Donald Trump Freekin Rocks!

Seems to me our refusal to enact police reform is what is causing the division. People are dying for no good reason and folks are infinitely more concerned about the harmless symbolism behind a dude kneeling at a sporting event.

Philando Castile was killed - shot in the back for no reason with a toddler in the back of his car watching the whole thing. The officer who shot him without cause got off with no punishment. The Officer knew he made a huge mistake within seconds. Our justice system apparently still doesn't realize it.

It's not right.

It's not a problem in other wealthy industrialized countries near as I can tell.

Being a great country is like being in a great marriage. It takes work. If it's not getting better, it's getting worse.

The numbers do not support it is getting worse.

For accuracy, Castille was not shot in the back. He was shot while sitting behind the wheel of a vehicle, in the chest area. I'm not defending the officer, and have not followed the case, but Castille was carrying a firearm. He told the officer he was carrying, and proceeded to be careless in the placement of his hands. I am not defending the officer, or suggesting he was justified in shooting and killing Castille. From the initial contact with the police officer to the time he was shot was less than 60 seconds, much less. If I am carrying a firearm and I encounter the police, I am moving very very slowly, in constant contact with the officer, his orders/requests. I will verbally verify each command, and then inform the officer prior to every movement. Castille did not. Unfortunately he died.

Also, pot makes you dumb, and can quite possibly contribute to your death when you encounter the police while carrying a firearm.

This is not all black and white. The founders were great, and terrible at the same time. I don't see anything wrong with pointing out their shortcomings and arguing that those shortcomings weigh so much that it is inappropriate for them to be honored with memorials.

I completely agree and suggest that it should apply equally to religious figures.

You have to give to some of these athletes, though, they are thinkers. I mean, they are on it. For instance...

LeBron James was recently asked why he thought the state of Ohio went to Trump in the election. After a moment to gather his thoughts in contemplation, LeBron responded, "I don't think a lot of people was educated." To further clarify his statement, he added, "They make choices and say things that's uneducated."

Hm. Food for that, food. for. thought. Dude ought to maybe run for office, slam dunk. Just don't count on the state of Ohio. 'Cause, well, you know.

You know it's kind of OK how this thread...which started out as a joke has evolved and hit on some "hot" topics and yet remained relatively respectful. Had this been in the last days of the cave what a cluster fuck this would have been.

Good job bro's for having the cool to express yourselves yet keeping it chill and civil :thumbs up:

This young black man Brandon Tatum shares his thoughts on the NFL's should I kneel or should I stand dilemma / quandary.... After the Sunday morning talking heads and then 5 minutes of listening to "the View" and Whoopi and her cronies doing their best to show how this a racist thing his viewpoint is a breath of fresh air...

Oh Shit! Didn't realize this dude is a damn cop! No wonder he's so level headed ;) ...

Kind of interesting to hear his perspective.....at least to me.....refreshing...

I guess he's getting a lot of shit for the previous video...this one was just put out last night...

You have to give to some of these athletes, though, they are thinkers. I mean, they are on it. For instance...

LeBron James was recently asked why he thought the state of Ohio went to Trump in the election. After a moment to gather his thoughts in contemplation, LeBron responded, "I don't think a lot of people was educated." To further clarify his statement, he added, "They make choices and say things that's uneducated."

Hm. Food for that, food. for. thought. Dude ought to maybe run for office, slam dunk. Just don't count on the state of Ohio. 'Cause, well, you know.

Ad hominem much?

Dude, you voted for a reality television star who would say "Nobody knew health care could be so complicated."

C'mon, brother, that's not an ad hominem. Lighten up.

I'm thinkin', you go calling other folks uneducated, best you tighten up yourself. Like a grate filosofer once said, you live by the word, you die by the word.

Bob Dylan said,

"Half of the people can be part right all of the time

Some of the people can be all right part of the time

But all of the people can’t be all right all of the time

I think Abraham Lincoln said that

I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours

I said that"

In the spirit of brotherhood and togetherness, here's a video. RIP Cory Wells.

C'mon, brother, that's not an ad hominem. Lighten up.

Ad hominem is when, instead of addressing the point a person is making, you attack the person instead.

LeBron James thinks police brutality is a problem. You attacked his grammar in an attempt to undermine his position as a thinker on the issue.

That's like, textbook ad hominem. What am I missing?

I am not heated or anything BTW. Not my style. I just think you are focused on stuff that doesn't actually make a difference in anyone's life - like James's grammer, or people kneeling.

-- on stuff that doesn't actually make a difference in anyone's life - like James's grammer, or people kneeling.

bing! bing! bing!

