Frank Zappa Why is he so great?

Isn't that something you do in the shower?

:laughings:

I was in a band a few years ago and I wrote a song called "Greatest Hits" basically about the music industry and the resistance to new music, inspired by Frank Zappa's lyrics, when we released the album I wanted the album to be called "Greatest Hits", the band said NO! :facepalm:

Alan.

I saw him in Montreal, probably about 1978 or 1979. I was just a little punk, but I remember Bozzio was set up on the right hand side, turned sideways, facing the middle of the stage. As a young drummer, I thought it was so awesome to see a drummer's bass drum foot as he played. Zappa was sick that night, though, and sat down pretty much the whole show.

I'm not trolling, promise.

Every time a thread goes over 200 posts, Frank Zappa seems to find his way into it. Maybe we need a Zappa thread.

You tell me, what is so great about Frank Zappa?

I feel the same way about Santana. Whenever I read interviews with him, I want to like his playing because he seems like a really nice person. But then I listen to him and always think ..."Ok, what's with all the fuss?"

It's just different strokes for different folks I guess.

I feel the same way about Santana. Whenever I read interviews with him, I want to like his playing because he seems like a really nice person. But then I listen to him and always think ..."Ok, what's with all the fuss?"

It's just different strokes for different folks I guess.

Santana and Frank are 2 completely different beasts, Santana has a nice guitar style and appeals to a lot of people, Frank has awesome music ability and appeals to only those that understand it (and he did not care if you didn't).

By the way I still reckon the best Santana album ever was Abraxas, saw them perform this Album live in the early 1970's.

Alan.

Last edited:
By the way I still reckon the best Santana album ever was Abraxas, saw them perform this Album live in the early 1970's.
I agree. "Hope You're Feeling better" is a great tune and probably his "heaviest", by Santana standards.

I was him live at the Montreal Forum probably 1977 or 1978. His bass player passed out while standing on the drum riser and went forward right on his face 6 feet lower. Didn't even brace himself. Bounced twice. They took a 5 minute break and either a roadie or a guitar tech did the rest of the show on bass.

Back