Fighting against food-based f*ckery!

I'm quite used to seeing burgers served on a chopping board skewered by a steak knife driven into the wood. And that's in the pub.

A piece of old roof slate? Quality/quantity over presentation. I seldom go back to places that use my hard-earned $$ to make it look more expensive than it is.

I'm quite used to seeing burgers served on a chopping board skewered by a steak knife driven into the wood. And that's in the pub.
Why do you need a knife at all for a burger? Do you eat your burgers with fork & knife there?

Why do you need a knife at all for a burger? Do you eat your burgers with fork & knife there?

Not usually (unless you're very posh), but these burgers are too tall to eat like a McDonald's burger. They'd normally come with a wooden skewer through them to stop them falling and disintegrating, but it's become trendy to jab a steak knife through and into the wooden board they are served on. Then you remove the knife and use it to eat your dinner.

Like this:

photo-13.jpg

Generally, nouvelle cuisine can kiss my working class ass, but if it's it's good food that's well-prepared, I just laugh at the presentation and then eat it up.

I don't get all that pretentious show off food with little tiny bits of nothing. Pile the fucker on! The more the better. :thumbs up:

You don't get down south much do you, Bubba? People love that shit in Bristol.

Back