DAW Users With ADD

Winter
It's still here, after Sunday's blizzard we're having another round of the heavy wet stuff right now. I'm wondering if there will be leaves on the trees come June.

Home projects
There's always a detour on the road to completion.

LATER!!!

I just need to keep posting stuff until I get allowed to post links...

---------- Update ----------

I wonder how long this can take...

The Weather
A mild warm up, well over due.

Going backwards
The monitor on the family desktop finally gave in, it was older than the computer it was from the previous one. Luckily I kept my very first LCD monitor, a Benq that I paid $400 for fifteen years ago, it's small but it still works well. I'll buy a whole new set up when the next thing dies, I like a full size keyboard and a large monitor as opposed to a laptop or a tablet.

Music
I played around with my looper this weekend. I've been tapping beats on my guitar and playing along with them. My standard for looping is that it must be done live. If you use prerecorded loops it's just Karaoke.

Work
If I didn't have to eat or keep the lights turned on I would've quit a long time ago.

LATER!!!

Today is the day
The grill will make it's first appearance of the year.

It's still cool, but there's a warm up starting tomorrow.

The job that never ends
Cleaning my garage.

Music
I've been hitting open jams lately and there was one going on Fridays in South Milwaukee. This weekend the guy announced he was having a Saturday afternoon jam so I decided to go. When I get there the place is closed and there's another guy waiting too. We gave it about ten minutes and left. About two hours later the guy posts on Facebook that he was "under the weather" and didn't make it. Thanks buddy, I don't think I'll be going to any more of your "jams".

LATER!!!

I had my Epiphone LP professionally setup last week. Probably something I should have done long ago. $65, including cleaning and polishing.

My impression is it’s better intonated. The string heights feel more even. It seems to have less output, though. I’m guessing he might have lowered the pickups? Not a deal breaker, as it has a volume knob. :D

Unfortunately, in the end, it didn’t make me a better player. :o

I had my Epiphone LP professionally setup last week. Probably something I should have done long ago. $65, including cleaning and polishing.

My impression is it’s better intonated. The string heights feel more even. It seems to have less output, though. I’m guessing he might have lowered the pickups? Not a deal breaker, as it has a volume knob. :D

Unfortunately, in the end, it didn’t make me a better player. :o

I've got two guitars I bought online based strictly on looks and price. Neither one of them was a player, but I took then in, had the pickups changed along with proper setup done and they both are nice guitars. Electrics are more open ended than acoustics, plus half the tone comes from your amp.

I won't touch my neck, but I wouldn't hesitate messing with the pickup height.

I wont touch frets but all the rest is a steel ruler and a turn or two. Pickup height is 2 screws and a steel ruler (and reading glasses...)

get a cheap squier and go to town...replace the nut, jack it up, tweak it back, crank the truss rod,..oh yeah

Happy Friday everyone! :)

Contemplating having my kitchen remodeled. :eek: Not looking forward to this - neither writing the checks nor being without a kitchen for 2-3 weeks. The house is over 30 years old, with original cabinets and countertops, so I guess it’s due. But this stuff is expensive. Maybe I’ll open a gofundme page. You guys will all chip in... right? :thumbs up:

Happy Friday everyone! :)

Contemplating having my kitchen remodeled. :eek: Not looking forward to this - neither writing the checks nor being without a kitchen for 2-3 weeks. The house is over 30 years old, with original cabinets and countertops, so I guess it’s due. But this stuff is expensive. Maybe I’ll open a gofundme page. You guys will all chip in... right? :thumbs up:

Ugh, my kitchen is by far the worst room in the house. I'm waiting till the kids get settled down before I start it. It's actually embarrassing. I've got your thirty years old beat easily.

The most expensive room in the house to remodel if you're getting new cabinets, counters and sink.

Aside from money and time, one of the main reasons we haven't remodeled our kitchen is the horrible layout. We have five doorways on our kitchen, 1920's tract housing for workers.

Good luck.

Aside from money and time, one of the main reasons we haven't remodeled our kitchen is the horrible layout. We have five doorways on our kitchen, 1920's tract housing for workers.

Good luck.
I’m not thrilled with the layout of mine either. In newer houses these days the kitchen, dining room, and family room are all one big open area. Makes it nice if you’re entertaining, you can still be in contact with everyone even if you’re cooking. In my place they are all separate rooms. If I really wanted to go nuts, I would blow out the wall separating the kitchen and dining room. It’s load bearing, so I’d be looking at REALLY major expense. And besides, I don’t entertain anyone anyway except the band... and they stay in the basement. :)

Our kitchen is layed out kind of awkward, as well. There's a kitchen/dining area (fairly large (15x30)) and then a formal dining area off the other end of the kitchen in the living room (which is a vaulted ceiling cavernous area about 28 x 35)...in an L shape. Table for 10 that tucks into a nook between the front foyer and kitchen to seat 4, but you turn the table sideways out into living area and you can get all 10 chairs around it. The dining nook in the kitchen holds the little table that only seats 6. We can have 25 people over and seat them all at tables or on the couch and loveseat (where there are pop-up coffee tables (pop up to dining table height.)) Spent $7200 on all that furniture plus the china cabinet, two book shelves, two secretary desk/bookcases, and three end tables (which all match) when we moved here before Obama. My budget has drastically changed since then...

Back