Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, which candidate on either side isn't full of themselves?
Be consistent miro.

Trump has by far, has the most bloated ego on both the Dem and Rep side.

Vote for him if you like....but I don't think he will even get the nomination.

I probably will. My vote dosent matter anyway. The Republican nominee is going to carry Mississippi in the general election. To tell the truth I haven't been interested in politics in quite a while. I kept up with it enough to piss off lefties in the cave...that was a lot of fun I must admit. I have never been real political outside of that. I rarely vote because elections are always on Tues. and I work until 6 most Tuesdays. I have an hour drive home and don't feel like rushing to the polls when they are about to close.
I would rather relax, eat supper, and watch TV.

I think he is funny too.
Hey, a comedian should run on the Democrat side...maybe Adam Sandler or Jay Leno.

I think he is funny too.
Hey, a comedian should run on the Democrat side...maybe Adam Sandler or Jay Leno.

Are you kidding me? They've got Bernie Sanders. With that Brooklyn Jew accent, if he'd lighten up a bit, and crack a few jokes, he'd be perfect!
Fugget aboutit! :D

Trump has by far, has the most bloated ego on both the Dem and Rep side.

Vote for him if you like....but I don't think he will even get the nomination.

You think he has an ego bigger than Obama?
bigger than Hillary?

bigger that Bush?

You obviously are not paying attention to bloated egos that are all around you.
Perhaps it's not the ego that bugs you as much as his politics.

Everyone running against him wishes they could say the things he says but they have no balls. And they depend on others for funding.

Did you see the last Donald Trumpism? Making fun of asians . . . Either he's on some serious drugs or. . . well . . he's on serious drugs. He's not even funny anymore, just an idiot.

The key thing in my opinion is that you know he isn't being "handled." He doesn't have to have 16 focus groups and 8 polls before expressing an opinion. It's refreshing (aside from the racist and mysogonistic slant). :) America has really grown tired of poltically correct, bland politicians. Get some balls and let us know what you think. Rather than what you think we want to hear.

Will Trump get elected? Doubtful. In fact it's doubtful he'll survive the primaries. But some of the other politicians could take a cue.

It's refreshing (aside from the racist and mysogonistic slant)
This is the bit that really bothers me about him really. He's obviously racist, mysoginistic, homophobic and basically just a bit of a twat. But a large portion of people would vote for him purely because he's republican. The inability some people have to actually change their mind based on the facts in front of them baffles me.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I did read recently that in America 90% of people will always vote for the same party regardless of policy and that the election is only decided by the 10% in the middle. Is that true?

This is the bit that really bothers me about him really. He's obviously racist, mysoginistic, homophobic and basically just a bit of a twat. But a large portion of people would vote for him purely because he's republican. The inability some people have to actually change their mind based on the facts in front of them baffles me.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I did read recently that in America 90% of people will always vote for the same party regardless of policy and that the election is only decided by the 10% in the middle. Is that true?

It's not entirely true because popular vote doesn't really matter, and not everyone votes anyway.

It's not entirely true because popular vote doesn't really matter, and not everyone votes anyway.
Obviously I meant 90% of people that actually vote. But what do you mean by "The popular vote doesn't matter"?

Obviously I meant 90% of people that actually vote. But what do you mean by "The popular vote doesn't matter"?

Popular vote does matter, however the total vote count (country wide) is less important. We have an Electoral College U. S. Electoral College, Official - What is the Electoral College?

To summarize, each state gets so many electoral votes (based on last census taken), that state distributes their votes one of two ways, either winner takes all (meaning that if one candidate get the most votes, he/she gets of of their electors) other states will divide their electors based on percentage (which is more representative of the vote). This is why many people believe that their vote doesn't count, since they don't directly vote directly for the president. But their vote does count since it directs their state's electoral vote.

Sounds pretty similar to the first past the post system that we have in the UK - which I agree is a bit wank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back