Fruitcake

Mick Doobie

Resist We Much
Yes, fruitcake.

Leading towards and into the Christmas holiday there is such a bounty of food to eat, there's no room for fruitcake. Now that Christmas has come and gone stores are reducing the price to clear the shelf of those blocks of fruit cake. Personally, it's become almost a tradition every year that now is the time for fruitcake. I don't know the nutritional value of fruitcake, but it seems to me it would be the near perfect survival food. Dense, packed full of nuts and fruit, compact and easy to transport, if you're out (driving) in questionable weather, make sure you have on hand warm clothing and fruitcake, for survival sake.

How 'bout it, cupcake? Fruitcake, can you hang?

Related: "Christmas Nuts", Diamond brand in-shell mixed nuts have become expensive. I used to load up on them and have them in bowls throughout the living area for casual consumption. But at the current 5 bucks a bag/pound, no can do. Hell half the weight is probably shell. But if you're a nut-nut like me, now is the time to watch for a reduction in price, probably around $1.99 a pound. Oh yeah. Football and mixed nuts, tis the season, life is good.

Any thoughts on the creative use of baked goods as doorstops, head wear, acoustic absorption, weapons of mass destruction?

I happened to be in the store earlier to purchase oatmeal and I noticed they were all gone, them fruitcakes. I got 2 blocks yesterday, but was considering possibly picking up a couple more for the freezer, just in case of an emergency. You never know, yeah? Approximately 25 yesterday, now they're all gone. Hm, I wonder who bought all them fruitcakes, and if the authorities should be made aware, just in case.

All that conspiracy crap is nothing more than just, just, a conspiracy! (yosemite sam vocalization) :mad:

swung by the store on the way back from taking the wife to Bed Bath and other assorted Crap,....mixed nuts reduced to $2.50. That's half off, so far. Yes sir yes sir 3 bags full. :thumbs up:

Back