Donald Trump Freekin Rocks!

...are you saying he didn't suggest that the pansy assed social justice warriors would not stop at civil war statues, but would at some point also call for the tearing-down of statues of the founders of this country and our very own Constitution? Or, are you saying unamerican enemies of all that is good are not actually calling for statues of Washington and Jefferson to be torn down and removed?

First, you quoted "The Federalist". But, I'll go along with it. I read the article thoroughly, but not sure if you did.

The news from weeks ago regarded a decision by the city of Charlottesville to remove confederate statues. A white nationalist organization protested in response to that decision, followed by a counter protest.

In this article, and during these recent events, students from UVA shrouded the Jefferson statue and they demanded the plaque to be rewritten, but not the statue removed, to mark the one month anniversary of those recent events.

So, remember dooood, it was the city itself that voted to remove the confederate statue. Here, it is students wanting the plaque relabeled. Maybe, perhaps, if you want to bend and twist it around in weird shapes, you can draw a parallel to what Trump said...but it's not the same thing at all.

So, your "pansy assed social justice warriors", (remember this now) are municipalities. It was a city that voted on an action. :thumbs up:

Not exactly sure what you're on about.

Things have been brewing for some time in Charlottesville. Activists both local and from outside the area have been calling for statues to be removed, including activist types who sit on the city council. A mixed vote was called on the council, the result being in favor of removing the Lee statue, which is against state law. It is out of jurisdiction for localities to remove such monuments. Charlottesville is the county seat, but trust me, many residents in both the city and the county (Albemarle, and surrounding counties as well) do not support the removal of the monuments. A fair number of the citizens of Charlottesville are not native Virginians(neither were the "KKK" n "Nazis", nor were the counter protest "Antifa" types of recent infamy). Charlottesville is a college town, and is heavily influenced by that type of protest and activist "culture", loud, proud, and in your face, particularly following the annointing of the community organizer and chief into the White House. Heavily Democrat, progressive, not at all backward and country bumpkinny like the uneducated locals who are stuck in an old backward way of thinking and it'd be best when they all die out so as to usher in a utopian society. In short, it is a peer and/or social pressure thing. Although some do speak out in opposition to removing the monuments, many more do not, because racist.

Make no mistake, though The Federalist article does not state it, in this instance, and the shrouding falls short, there are those who are calling for statues of Jefferson and Washington to be removed from public squares. If you're really interested examples can easily be found, whether explicit or inferred.

“This is the face of supremacy,” local activist Tanesha Hudson tells VICE News at the same vigil. “This is what we deal with every day being African-American and this has always been the reality of Charlottesville. You can’t stand in one corner of this city and not look at the master sitting on top of Monticello. He looks down on us. He’s been looking down on this city for God knows how long.”

Last edited:
Make no mistake, though The Federalist article does not state it, in this instance, and the shrouding falls short...

(long, exhausted sigh)

Ok buddy, so... you make a ridiculous comment about how, "bang! my main man trump is dogging em again!" or whatever you're saying, then...I prove you wrong, so you do some quick fact-checking, proceed to write an unnecessarily long post that basically enlongates exactly what I said, and the point was... what now?

Your quoted comment above is the point I am making. And you admitted it yourself. The referenced article does not state that ever happened. That's the entire point...and nothing more.

And on a lighter note.......:laughings: I needed me a good "early days" Alice Cooper fix last night and started with Black Juju...damn that was ahead of it's time but you know how Utube puts suggested videos to the right...well I evolved from Love it to death to killer and then to Billion dollar babies...what a rocking frickin band... So I see "Elected and it looks like Trump and Clinton in the video...gotta see this...It was Alice back in November of 16 live on Kimmel...Boy's got a kick ass band...and at the end of the song a guy and gal come out looking like beat up and bloody Donald and Hillary...Pretty damn comical...Enjoy..AC is still a bad ass at 70 something and that current line up of players ....bad ass too!

Nita is a really bad ass player.....Got to see her when she was part of the Iron Maidens ....She was a great player and easy on the eyes to boot...

Both Washington and Jefferson knew slavery was wrong. But as Virginians at that time, to take a stance against it would have been political suicide. There was one ultra-rich Virginian back then who did just that - emancipated all of his slaves. He had to surrender political office and move to Maryland to live in exile because there were so many death threats. His name was Robert Carter III.

I do not know why his name is not a household name. You could argue he was a greater man than any of the founders.

Owning, purchasing and selling human beings is a huge black mark on the records of Jefferson and Washington. I believe both of them would admit it. I also think both of them kept their slaves so as to not ruin their own political careers. Maybe they did this out of selfish career advancement, or maybe they did it because they knew they had to continue in politics in order to build something great. I think there is a good case for the latter for those two particular individuals.

This is not all black and white. The founders were great, and terrible at the same time. I don't see anything wrong with pointing out their shortcomings are arguing that those shortcomings weigh so much that it is inappropriate for them to be honored with memorials.

