Game of Thrones

The Targaryens are known for their silver hair. Must be some strong genes with Lyanna Stark and Joanna Lannister to override that amount of platinum blonde inbreeding!

In the books the Targaryens have purple irises as well...pretty sick. They tried it initially for Dany on the show but thought it looked stupid lol.

That's right, and didn't Tyrion have different colored eyes? Like one black and one blue? Neither was purple though. It's a shaky theory at best, but at this point in the story, I'm still rooting for Tyrion as a latent dragon rider.

when does the next book come out? Its been "any time now" for about 5 fucking years!

Kind of a weird season. Some of it was quite predictable, some not, some was a bit drawn out, other bits felt rushed. Lots of great moments.

"shame, shame, shame." :eatpopcorn:

Yeah. It's called 'Bored of the Rings.'

Martin seems to have writer's block. He did an interview with Stephen King, and he asked King what he does when he gets blocked. King, surprisingly, said it never happens. So, who knows when 'The Winds of Winter' will arrive.

I'll have to watch the season again. Best damn thing on the telly these days. One thing I find amusing is the cottage industry that has arisen around it. The 'all-knowing pundits' and their little YT videos of their speculations--that turn out to be wrong the very next week.

Idk if it is writers block or not, because GRRM seems to crank out a book every 5 years, and the last one was in 2011 so he isn't quite off pace yet.

As for all the fan theories on YouTube and such, most are dumb but every now and then there is a really interesting one that gets it exactly right. The R+L=J theory was being talked about crazy early.

I saw an interesting one that paralleled most of the 7 Starks to a corrupted form of "The Seven." It was extremely interesting!

I.e. Ned = The Father, just and honest, but ultimately executed as traitor.

Catelyn = The Mother. Loving and kind, ultimately rendered powerless as all her children are torn away from her.

Sansa = The Maiden, pure and chaste. Becomes a cold calculating player in the Game who sees the world as it truly is.

Arya = the Stranger aka Death. Goes to become an assassin and has a hit list. Ends up abandoning her training.

Rob = The Warrior. Mighty and brave, wins many battles and a strong leader. Betrayed and murdered at a feast, unarmed and helpless.

I'm a nerd :D

The only ones that haven't quite been resolved yet were Bran and Rickon, who would have to be either The Builder or The Crone (like a sage, so that's prob who Bran parallels).

image.jpeg

Ok, let's theorize that you looked something like this. And you've spent a good part of your adult life holed up in some attic writing nonsensical dribble about dwarves, zombies, dragons, and medieval quests for power.

Then let's suppose your writings get made into the most popular tv seties on the planet. And suddenly you're famous, and rich, and can get chicks galore.

Exactky how much writing would you be doing?? :D

Back