Deontay Wilder...

TAE

All you have is now
Boxing has gotten pretty weird ... over the years ...but we're getting some pretty BIG and entertaining heavyweights recently...watched the Wilder fight last night...dudes a pretty scary creature..

Not sure if and when it will happen but a Wilder / Fury fight might be a fun one to watch..... Or Joe Parker against either of em...

Still not convinced by Wilder. His standard of opposition has been really low, particularly for a guy with that many fights. His team have moved him very slowly and there must be a reason for that.

He also looks quite uncontrolled and flailing with his punches. Will be interesting to see what happens when he gets his chin checked. He does hit very hard with his right though.

I think Fury could outbox him fairly easily but Fury doesn't seem to have that good a beard.

Unless Klitschko has really faded I think his defence and control of distance is far too good for Wilder who'd just spend the evening punching air.

I think AJ would KO him by the mid rounds

Is "Deontay" someone's actual real name? Can I just call him Bob instead?

haha, you should hear him talk. He randomly yells "BOMB SQUAD!!!" in the middle of conversations.

He doesn't sound like the sharpest tool in the box.

Me neither. In fact, he sucks.

Guess time will tell Joe...he's whack...that's for sure...

He broke his right hand up and bent the pins in it from previous breaks pretty good this last fight...They need to beef up the pins next time around...damn...it hurts just thinking about it.

Guess time will tell Joe...he's whack...that's for sure...

He broke his right hand up and bent the pins in it from previous breaks pretty good this last fight...They need to beef up the pins next time around...damn...it hurts just thinking about it.

Chris Arreola was so, so done two years ago. And I liked that dude, but they need to pull his license or he's going to end up brain dead. Wilder hasn't fought anyone. When he does, he'll get crushed.

Chris Arreola was so, so done two years ago. And I liked that dude, but they need to pull his license or he's going to end up brain dead. Wilder hasn't fought anyone. When he does, he'll get crushed.

I'd just like to see him in with someone who's got genuinely good fundamental boxing skills, Povetkin would have done but he's been juicing so rightfully shouldn't be boxing.

Would just be good to see someone who can deal with Wilder's flailing haymakers and pressure, stay relaxed and not get drawn into a war. Then we'll see if Wilder can actually box. To be fair to him, he did use his jab well against Chris Arreola, but then Chris is a short-arse pressure fighter and Wilder has very long arms!

Personally I think AJ hits just as hard but has a much wider skill set and a more sound set of boxing fundamentals.

I'd just like to see him in with someone who's got genuinely good fundamental boxing skills, Povetkin would have done but he's been juicing so rightfully shouldn't be boxing.

Would just be good to see someone who can deal with Wilder's flailing haymakers and pressure, stay relaxed and not get drawn into a war. Then we'll see if Wilder can actually box. To be fair to him, he did use his jab well against Chris Arreola, but then Chris is a short-arse pressure fighter and Wilder has very long arms!

Personally I think AJ hits just as hard but has a much wider skill set and a more sound set of boxing fundamentals.

The heavy weight division is a mess. There's no one I even give a crap about right now. The lower weight divisions are superior. Period.

The heavy weight division is a mess. There's no one I even give a crap about right now. The lower weight divisions are superior. Period.

Divisions always fall into a bit of chaos when a long dominant champion gets toppled and the belts get fragmented. I reckon AJ will emerge dominant by the end of next year.

---------- Update ----------

Divisions always fall into a bit of chaos when a long dominant champion gets toppled and the belts get fragmented. I reckon AJ will emerge dominant by the end of next year.

---------- Update ----------

Back