DAW Users With ADD

In a lot of ways I preferred my old flip phone. But I have to admit, texting was a pain. It took foooorever. Many times I was ultimately forced to abandon text and instead make a phone call :eek:.
I don't text, maybe I'll start. I've sent about ten in my life.

Been working on exploring DADGAD tuning. Some Celtic stuff, some Appalachian stuff, some whatever that is stuff. It is kind of like sitting down with an instrument you're not necessarily familiar with, easier to come up with something original, outside typical patterns, the rut. In a clutch, you can probably just throw it down the stairs and it'd play itself. Take that, Guinevere. David Crosby eat yer heart out.

I've got a set of dedicated DADGAD strings and a booklet of scales and chords. That's how far I've gotten. I'm hoping to acquire a few more acoustics and leave them in odd strings or tunings. I've got Nashville strings on one guitar, and while the tuning is no different the voicings are, I recommend it to anyone who has a spare acoustic laying around.

I don't text, maybe I'll start. I've sent about ten in my life.

I've got a set of dedicated DADGAD strings and a booklet of scales and chords. That's how far I've gotten. I'm hoping to acquire a few more acoustics and leave them in odd strings or tunings. I've got Nashville strings on one guitar, and while the tuning is no different the voicings are, I recommend it to anyone who has a spare acoustic laying around.

Texting is actually pretty awesome. No "He said/she said, I thought you said" nonsense and confusion. It's all on record. Need an address? No need to look for pen and paper to jot it down, text it to me. Touch the address it comes up in GPS. Just b careful what you say, nothing is, ahem, confidential. You can go online and read your recent in/out texts. Hell, they're probably sharing that shit with somebody, selling it....to serve you better, to give you a better experience, dontchaknow.

I dig a good play along sing along as much as anybody. But at some point it can start to get on my wick. 3-4-5 guys banging away on their acousta guit boxes, starts to sound less like music and more of a god awful droning noise. There's nothing like a quick inconspicuous retune to something like DADGAD to throw a real monkey wrench curve ball, if only for a couple of tunes. Of course you can usually shake most of 'em, but there's always that one guy. :facepalm: Then again sometimes that one guy is the one guy who gets the concept of accompaniment. Then you got something.

You do open mic shows, yeah? I'm telling ya, one guy, DADGAD tuning, people don't know what to think. They think you're a dang genius. But seriously, it does have a unique sound to it, maybe give it a shot.

I went to the supermarket yestderday, and there was a monk doing standup comedy.

I thought, "That's really odd."

Must have been a cut-up friar.

Texting has replaced the phone call these days.

i get probably 8 to 2 texts vs calls.....not counting telemarketing calls. if I include Telemarketing calls then yes, I get many more calls and it would be 50/50.

my kid said texts are better because they dont interrupt, they can also include pictures of the puppys and car wrecks and anything else happening which is great.

its still disturbing though to watch people driving down the road staring at their smart screen texting and reading texts though.... the law hasnt stopped much of that.
i work at a college and a lot of kids walk out in the road staring at texts and smartphone screens and its a road of about 55mph....huge walking traffic too, amazing no one's been ran over.

its so bad I started parking far away so when I leave and arrive all the student walker-phone zombies are not an issue....after a few close calls. (no pun intended)

i get probably 8 to 2 texts vs calls.....not counting telemarketing calls. if I include Telemarketing calls then yes, I get many more calls and it would be 50/50.

my kid said texts are better because they dont interrupt, they can also include pictures of the puppys and car wrecks and anything else happening which is great.

its still disturbing though to watch people driving down the road staring at their smart screen texting and reading texts though.... the law hasnt stopped much of that.
i work at a college and a lot of kids walk out in the road staring at texts and smartphone screens and its a road of about 55mph....huge walking traffic too, amazing no one's been ran over.

its so bad I started parking far away so when I leave and arrive all the student walker-phone zombies are not an issue....after a few close calls. (no pun intended)

YouTube

This is funny to me. I've had a saying for the past 8 or 9 years..."Turn off your phone and your brain might come back on." I've used it on several occasions when people did absolutely brain dead maneuvers (unfortunately I am only allowed to think it at work)...:rolleyes:

Happy Father's day you muthas!

I will celebrate by myself today, doing manly chores and cooking myself a steak.

We went out Friday to a local bar that serves food. You got a lot for your money, but I would've rather spent more and got something better. I hate when the only reason you're eating your meal is because you paid for it. Unfortunately in Cudahy most people are looking for quantity, not quality.

Funny you mention that. The bowling alley here has been closed for over 15 years, and someone is trying to reopen it. My college average was 208, but I bet I couldn't bowl 100 now...my fingers have better uses. :guitar:

I'm assuming manly chores are those that your wife tells you to do. :D

I'm going bowling with my son and grandson. :eek: I didn't know they even still had bowling alleys.

we just got a huge one opened up and there are several around. I never go but I drive by them...like exercise gyms ..

Bowling is somewhere in the middle between golfclub memberships and the projects.... imo.

The main thing with bowling is drinking enough beer to get that balanced fred flintstone body of balance...aka the bowling body.

tell the Dude hello if you see him....

Attachments

• big_lebowski_kobal-3262.jpg
    big_lebowski_kobal-3262.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 0
My kind of day
No plans, just fucking off.

One week till vacation, also no plans, just waking up every day and deciding what to do.:cool:

LATER!!!

just waking up every day and deciding what to do.:cool:

LATER!!!

My life in general. Some days I scratch my belly with my left hand, just to change things up. :D

Our drummer is having surgery to fuse some vertebrae in his neck or back. He’ll be out of commission (drum wise) for 4-6 weeks. So the band is on hiatus again.

Back