EDM in all its glory - Creamfields 2015 Live

miroslav

Cosmic Cowboy
https://screen.yahoo.com/live/event/creamfields-2

I don't want to talk shit about EDM...but really, you EDM guys can listen to this for more than 10 minutes...
,,,and not be very high? :D

It's just a huge stereo system...in a field. There's no actual performances (the guy pushing the PLAY button doesn't count).
What's the draw? :confused:

OK...so there are some really nice looking women.... :p

OK...so there are some really nice looking women.... :p

There's the draw. Chicks like EDM, and hot chicks like EDM, so there ya go. A guy will tolerate some stupid shit to get chicks. I used to go to goth/dance clubs in the 90s because goth girls were cute and easy. It was like shooting fish in a barrel. These goth chicks would get drunk, dance all night, and if you weren't a dorky goth guy, they'd blow you in the bathroom. Perfect.

Yeah..I was watching the live feed for a bit, and you see the guys with their arms up, kinda dancing to the beat...
...and the expression on their faces is like, "WTF am I doing here listening and dancing to this dorky shit?"...
...and then they turn their heads and look at the hot bouncing boobs next to them, and the expression changes to...
"Oh yeah, now I know!"...and they just grin. :D

I used to spin house and trance in the late 90s - and although I don't listen to as much of it as I used to, there are still a couple DJs/producers that create good dance music, in my opinion.

The music in the video isn't my cup of tea, but, in general...

I think you have to like to dance relentlessly to get into it. The music is relentless by nature - no stops or pauses for hours.

I always think of EDM as more of a "tool" than an actual form of music, if that makes any sense. Kinda like an intense elevator ride.

Of course, from what I can remember, drugs help, but I don't party like that anymore, and as I said, can still listen to some of it. It just has to be free from any cheesiness.

Daryl

Kinda like an intense elevator ride.

With music. :D

I can see going to a club with your date, and getting out on the dance floor for a bit to this kind of music.
I mean, you're not there to listen, you just want to dance and make the woman happy.

The all day/night for 2-3 days thing at these EDM festivals has to be LIKE doling drugs.
I mean, I would be comatose if I had to listen to that non-stop, same beat for an hour or two at time, kind of music.

For sure! But without Aerosmith.

Usually though, at least at the good raves, parties, festivals, whatever you want to call 'em, the promoters will have another room or two with a different vibe, musically.

I don't really go to them anymore, so I'm purely referencing personal history.

But it's a taste thing. Synths just have that sci-fi/other worldly kinda thing going for them, so I find the sounds perpetually fresh (aside from the repetitive 4/4 pounding, of course). The same thing can be done with a guitar, true, but I look for that way far-out factor in dance music.

I'll try to parallel rock - I guess it'd kinda be like going to a really loud show, like Kyuss or something like that, where the sound engulfs you. A rockin' sensory deprivation tank, of sorts.

Daryl

It's not my preferred genre of music, but I could totally get into that. A massive sound system pumping out trippy dance music, the lights, the crowd, the energy. What's not to like?

There's the draw. Chicks like EDM, and hot chicks like EDM, so there ya go. A guy will tolerate some stupid shit to get chicks. I used to go to goth/dance clubs in the 90s because goth girls were cute and easy. It was like shooting fish in a barrel. These goth chicks would get drunk, dance all night, and if you weren't a dorky goth guy, they'd blow you in the bathroom. Perfect.
As a general rule, chicks love to dance. As a young man, if you want to get laid you need to somewhat learn to dance.

In the 50s, the twist, the 70s, disco, and now edm.
Nothing changes. You're young, you want to bang hot chicks, ya gotta dance.
:-)

When you're older, you need cash. lol

As a general rule, chicks love to dance. As a young man, if you want to get laid you need to somewhat learn to dance.

In the 50s, the twist, the 70s, disco, and now edm.
Nothing changes. You're young, you want to bang hot chicks, ya gotta dance.
:-)

When you're older, you need cash. lol

That's not entirely true. Chicks do want to dance, but you as a dude don't have to sink that low. You just have to be around dancing. Guys that actually dance and claim they do it for chicks really just want to dance themselves.

That's not entirely true. Chicks do want to dance, but you as a dude don't have to sink that low. You just have to be around dancing. Guys that actually dance and claim they do it for chicks really just want to dance themselves.

Haha. I don't dance. But in the 70s I did. For one reason. And it wasn't because I enjoyed dancing.:D

Haha. I don't dance. But in the 70s I did. For one reason. And it wasn't because I enjoyed dancing.:D

I believe you that you had to dance to get the poon in the 20s 30s 40s 50s 60s and 70s. That shit stopped some time in the 80s and 90s. I guess dudes wised up maybe? Girls have definitely gotten easier. All you gotta do is breathe oxygen these days and chicks are down to fuck. It doesn't mean anything to them anymore.

I believe you that you had to dance to get the poon in the 20s 30s 40s 50s 60s and 70s. That shit stopped some time in the 80s and 90s. I guess dudes wised up maybe? Girls have definitely gotten easier. All you gotta do is breathe oxygen these days and chicks are down to fuck. It doesn't mean anything to them anymore.

Haha, that's a brilliant statement. I think it's because girls have gotten easier, to be honest.

Sexual morality, or whatever one wants to call it, has definitely laxed for both genders.

It's a Brave New World unfolding before our eyes - with MDMA as the new soma.

Daryl

I see how easy it is for dudes now. I'm happily married and do not partake myself, but I see how girls dress, act, and I see how dudes can be disgusting, rude slobs and the girls still put out. Guys walk around with the smug assumption that they will get a girl that night, and the girls put up no kind of resistance. A dude used to have to work for it - like dancing. They don't anymore. They don't even have to try. Hook-up culture reigns supreme. I was born twenty years too early.

Oh, I dunno Greg...

Call me old-fashioned, but I prefer the traditional "have to dance" methodology of hooking up. 20 years ago and prior, the process had more honor and integrity. I didn't live it, so I'm only going on gut feelings, but the days of courting and having to work for it seemed healthier for society as a whole.

I'm 36, unmarried, and I've had my fun...

But nowadays. I find ladies that aren't ladies rather unappealing.*

Daryl

*Not a Jenner reference - simply stating I like old-school classy dames. :)

Back