DO you still have any of your wedding gifts?

ido1957

9K Gold Member
Still have my wife after 25 years!
And a wall / grandfather style clock from my brother in law.
And our first microwave that we still use. Kinda yellow from burning so much popcorn.

Most of them - & my wife after 30 years!
The odd ornament has broken but generally all still exist though some are still in their original boxes etc.

25 years and she is still here. Most of the other stuff we still have but boxed away. Still have my wedding tackle as well which I keep handy at all times.

15 years this year. Big-ass toaster. Washing machine (that was from my mom). Crystal photo frame (second cousin I didn't even know). A bunch of Pfalftzgraff stuff to match our 'nice' dinnerware, Corningware.

Wedding tackle! All that meat & no potatoes? I married late at 28.

Out of curiosity, how old are you?

28 is well early for my generation.
Anybody marrying before 30 (or marrying general, almost), isn't celebrated much anymore. Of course you're nice about it to their face but all the talk behind their back is "So when's the divorce?"
We're a cynical bunch.

We have a few things kicking around. Some art and some kitchen cook wear and stuff. But, we have only been married for a few years (3?)

Schwaz,
I'm 58 but I must admit many of my social contemporaries married or cohabited a little later. On the other hand every one in my work place at the time was married early 20s.

My wife and I asked everyone to donate to a charity of their choice in our name. That was almost 6 years ago. Hopefully that did some good and helped some people.

When I was little my grandfather used to make random stuff. He worked in the steel mills in Pittsburgh and liked forming things out of metal. He died when I was 8 but before that he gave me a bi-plane he made out of old coke cans. The propeller spins and all the proportions are correct. Pretty awesome. I still have it.

Back