Empire. Anybody Watch it?

J

jokerone

I decided to watch new Fox TV show Empire a few weeks ago, because I saw a clip in how they have real music artists help with the writing and music.

I actually like the show and have watched every episode.

If Game of Thrones is the Sopranos in Middle Earth, then Empire is the Sopranos at Motown Records meets King Lear.

Even though I find it entertaining, its also rides very close to becoming a caricature of itself in a 1970s blacksploitation sense.

So has anybody else here watched it?

thanks.

I watch it when I remember it is on. I think it is not bad. Pretty dark, music isn't bad, but I am sure they have toned it down for people like me :)

I watch it when I remember it is on. I think it is not bad. Pretty dark, music isn't bad, but I am sure they have toned it down for people like me :)

I've caught it on Demand via the cable company. Some good acting too.

I have to agree, the acting is really good. In general, it reminds me of the music business, sleazy. The funny part is, I have a hard time figuring out who are the bad guys and who are the good guys. I can relate to just about all of them. :confused:

I have to agree, the acting is really good. In general, it reminds me of the music business, sleazy. The funny part is, I have a hard time figuring out who are the bad guys and who are the good guys. I can relate to just about all of them. :confused:

Thats just it, its a King Lear tragedy. there are no good guys. The best is the Gay son. and like I said earlier the 1970s blacksploitation aspect means none of the white people are good. They either are bad/evil, or present bad news. (i.e, you have ALS, your ex-wife is meeting with feds, etc.).

All in all like the show.

watched it again tonight. I think if anybody is interested in making music, its worth a peek.

Back