Films or programmes you liked as a kid.......and can still watch now

grimtraveller

If only for a moment.....
So which are those shows or movies that you liked as a kid or teenager that you find you can still get into now ?
It's been interesting watching episodes of Doctor Who that I actually remember watching in the late 60s and early 70s. I used to love them and now, they seem so, well, dated and lame. We never used to miss them and they never did repeats so you only ever saw them once {except for one where they'd put together all the episodes as a feature length and show it at christmas}.
But there are other things like "Dastardly and Muttley in their flying machines" or "Fawlty Towers" which, 40 years on I still find hilarious and not dated at all......

I fell of some ladders while decorating once, so thought Id have a break and went on ebay and bought all the TV series from my youth I could find on DVD...they were all shite...I think I had concussion

Fawlty towers will always be funny and Connie Booth is a ride

Twilight Zone - but some are very dated.
Get Smart, F Troop - sometimes dumb comedy is good.
Laugh In - why can I never find old repeats of it on TV?
The Muppets

Don't remember that one...:confused:

That's that one where the boring guy asks a bunch of boring general questions on a message board and a bunch of boring people give their boring answers because the boring guy that asked the boring questions knows the boring open-ended vague questions about nothing give the boring people a chance to talk about themselves. Remember that one?

That's that one where the boring guy asks a bunch of boring general questions on a message board and a bunch of boring people give their boring answers because the boring guy that asked the boring questions knows the boring open-ended vague questions about nothing give the boring people a chance to talk about themselves. Remember that one?

Little House on the Prairie....:confused:

Wait wait.. A boring person posted in this thread? GTF out...

Nancy Boys? :eek:

On one of the *.2 channels they run a couple of episodes of The Rifleman early every Saturday morning. It takes a lot of beers to stay up that long, but it's an effort of love. May be brainwashed by the infamous American gun culture, but I still enjoy the show. A widower raising his son in the old west, Big Lucas McCain(Chuck Conners), he's a nice fella but not to be fucked with. Ranch life, hard honest work, a righteous fella trying to teach his son the right way to look at life and to live. He's tries to follow the golden rule, treat others as you would have them treat you, don't want no trouble won't be none. But if you act a fool and deserve a bullet in your ass, kabam bam bam bam bam. Being a family man myself I like the relationship between a man and his son aspect as well. Young Mark(Johnny Crawford) is a good kid, tries to be a good boy and looks up to & minds his Pa. He's comin of age and can be a real hornball at times.

Johnny Crawford, there were a couple of episodes where he struck up a tune, and he went on to have a fair to midlin recording career(<--see what I did there :D).

This here clip demonstrates his budding weakness for the ladies and pickin & singin

The little house oh so dreary.......or was that the Waltons ?
I don't know that I could watch the Monkees again because the last time I watched it, about 20 years ago, it was pretty ropey. Conversely, I didn't see their film "Head" until I was 30 and I still love it now. So much better than the series even though it was one big trip.

Back