(long, exhausted sigh)

Ok buddy, so... you make a ridiculous comment about how, "bang! my main man trump is dogging em again!" or whatever you're saying, then...I prove you wrong, so you do some quick fact-checking, proceed to write an unnecessarily long post that basically enlongates exactly what I said, and the point was... what now?

Your quoted comment above is the point I am making. And you admitted it yourself. The referenced article does not state that ever happened. That's the entire point...and nothing more.

lol

You're taking some liberties there, my friend.

I never said any "my main man" nonsense. Once again Trump has said something, libs flipped their fucking lid over how wrong he was/is, and it was later proven that if not entirely correct, he was a lot more in touch with the reality of the matter than they were. Which, might I add, certainly appears to be you when you said "he was never right about anything". Really, anything? I mean, that is a heluva statement.

How did you prove me wrong? Some folks have had problems with monuments and statues, statues of old dead white guys who fought for the confederacy during the Civil War. You know, guys who lived in the time of this country when slavery existed, who may have and probably did own slaves. So the question arises, when will those "problems" extend to other old dead white guys who lived in those times and also owned slaves, such as Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, etc ? That is the point. Some people thought it was ridiculous to even consider such a question. However, the answer to the question is, now.

It seems to me you yourself are doubling down on wrong. They didn't want to tear down the statue of Jefferson, they just wanted to shroud it? That is just dumb to make that argument. As I suggested, simple "fact checking" would illuminate how some are calling for Jefferson to be removed. The activist I quoted, when she said...

“This is the face of supremacy,” local activist Tanesha Hudson tells VICE News at the same vigil. “This is what we deal with every day being African-American and this has always been the reality of Charlottesville. You can’t stand in one corner of this city and not look at the master sitting on top of Monticello. He looks down on us. He’s been looking down on this city for God knows how long.”

...do you really believe, especially in light of recent events in Charlottesville, she is okay for "the face of supremacy", "the master" to remain and continue looking down for God knows how much longer? One would have to be pretty naive to not recognize what she is saying. What now, indeed.

I didn't have to do any "quick fact checking", I live in Virginia. The facts are common knowledge.

I hope this post isn't too unnecessarily long for you.

IBB said:
I don't see anything wrong with pointing out their shortcomings are arguing that those shortcomings weigh so much that it is inappropriate for them to be honored with memorials.

Rather than "are", did you mean to say -and- " arguing that those shortcomings weigh so much that it is inappropriate for them to be honored with memorials"?

Do you mean, like, the statues should be torn down or otherwise removed from their current memorial sites?

You seeing this, andrushkwit? Maybe he just meant the statues should be shrouded, or something.

:facepalm:

Rather than "are", did you mean to say -and- " arguing that those shortcomings weigh so much that it is inappropriate for them to be honored with memorials"?

Do you mean, like, the statues should be torn down or otherwise removed from their current memorial sites?

You seeing this, andrushkwit? Maybe he just meant the statues should be shrouded, or something.

:facepalm:

I don't personally agree with that argument, just acknowledging that I can see their point. The opposite of their point - your argument - is pure cultural relativism: "Back in 1785 slavery was acceptable whereas today it is an abomination."

I do not know why you guys are so caught up on Trump's statements. Relative to the actual content of the issue, that's an insignificant side show that will be forgotten.

I do not know why you guys are so caught up on Trump's statements. Relative to the actual content of the issue, that's an insignificant side show that will be forgotten.

Because the man is a buffoon and every utterance he makes nauseates me. He is continuing to divide, pitting people against each other. The larger issue is the history at hand, sure, but I do not think discussing this guy's antics detracts anything from it.

Cue TAE for another "on the brighter side" moment.... :)

I didn't necessarily make an argument either way.

My point was getting a laugh out of people who get caught up in some of Trump's statements, lose their fucking minds with indignation, and in the end are proven to be partisan buffoons. Someone mentioned a broken clock being right at least twice a day. For those who say, Trump has never gotten a single thing right............in a sense, that is what I am goofing on. It is as if he is trolling them, but they can't bring themselves to intelligently consider the merits of the statement, but rather go full bore outrage. If Trump said it, it has to be bad, a lie, a :cursing:

I find it amusing, and exceedingly enjoyable.

edit: lol @...I just saw the post above this. Hilarious.

..and for me, I find it amusing when his supporters will stretch claims into prophecies. If he said it, it must be true, no matter how ridiculous, vengeful, or divisive.

:D

Because the man is a buffoon and every utterance he makes nauseates me. He is continuing to divide, pitting people against each other. The larger issue is the history at hand, sure, but I do not think discussing this guy's antics detracts anything from it.

Cue TAE for another "on the brighter side" moment.... :)

Sorry, but imo you are not being rational. Grip, get one. If you can't see the true source of current division, identity politics, grievance peddling, community organizer social engineering, and 8 years of the Obama administration pitting various sliced and diced segments of society against one another, oh well. It was not like this prior to 2008. Hell, it has become so bad, the left is starting to eat its own. I say, let them. It is sad, but at the same time funny as fuck. Get some!...of what you have been dishing out.

