Getuhgrip Update - HR Long Time member and his family could use his HR friends right

Rest in peace, brother. Your family and your friends loved you; you knew it; you loved them as well and they knew it. In the end, that is the one thing that matters and you nailed it.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Treeline again.

Bullshit! I'm giving you some rep and props right now ...Thanks man for being so proactive in keeping us up to date on Rick throughout this whole mess. It really sucks that he was not able to come back among us but I'm grateful the suffering is over for both he and his family.

@TAE, thanks for the props.

I also want to thank all the people who added their music to the soundcloud "Getuhgrippe" group. I think he did have a chance to hear that music a few times and it must have brightened things up for him a little. There are so many things we can't do in a situation like this - Thanks for stepping up and contributing to something we could do. Check that group out - there's a hell of a lot of stuff on there!

Yo Glen....could not find the "Getuhgrippe" group on das soundcloud can you post a link?

I found myself at an immediate loss for words upon reading earlier today that Rick had passed.

Rick fought the good fight. Cheri should take solace in knowing that Rick did fight the good fight for her in spite of the ups and downs that they both endured this past year.

Rick was indeed a fortunate man to have had Cheri as his wife.

HR members who knew Rick on a personal level should always remember that we were indeed fortunate enough to have him as a member of the HR community and to have known him.

Gripdude loved his cheeseburgers and Mexican food! He posted awesome lunch time threads.

RIP Rick

Yo Glen....could not find the "Getuhgrippe" group on das soundcloud can you post a link?

Dammit! They disabled the groups and replaced them with a stream.

Here's the link - it opens to a stream where all the music in Rick's group is still intact, but none of the message is there.
https://soundcloud.com/groups/getting-a-grippe

At least the music stream is there, plus a lot of stuff from folks I follow that goes back a long time.

I never know what to say when these things happen.

Very saddened to hear this, despite never having met or spoken to Rick.

Damn.......You guys made sure he didn't get a chance to forget who/where his friends are!
He was lucky to have so many good ones.

Last edited:
I never know what to say when these things happen.

Very saddened to hear this, despite never having met or spoken to Rick.

Damn.......You guys made sure he didn't get a chance to forget who/where his friends are!
He was lucky to have so many good ones.

Honestly, I never really had that much interaction with him. I think the time I had the most was when Bubba Po complained about being kicked out of some model airplane forum and getuh (along with moresound) and I raided that place. It's funny. I never met the guy, but just doing that with him and moresound was probably some of the most fun I've ever had in my life.

Honestly, I never really had that much interaction with him. I think the time I had the most was when Bubba Po complained about being kicked out of some model airplane forum and getuh (along with moresound) and I raided that place. It's funny. I never met the guy, but just doing that with him and moresound was probably some of the most fun I've ever had in my life.

That's a bit like the old days here at Homerec. There was a similar board called VS-Planet. Once the whole board went down for an extended time - someone ran out of money or something - and about 10 of the members found us here. The invasion was almost instant and it started a friendly rivalry that went on for years.

Back