Game of Thrones

mjbphotos

Anyone else watch this series on HBO? We don't have HBO, so watch the series a year late from Netflix. Lots of blood and guts without being just plain gross like Walking Dead. Lots of nudity, sex, and hot redheads.
Annoying that there was only 10 new episodes last season (4).
Anyone reading the books?

Watched it from the beginning, up there as one of my fave TV shows ever. Some episodes are like mini movies.

I read the books first. The TV show is great, but the books are better.

^^^This is an understatement. If you just watch the show you get about 10-20% of the story. All sorts of awesome characters/events/inner thoughts of charaters are left out.

I read the books twice and I am in favor of passing a constitutional amendment stating that the bill of rights doesn't apply to George Martin and he is now obligated by law to do nothing for the rest of his life except sit in a room and finish the fucking series.

Haha yeah each season only has 10 episodes...that's just how it goes. I rewatched season 4 episode 9 last night, the one where the wildlings attack the wall! So good. I've recently picked up the audiobooks since I don't have much time to read and I'm listening to those in the car. Love the books even better than the show!

I watched the first 3 seasons and then read the books.

I think that the series will definitely do the 4th book a lot better than the book did. That book was a snooooooooooooooozefest.

I havent read a book in ages, dont have time anymore...and if I do its not about swords and goblins. My last book was Anthony Beevors "The battle for Spain" about 7 years ago...totly interesting...

Word is the series will pass the books and diverge (it pretty much has to) next season - 2016. There are two more books to wrap the Song up according to Martin but when they will come out he ain't saying. It has been the same story since the first book was published.

More like....LAME of Thrones!

Billy-Madison.jpg

GoT is literally the best show on tv, imo. Of course it's kinda sad how low the "best show on tv" bar is set nowadays anyways, but it really is a good show. Beats the hell out of all of the other big stuff, like Walking Dead, NCIS, and all that other stuff that's highly rated now. GoT can spoil you pretty bad though. It's kinda like eating the best burger you've ever had, then other shows come along and try to give you a McDouble.

GoT is literally the best show on tv, imo. Of course it's kinda sad how low the "best show on tv" bar is set nowadays anyways, but it really is a good show. Beats the hell out of all of the other big stuff, like Walking Dead, NCIS, and all that other stuff that's highly rated now. GoT can spoil you pretty bad though. It's kinda like eating the best burger you've ever had, then other shows come along and try to give you a McDouble.

You are clearly mistaken, and possibly retarded.
Brooklyn 99 is the best show on television.

Game of Thrones was top 3, but then Fargo and True Detective came along and fucked everyone over. Brooklyn 99 is good, but not the best. Love The Americans too.

Game of Thrones was top 3, but then Fargo and True Detective came along and fucked everyone over. Brooklyn 99 is good, but not the best. Love The Americans too.

Fargo - one season, kills off most of the major characters, then disappears. Thought it was coming back this year ...

Fargo - one season, kills off most of the major characters, then disappears. Thought it was coming back this year ...

Fargo, like True Detective and American Horror Story, are anthologies. Essentially a new plot and new cast with each new season.

Fargo is coming back, but the cast will be quite different this year.

True Detective will have Colin Farrell and Taylor Kitsch in the lead roles.

Fargo reportedly will have Ted Danson, Jean Smart, Nick Offerman, Kirsten Dunst, and Brad Garrett in the lineup for season 2.

Whether any of them will live up to season 1 remains to be seen.

Back