Give this man a chicken dinner. Textbook ad hominem, by the way. Like Trump's little hands meaning he couldn't be a good president... No, no, it's his temperament and constant hurling of insults from the highest power. Not his little hands.

Hypocrisy marks someone's opinions as unreliable, but that can't automatically be generalized to others simply because they share his profession.

I don't know what you're talking about. I didn't say anything about what LeBron thinks concerning police brutality. Again...

He was asked why he thought the state of Ohio went to Trump in the election. His stated opinion was that folks who voted for Trump did so because they are uneducated. He did so, while speaking into a microphone, while using improper grammar. He is making the accusation that some 2.8 million people "was uneducated", while demonstrating he can't be bothered to learn how to speak proper English.

Over 50% of the electorate in Ohio are uneducated simply because they disagree with Lebron James? I don't know, that seems to me to be ad hominem. Yeah? Shouldn't LeBron consider why folks voted for Trump rather than Clinton, instead of attacking them as being uneducated?

Fair game he gets called out for being uneducated. And, thanks, fair game he gets called out for an ad hominem.

I'll just leave this here: LeBron James voted for Hillary Clinton because he was uneducated. :D

bing! bing! bing!

Give this man a chicken dinner. Textbook ad hominem, by the way. Like Trump's little hands meaning he couldn't be a good president... No, no, it's his temperament and constant hurling of insults from the highest power. Not his little hands.

Have you ever considered, that is in part why some people voted for Trump? Ad hominem....uneducated, sexists, supremacists, racists, fascists, NAZIS!...those are common ad hominem attacks from the left. Taking the high road and being above the nasty rhetoric went nowhere. Allowing the left to control the narrative and being constantly in defense mode to such nastiness went nowhere.

You don't even realize it, you elected Trump. Congratulations.

Yikes! You clearly don't understand what an ad hominem is.

LeBron James didn't make an ad hominem argument. Ad hominem is a method used to undermine an argument. A person making an ad hominem attack is dodging the actual argument and trying to change the subject by focusing on a person's attributes. Nobody was making an argument to James. They asked him directly why so many people voted for Trump. He answered the question directly by suggesting they were uneducated. (He's actually not wrong. Trump won almost all the most uneducated counties by huge margins. Trump lost almost all the most educated counties by huge margins:

Education, Not Income, Predicted Who Would Vote For Trump | FiveThirtyEight. But that's beside the point.)

If I say, white supremacists support Donald Trump - that is not an ad hominem. It is a fact. David Duke was thanking Donald Trump just recently.

If you say "Studies prove that Donald Trump won the uneducated voters by huge margins" and I reply by saying "yeah but you are a dirty Northerner in the mainstream media so nobody should listen to you" THAT is an ad hominem.

See the difference? It's more than just labeling or name calling. It has to be within the context of a debate and the person making the ad hominem is dodging the substance and trying to change the subject to their opponent's perceived weakness.

Last edited:
Yikes! You clearly don't understand what an ad hominem is.

LeBron James didn't make an ad hominem argument. Ad hominem is a method used to undermine an argument. A person making an ad hominem attack is dodging the actual argument and trying to change the subject by focusing on a person's attributes. Nobody was making an argument to James. They asked him directly why so many people voted for Trump. He answered the question directly by suggesting they were uneducated. (He's actually not wrong. Trump won almost all the most uneducated counties by huge margins. Trump lost the almost all the most educated counties by huge margins:

Education, Not Income, Predicted Who Would Vote For Trump | FiveThirtyEight. But that's beside the point.)

If I say, white supremacists support Donald Trump - that is not an ad hominem. It is a fact. David Duke was thanking Donald Trump just recently.

If you say "Studies prove that Donald Trump won the uneducated voters by huge margins" and I reply by saying "yeah but you are a dirty Northerner in the mainstream media so nobody should listen to you" THAT is an ad hominem.

See the difference? It's more than just labeling or name calling. It has to be within the context of a debate and the person making the ad hominem is dodging the substance and trying to change the subject to their opponent's perceived weakness.
You're wasting your energy.

I quoted LeBron James, therefore I was immediately accused of making an ad hominem attack?

You're being silly, man.

I'm sure many in Ohio regardless of education level would strongly disagree with Lebron James. I understand the desire to control the narrative, Lebron James said it, stats are provided in support of his statement....so there, matter settled, no debate necessary.

Uh, no.

Hey ez, how's it goin, man?

You're not still mad, are you? No need to take things so seriously, it aint all that.

Let by-gones be by-gones.

Back