DAW Users With ADD

I had my Epiphone LP professionally setup last week. Probably something I should have done long ago. $65, including cleaning and polishing.

My impression is it’s better intonated. The string heights feel more even. It seems to have less output, though. I’m guessing he might have lowered the pickups? Not a deal breaker, as it has a volume knob. :D

Unfortunately, in the end, it didn’t make me a better player. :o

All in all, I think this was worth it. I’ve had the pleasure of playing it twice now in a band setting, and in some ways it has made me a better player. Or at least a somewhat cleaner player. I think the evenness of the string height, and volume of each string has helped me maneuver the fretboard better, and produced a better sound.

Should’ve done this when I first got the guitar, but who knew. :confused: :)

All in all, I think this was worth it. I’ve had the pleasure of playing it twice now in a band setting, and in some ways it has made me a better player. Or at least a somewhat cleaner player. I think the evenness of the string height, and volume of each string has helped me maneuver the fretboard better, and produced a better sound.

Should’ve done this when I first got the guitar, but who knew. :confused: :)

An electric is more malleable than an acoustic. You can do a lot of things to it that can change it's properties. You don't realise how bad it was until you get it set up. That's pretty much the case with any guitar from MF.

Get yourself an EH organ pedal, that will make playing interesting again.

Brewers
They have a pattern of doing great in the first half of the season and then tanking after the all star break. Everyone is saying this year will be different.

Today
Food, alcohol, relaxation.

LATER!!!

Today
Food, alcohol, relaxation.

LATER!!!

I have a bbq planned. Of course it poured overnight, and it’s still raining this morning. We’ll probably end up staying inside, but I need a window to use the grill. Fingers crossed. Weather report says cloudy with a 15% chance of rain later this afternoon.

Happy Memorial Day all! Remember the fallen.

12 hour day yesterday, and in at 4 AM tomorrow for who knows??? Nice three day weekend...

Ah well, overtime pay, yes? :D

No alcohol today.:rolleyes:

Going to the Memorial ceremony at 10:30, then shopping. I am finally getting a smart phone. The flip still works, but both my wife and daughter are upgrading so rather than wait for the inevitable old cheapskate is going to dust off his wallet.

I am also going to be buying a new desktop some time in the future as mine is ten years old and getting flakey.

I had one for two months and I took my flip back!!!!! Just not worth it. $7.50 for a flip phone every year and a $100 card is all I need...Spent more than that for the two months, and got zero benefit.

Get off my lawn!

Ive had the touchscreen for years and still hold the Flip Phone as an equal, it has options and a ergo that the smart-touchscreen doesnt suffer.

A flip -smart phone hybrid might be nice. The touchscreen seems to be my issue, at least my phone seems to be the most problems. My GPS sent me in a 40 minute loop on I35 and 820 and 377 this weekend, pulled over reset the smart phone and the map-google and was 5 minutes away.
But thats still better than the days without GPS....that alone is cool and worth the smart phone.

add in the Guitar Tuner that works as good as my other 3 I tested against and the DB meter app...for free.
and weather app.

thats all I app on...tuner, db meter, gps map, weather

the calls and texting are fine on the flip phone.
i dont do much surfing on the small smart phone as Im always near a pc at work or home.

i dont do much surfing on the small smart phone as Im always near a pc at work or home.
I would've kept my flip phone, but there are times I could use internet access when I'm on the road. I'm not against smart phones, but I really hate the way people use them. I drive a truck for both work and personal use and looking down into vehicles it seems half the population has them surgically attached to their hands. I see a good amount of people "elbow driving" while to majority of their attention is on the phone. A lot of people give the phone the focus of their attention and treat the people around them rudely. We go out to clubs and I see people staring at their phones instead of talking to each other.

GPS is probably my most used app on smart phone. I had a standalone GPS system prior to that, but they wanted like $75 to update the maps. :eek: I think I only paid about $80 for the whole damn thing originally.

Texting is handy too. I could text on my old flip phone, but typing words on a numeric keypad is a bit of a chore.

It’s also great for settling arguments on the fly. :thumbs up:

And just think, all that for just $600 or $700. Lol.

You knows what’s funny. The one thing that I rarely do on my smart phone is make phone calls. :confused:

The thing I dislike about smartphones is that they're not really phones, they are computational devices than can work as a phone. My flip phone was a phone first and the extras were just add ons.

In a lot of ways I preferred my old flip phone. But I have to admit, texting was a pain. It took foooorever. Many times I was ultimately forced to abandon text and instead make a phone call :eek:.

On other fronts...

It's been either looking like it could rain or raining lately, sun shiny days are rare. So it is hard to schedule to mow the grass. To boot, when I do pull out the mower i've been spending nearly as much time working on it than pushing it around. I've been resisting mower shopping, and I kind of like working-on/"fixing" stuff. So I recently get home from work and pull the mower out of the garage to mow the grass before the sun fades. Oil, check. Gas, fill 'er up. Starts first pull. Awesome. About 2/3 done, clonk!...chich chich chich chich,.....died. Also notice something kind of flies off to the side, maybe I hit something. I go to try to restart, notice something odd. There's a hole in the block! Bwahahaha! I guess it threw a rod. The good, I don't have to work on the new mower. The bad, I don't get to fix stuff. Thus is life. I guess i'll just have to adapt.

Been working on exploring DADGAD tuning. Some Celtic stuff, some Appalachian stuff, some whatever that is stuff. It is kind of like sitting down with an instrument you're not necessarily familiar with, easier to come up with something original, outside typical patterns, the rut. In a clutch, you can probably just throw it down the stairs and it'd play itself. Take that, Guinevere. David Crosby eat yer heart out.

The problem with playing a lot of instruments is finding time for practice. Played piano at Church last week and realized how badly I could use some practice :eek:

I am having the same weather problems: it rains at least a little every single day. Complicated by schedules at work that are nonsensical, and often modified on the fly...Asked to stay for a 12 hour day Saturday, and then asked Monday why I was over on hours (had Sunday off)...Does management ever see the light of day? :spank:

Anyway, got 1/2 the lawn mowed this morning before work (in from 1PM to 10PM) and hopefully I can finish the other half tomorrow after work (scheduled 5AM to 2PM). Yes, you read that right Seven hours between shifts. Just glad it wasn't 4, like usual. You know, it's really difficult when you are scheduled 1-10 several shifts a week, and 4AM to 1PM several shifts a week to find a common sleep time...:yawn:

Furthest I ever got with alternate tunings was drop D. I have one electric and one acoustic, and retuning even one string afterwards was plenty for me. :)

I used to play Guinevere in standard tuning. Wasn’t half bad, but wasn’t quite on the money. Singing the harmony was where it got real tricky, though.

Back