..and for me, I find it amusing when his supporters will stretch claims into prophecies. If he said it, it must be true, no matter how ridiculous, vengeful, or divisive.

:D

That is quite a reach you've got there, my friend.

I never said everything he said was true, ever. However, you did say he was never right about anything.

You are being a bit of an extremist, don't you think, bud?

Let me quote an inspiring human being, Mr. Steve Kerr of the NBA. If you're not familiar with him, his background and story you might find intriguing. But, he put it nicely this afternoon:

"The fact is we live in an amazing country, but it’s a flawed one. I consider myself unbelievably lucky to live here, so please spare me the ‘If you don’t like it you can get out’ argument. I love living here. I love my country. I just think it’s important to recognize that we as a nation are far from perfect, and it’s our responsibility to try to make it better. And one of the ways to do that is to promote awareness and understanding and acceptance. Not just acceptance but embracing our diversity, which when you get down to it is not only who we are but truly what makes us great. And it’s not happening.

Remember, the president works for us, not vice versa. We elected him. He doesn’t just work for his constituents and his base. He works for every citizen. Once you take that office, you have to do what’s best for the entire country. Sure, you’re going to have policies that align with your party, but that’s not the point. Respectfully, Mr. Trump, the point is this: You’re the president. You represent all of us. Don’t divide us.

Bring us together. "

As far as your "true source of division", it is tweets like these which I refer to:

"Sports fans should never condone players that do not stand proud for their National Anthem or their Country. NFL should change policy!"

If you cannot see it, he is pitting fans against players, owners against employees, and rights against conformity. He is a child and has no greater understanding of morality than a rock.

Because the man is a buffoon and every utterance he makes nauseates me.

His every utterance nauseates you? Someone sure has a red ass about our current president. He is a very wealthy "baffoon" who with witchcraft and magical bafoonery tricked the USA into making him our president..

He certainly wasn't what I had hoped for as my only option over Hillary but he was my only option...not that my single California vote mattered one iota.

I believe he has an ego the size of Manhattan and because of that he does not want to go down in history as the worse president ever or a "Baffoon"........Boy he tweets some dumb stuff and at times I get more than a little disgusted and embarrassed that he is the guy at the helm...That said he is the guy at the helm.... love him or hate him...he's all we got...This morning I listened to a bunch of nattering nabobs quack about how his statement about how the NFL owners should fire dumbshits that can't stand for the national anthem...And by involving himself and saying such blasphemy was proof positive that he is a white supremacist... clear as a bell right...he's just plain evil.... Should he of even gotten into that dog fight ...fuck no...but there he went again sharing the real loose lipped Donald with the world...but lets slow down and look how the media ran with this...because of what he said he's a white supremacist racist.....and he's a racist because the people he was speaking of were black.... fact is I have not a doubt in the world that he would have said the same thing had the kneelers been white , or red or yellow...It had NOTHING to do with the fact that the ding dongs making "a statement" were black ... it had to do with Donald's personal world view of "God Bless America" "Love it or Fucking Leave it" ...but nope he's a fucking white supremacist...

The left wingers are blinded by their own self righteousness ready to pounce on the easy target and twist and blow anything he says out of proportion as fast as he can tweet tweet.... and that to me is nauseating.

...And by involving himself and saying such blasphemy was proof positive that he is a white supremacist...

I do not agree with those claims, and I would say it is a shame some media take that route. I am saying that from a morality standpoint, oblivious to political stances, he is an ill-tempered child and seeks to further divide and create controversy. I have favored presidents and candidates from every party in my 35 years on earth, and I am not bound to a particular side. I follow my own instincts and seek leaders who aim to do what I consider "good". He is not one of them, in my opinion.

Everybody is free to have their own opinion about this activist athlete business, including the President. It is amazing how tone deaf some can be. You invite and bring politics into the arena, and then you're surprised when politics enters the arena? You bring protest into the arena, and then you're surprised when counter protest enters the arena? Really? How dumb can some be? Who the hell is causing division, picking a side? Do your fucking job and take that shit elsewhere. Your team is a brand, you bring politics and you are going to alienate the potential for folks to adopt your brand as their own, or reject you, you are fomenting division. If you can't do your job without bringing politics into the workplace, you should be fired. Who the hell in normal life goes to work and starts protesting.....the soon to be unemployed, imo. Free speech does not apply in the workplace. The NFL and team owners should do what is necessary to maintain the entertainment value of the sporting event. They are losing viewership in large numbers. Aint nobody got no time for that shit.

People do not watch sports to get another dose of the political clusterfuck. People watch sports for fun, as an escape. What better excuse after a long week of toiling for the legal tender, carrying the weight of daily responsibility, and to escape the drone of incessant partisan politics than to take a long sit on the couch for a day of doing nothing more than watching football. My guess is very few watch to see who is or is not taking a knee during the National Anthem. If they are, they're watching for the wrong reason.

Back