing.

yeah he played the part well(ish) in BofB...still thought he was not the best choice

he directed Pegg in Run fatboy Run...though that was pretty average..

Ill watch it tonight though....got to be better than the Korean trilogy im going through..oddboy, sympathy for mr vengeance, and lady vengeance..

I must be one of the few folks on the planet that has watched oddboy twice :eek:

watched an Ozzie film called the horseman (not to be confused with the shite serial killah flick), relentless ott violence, but pretty good otherwise :)

Do yo mean Oldboy? I'm sure I've seen that a couple of times. In fact it's right behind my head on the shelf. Have you seen Audition or Ichi the Killer?

yup oldboy..oops, Freudian :)

liked Ichi, didnt like audition so much....maybe just not in the mood that night...

we watch a lot of Korean stuff, its just a bit quirkier than the Japanese films

watched one about a guy trying to kill a neighbours dog recently..pretty amusing stuff

sounds interesting, Ill look out for it...me likey documentaries :)

though i have to admit my favourite doc is Dogtown and the Z boys...hardly challenging ;)

As documentaries go, I thought the BBC's 'Surviving Disaster- Chernobyl Nuclear Disaster' was really good.

Documentaries for PBS here in the states by Ken Burns (his shop is about 1/2 an hour from mine) are always previewed in local theaters (not movie houses) for they are on DVD and are played as so on a large screen.
He always rents large PA set ups from me to showcase these to select groups of about 1500 uppity ups per venue. ~ ~ ~ It's a living.

:cool:

Ken Burns...he did that huge series on WWII didnt he?

that was excellent and a nice perspective as well showing the background as well as the campaigns...

yeah both those are great...I just watched Pans Labyrinth again the other week...

Saw Jackass 3D last night....man thats a lot of 3D shit (literally) in one film...I lol'd anyway :D

If you like the space program In the Shadow of the Moon is amazing.

I think you might like the film 'Moon'. A lot of people pan it, I thought it was great.

QB VII is a film that most people would avoid watching rather than watch.

Back