In a funk

notCardio

I walk the line
and not the good kind.

I know I'll be accused of being a whiny little bitch (well, I'm not little), but I don't really give a rat's ass.

I won't bore you with the details, but I need someone to say something positive, inspiring, or at least make me laugh. I'm finding it hard to find a reason to get out of bed in the morning. I just keep hearing 'Bittersweet Symphony' in my head over and over. (and now you do too, you're welcome)

And I know this is the wrong place to look for support, but hey, you use the tools at your disposal.

OK team, you're up.

The sun'll come up, tomorrow, it's a brand new day...tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow, you're always a day away.

That all I got.

Oh wait...

Guy goes into a bar, orders a drink...and a hooker walks up to him and whispers...
""For $200 I'll do anything you want."
He thinks on it for a minute...reaches into his pocked and puts $200 on the bar.
He looks at her and says,
"Paint my house".

Here...try this song instead of "Bittersweet Symphony".

Seriously though...any time you think you got it bad...there's probably a few million people in the world who are really, really suffering...not just once in awhile, but all their lives...so get over yourself and move forward.

miro, you sound like my wife.

Unfortunately, one thing that doesn't work for me is knowing that someone else has it worse. That just bums me out for them, and then I start thinking about how there's no hope for solving man's inhumanity and stupidity and greed, etc.

But thanks for playing.

You ever had the fucking gout? Me neither. I've heard it sucks.

Yay us.

Now get on with it.

Last edited:
Just stop sucking so much.

[I'm NOT an inspirational speaker, sorry! :rolleyes: ]

Talking shit out often helps. If it's chemical, then see a doctor/professional.

I find spending time in Nature helps if I'm feeling glum. This time of the year is challenging to find beauty in gray but it's there if you're open to it.

Unfortunately, one thing that doesn't work for me is knowing that someone else has it worse.

Oh...so then you're drowning in self-pity... :D

Well then...you need to provide more info...WTF is bothering you...etc.
Just saying "I'm in a funk, cheer me up" isn't going to get you anywhere.

I've got at least 4-5 things I *can* be in a funk over, every day, if I allow myself to slip into one...I just choose not to be.
Maybe thinking about others worse off doesn't help...but then...think about how much worse off you can be.

A Rabbi, Buddhist and Catholic priest walk into a bar...

Oh...never mind. :p

Booze usually works for me.

Of course, you wake in the morning feeling even worse AND you are out the cost of the bottle.

Yeah... maybe forget that. :confused:

You ever had the fucking gout? Me neither. I've heard it sucks.

Yay us.

Now get on with it.

Why, yes. Yes I have. And it does.

I wish you hadn't deleted the video. It didn't work, at least not yet, but man they did an excellent job, especially George's guitar part.

---------- Update ----------

Booze usually works for me.

Of course, you wake in the morning feeling even worse AND you are out the cost of the bottle.

Yeah... maybe forget that. :confused:

Yeah, it's times like this that I wish I still smoked.

How do you make a dead baby float?

2 scoops of ice cream
2 scoops.of dead baby
If that don't cheer you up nothing will. lol.

But seriously, go for a good long hike in the forest/woods. Make yourself so tired you sleep for about 9 straight hours. Do it again as soon as you can. Keep doing it. You need physical exercise and wilderness.

Reactions: TAE
Seriously though...any time you think you got it bad...there's probably a few million people in the world who are really, really suffering...not just once in awhile, but all their lives...so get over yourself and move forward.

Wow. Probably the most insensitive, selfish thing I've heard yet. Let me rip off one of your arms, and then when you cry like a baby, I'll say "knock it off, don't you know it'd hurt worse if I ripped them both off?" Don't invalidate the feelings of another person. You aren't them.

Wow. Probably the most insensitive, selfish thing I've heard yet. Let me rip off one of your arms, and then when you cry like a baby, I'll say "knock it off, don't you know it'd hurt worse if I ripped them both off?" Don't invalidate the feelings of another person. You aren't them.

From a professional's point of view what you posted is probably 100% correct. As I suggested in my reply, if this member truly needs that level care then that's the type of individuals they should seek out. This is a forum of trolls, musicians, and otherwise normal folk. Seeking (random) emotional or psychological help from unqualified people on the internet is a case of "you get what you pay for".

So while I don't like Miroslav's somewhat insensitive and/or straight forward manner, it needs to be taken in context of what is being discussed. It wasn't out of bounds, it just stinks of the kind of person they are. There's no need to respond in kind (don't sink to their level). Besides, Miro has feelings too. Even if they're completely detached from them when typing. :guitar:

How dare you invalidate Miro's feelings that way

This thread is stressing me out, but not as much as that other thread. So,....

If I go missing somebody ought to first contact the forest service, or that guy who isn't George Harrison.

Back