Good films?

I understand 9 was panned by the critics initially because they expected a kid's movie, being an animated production and all. It's not really a kits movie at all, even though I can understand the initial confusion. Have you seen the short that got Burton's attention initially? Its even better than the movie from my perspective. Apparently it was completely written on the kid's laptop and took him four years to complete. It shows.

ill have to look it out..I love animation im just not keen on Burtons gothic image of the world...Im a more primary colours kinda guy due to my sunny disposition :D

what ever happened to Technicolor? Man those were the days!
You could even tell what shade of nylons a woman wore in a film.

I understand 9 was panned by the critics initially because they expected a kid's movie, being an animated production and all. It's not really a kits movie at all, even though I can understand the initial confusion. Have you seen the short that got Burton's attention initially? Its even better than the movie from my perspective. Apparently it was completely written on the kid's laptop and took him four years to complete. It shows.

The original short is on the DVD. I've seen it, but I think I need to watch it again because I can't remember an awful lot about it.

if you get the chance there's a swedish vampire film called "Let the Right One In"...brilliant little movie

That was a great movie. Lots of human degradation, that writer is twisted - they only hinted at a lot of the really dark stuff going on.

Nightwatch (and Daywatch) were both awesome movies.

Just saw Megamind with the kids a few days ago...great cast. I fell asleep in the middle somewhere though.

Today we watch two horror films, both of which I enjoyed.

Dead Snow - A Norwegian zombie movie that is campy in the same vein as Dead Alive or Evil Dead. Not just zombies...Nazi zombies! A lot of fun if you like gags involving entrails.

The Thing - (the newer John Carpenter one) Loved this one as a kid. Watched it again today and it held up pretty well. Creepy setting and over-the-top effects.

seems to be some good taste in here. anyone see Inception? heard it was great

...and the only thing that kept me seated thru Black Swan was my unhealthy attraction to Mila Kunis

seems to be some good taste in here. anyone see Inception? heard it was great

...and the only thing that kept me seated thru Black Swan was my unhealthy attraction to Mila Kunis

Inception's excellent...starts of as a "seen it all before" effects movie then turns into James Bond halfway through...loved it

Back