Do you have any idea how difficult it is

I wear mine from the moment I wake up until the moment i turn off the light to sleep so it's not a problem...now.

About 10 years ago I went with varifocal lenses but, before that, had to have one set for distance and a different one for close up. (Aside: consider the problems that caused mixed from the back of a theatre. I either changed every 10 second or, eventually, found an old pair which was the wrong prescription, half way between near and far so everything was equally blurry but good enough to just about see.) Anyway, when I was swapping glasses i spent more time looking for the other pair than actually using them.

Bobbsy, I have progressives, but as you know, sometimes that just makes it worse. Sometimes a tool that tries to do everything ends up not doing anything very well.

I have a separate pair for the computer, to save my neck from the constant head-tilting. I need a new pair of those, too.

Here's a helpful hint that I've learned the hard way: if you're going to have plastic frames, don't get CLEAR frames. Yeah, they may look cool, but they're even more of a bitch to find.

I'm considering getting yellow or bright blue frames next time. Yeah, that'll look good.

If you had a pouch like a kangaroo, well, then you'd have other problems, so be grateful.

How do blind people cope? Prob have a certain designated place they put things. You might try that.

Considering my current financial situation, at $600 a pop (and I do need new ones anyway, so that would be $1200), not really. :(

!!!!! No cheaper options available? Just as 'back-ups', you don't need progressive/scratch resistant/fancy frame/auto-darkening...

!!!!! No cheaper options available? Just as 'back-ups', you don't need progressive/scratch resistant/fancy frame/auto-darkening...

I don't have auto-darkening. That's another of those multipurpose tools that I think do neither well. I do have progressives to help eliminate needing a pair for driving, a pair for reading, and a pair for the computer. Again, they do nothing well. I do need the scratch resistant coating, though, considering the abuse mine go through. And I usually get relatively cheap frames. And these are Walmart prices, mind you.

Things would be a lot easier if I could find glasses that I could stand to wear all the time.

Meaning, when I'm looking for them I often discover I'm already wearing them.

I hear ya, brother, though with me it has nothing to do with the strength of the glasses. It has more to do with the weakness of the brain.

I call it the Nutty Professor syndrome (but referencing the 60's classic with Fred MacMurray).

Considering my current financial situation, at $600 a pop (and I do need new ones anyway, so that would be $1200), not really. :(

Sheesh, that's expensive. Last time I bought glasses, I paid $800 for TWO pair, one normal and one prescription sunglasses. Both had varifocal lenses or it would have been less than half that for normal single power lenses.

Sheesh, that's expensive. Last time I bought glasses, I paid $800 for TWO pair, one normal and one prescription sunglasses. Both had varifocal lenses or it would have been less than half that for normal single power lenses.

Yeah, and then consider that I have sort of light sensitive eyes, I really like sunglasses to drive. I'm required to wear glasses to drive, so that means my sunglasses have to be prescription, too. And my current prescription sunglasses got smashed.:(

Back