Gonna stay away......

RFR

From politics.

Right now talking about that stuff is a bad idea. I dont have the time or patience to sit and debate people on a stupid smartphone. Its too much trouble to dig up links and type on a miniature keypad.

All that happens is I start to get pissed off and start despising people who I used to like.
Thats not good.

This particular election cycle has been one of the most passionate and divisive I've seen.

In addition, I've been through a very tragic sudden and premature death in the family, so it's like a fucking nuclear explosion has gone off.

I know that's no excuse for anything. But still, the anger from that, comes out in my postings.

Usually on forums I've always been pretty chill.

Not so much now. Lol. So its best I stay away.

There's a bunch of good peope here. I don't want to start hating some of you.

So im gonna take a break from this place, probably a long one. Need some time to heal.

Later.
:D

You gotta do what is right for you, man.

I'm sure i'm not gaining a lot of fans around here with some of my viewpoint(s). People express their viewpoints, I express mine. If anyone wants to hate me, that is something I can't control. The only one I can control is myself. Even though I disagree with some people here, and I truly believe some are part of the problem in this country in that they put this country and its people secondary to other interests or faulty rationale, i'm not going to lose my shit. My views and opinions are based on what I believe is best for me, my family, my community, my country. The way I see it, they are part of that. I can't wish the best for them while at the same time hate them. It is helpful that here, unlike the cave, the rules say don't make it personal. They have to hate me in silence. I have to admit, that gives me a slight boner.

We all have an opinion. Some of us choose to express our opinion, some do not. The correct opinion is probably closer to middle ground, though much much closer to my beliefs. Get it together, people.

Sorry to hear about the loss of a family member.

I don't blame you, but I hope you can stick around for the on-topics.

I'm getting really fed up with all the crap coming across my FB feed. I just want to see pics of my family and friends, I don't want all the political and religious BS everybody is spewing. :(

Do what's best for you, but I hate to see people bail. I understand, though. I've gotten so pissed on facebook that I've actually unfriended some people. The way I see it though, during this election cycle, if we're on opposite sides of the fence on this one, we probably don't share the same values anyway, so it's probably no big loss on either of our parts. Unfortunate really, because the we all need to hear opposing views on a variety of subjects. Civil discourse though, seems to have taken it's own hiatus.

Here's hoping you get things sorted out, and heal. I do think, however, that talking about things helps in that process. I hope you have someone you feel you can talk to. If not, we can be a pretty understanding lot as long as we're not talking politics (which I thought was supposed to be off limits anyway).

Sorry for your loss.

The emotional part of the brain hinders the rational part. If that is what news and policy and politics amount to - emotional events - then you are probably not doing your best thinking.

I don't blame you, but I hope you can stick around for the on-topics.

I'm getting really fed up with all the crap coming across my FB feed. I just want to see pics of my family and friends, I don't want all the political and religious BS everybody is spewing. :(

Stop following people who do it. Everyone gets burned and annoyed occasionally and has a rant, and that's fine, but if people consistently get political, I just turn them off for a while and every now and then turn them on and like a few harmless things, so they don't think you've disappeared...

OP - not that you're reading this, but hope I didn't have anything to do with your decision.:thumbs up:

You're cool with me and likewise I hope. We can pick up later. I enjoy your stories of "back in the day" and the rest...

Stop following people who do it. Everyone gets burned and annoyed occasionally and has a rant, and that's fine, but if people consistently get political, I just turn them off for a while and every now and then turn them on and like a few harmless things, so they don't think you've disappeared...

I did that yesterday. However, I don't want to unfollow a lot of people, I like to see what they're up to in their lives, without the politics. My wife showed me I can turn off the source of the articles most are sharing or replying to. That helped a lot this morning.

" Sure you gotta listen to the other guy's opinion.
How else you gonna show him were he's wrong!"
Archie Bunker

I've been through a very tragic sudden and premature death in the family, so it's like a fucking nuclear explosion has gone off.

Need some time to heal

:D

Sorry about your loss dude! Hang tough and come on back when things settle down and get somewhere back to "normal" ( what ever that is) we'll all still be here judging and defining our merry way around...

I did that yesterday. However, I don't want to unfollow a lot of people, I like to see what they're up to in their lives, without the politics. My wife showed me I can turn off the source of the articles most are sharing or replying to. That helped a lot this morning.

It's not just people I follow, there's a lot of 'sponsored' and 'suggested' content too.

Back