DAW Users With ADD

I guess you guys probably just cut a hole in the ice.

That only works eight months a year.

Once again..

I have made it through the week.

Oddly enough I have no plans this weekend and no significant chores to be done. I'm going to focus on boning up to play maybe an hour set next week at the benefit. Of course by the time I'm done they might actually owe more money than when they started.

The weather
Very typical April weather, I may have to cut the grass by the end of the week.

I love my wife
This is the slow time of year for me but my wife is working overtime and taking paid training also, she's my sugar mama.

LATER!!!

Meeting the infamous Chuck U for lunch today. He is driving down to Maryland and stopping for a quick bite in NJ. Not sure if he knows he's buying. I would have told him in advance, but I didn't want to scare him off. :)

You should just assume he is buying. That's what I do. :D

So what's the Chuckster up to these days? I'm still wondering why he couldn't stop in for a post during the great cave crash, banning episode.

Yet again....
I made it through another week.

The weather was crappy, but next week is looking up. I'm looking forward to working in the yard, but I'm no going to be doing anything major.

I'm thinking
About joining Facebook.

The reason I'm thinking about joining is that with my son's graduation party coming up I think it would be a more efficient way of drumming things up as opposed to sending out flyers. I think by keeping a conversation going I can generate more interest.

I don't do the whole social media thing, I don't even text on my phone. I know that makes me somewhat of a dinosaur, but I look at all the phone zombies out there and I'm unimpressed.

I'm also worried that putting my name out there might bring up some ghosts from the past, but I'm not really sure how the whole thing works.

Today

It's the benefit, and for the first time in a l o n g time I'm going to play on a stage through a PA. As I was practicing I realized that my choice of music these days isn't so much about crowd pleasing as it is about keeping myself interested. So I guess I'll be playing a lot of songs I used to play 20+ years ago with a few newer selections sprinkled in.

LATER!!!

Yet again....
I made it through another week.

The weather was crappy, but next week is looking up. I'm looking forward to working in the yard, but I'm no going to be doing anything major.
Just keep on keeping on till there's nothing left to keep.....you can quote me on that. :thumbs up:

I'm thinking
About joining Facebook.

The reason I'm thinking about joining is that with my son's graduation party coming up I think it would be a more efficient way of drumming things up as opposed to sending out flyers. I think by keeping a conversation going I can generate more interest.

I don't do the whole social media thing, I don't even text on my phone. I know that makes me somewhat of a dinosaur, but I look at all the phone zombies out there and I'm unimpressed.

I'm also worried that putting my name out there might bring up some ghosts from the past, but I'm not really sure how the whole thing works.

Don't do it! Just kidding....For OCD'rs like myself it can be a time sponge so I have to limit my time... I have a huge extended family and a shit load of peeps that play or have played a part in some part of my ancient life so it's cool being able to see what they're up to. Celebrations and the Sad news of friends expiring gets passed around quick on FB.

The ghost from the past can get a bit dicey cause they're out there...:eek:

Today

It's the benefit, and for the first time in a l o n g time I'm going to play on a stage through a PA. As I was practicing I realized that my choice of music these days isn't so much about crowd pleasing as it is about keeping myself interested. So I guess I'll be playing a lot of songs I used to play 20+ years ago with a few newer selections sprinkled in.

LATER!!!

Awesome! Play from the heart and all will be good...Have a blast!
I'm actually heading out with the classic rock band I joined a few years back BACK IN THE DAZE for an hour set at a local Church Fiesta tonight... First time we've played out in about 8 months... Second time out with the new most excellent drummer...hopefully all of us old farts ( especially me ) remember all our parts and don't have too many train wrecks. Should be a hoot!

So what's the Chuckster up to these days? I'm still wondering why he couldn't stop in for a post during the great cave crash, banning episode.
He's doing ok. Started a new job a few months ago. Was working with a band until recently. Apparently they had a fairly steady gig at one place, but ASCAP wanted royalties from the owner for the cover songs the band was playing. The owner felt having a band didn't make economic sense after the royalties, so he stopped having live music. Once they lost that steady gig, the band broke up.

He's also still doing some recording, but I think he is using Logic now, rather than Sonar. Didn't get into the why with him.

Awesome! Play from the heart and all will be good...Have a blast!
I'm actually heading out with the classic rock band I joined a few years back BACK IN THE DAZE for an hour set at a local Church Fiesta tonight... First time we've played out in about 8 months... Second time out with the new most excellent drummer...hopefully all of us old farts ( especially me ) remember all our parts and don't have too many train wrecks. Should be a hoot!

Luckily I didn't play too much and everybody was wearing their forgiving alcohol ears.

I play these days just for my own interests, no actual benefit, just a mini challenge, much like doing a crossword puzzle.

He's doing ok. Started a new job a few months ago. Was working with a band until recently. Apparently they had a fairly steady gig at one place, but ASCAP wanted royalties from the owner for the cover songs the band was playing. The owner felt having a band didn't make economic sense after the royalties, so he stopped having live music. Once they lost that steady gig, the band broke up.

That ASCAP thing is weird, another nail in the coffin of live music. It's hard to compete with a juke box.

That ASCAP thing is weird, another nail in the coffin of live music. It's hard to compete with a juke box.
I think the main problem was the place was both a bar and restaurant. ASCAP wanted royalties based on the combined capacity - even though they were separate rooms with little crossover traffic, and you couldn't hear the band from the restaurant. He would have paid for the bar, but refused to pay royalties for the restaurant. Ergo, no more work for CU.

Is that the guy you used to work with back in the day?

We worked together, then lived together for a bit. He moved up north, came back two years later and around then we started a duet. I could barely play guitar and he pretty much showed me how to do enough to get through a gig.

I have a video of us playing Comes a Time, but it's horrible. We haven't played together in over ten years and he had a buzz going when I got there. I played a few solo songs, but I haven't played anywhere but my basement in years, so it was a bit of a wake up call.

It's the weekend!
Busy day today, but tomorrow is wide open, whoo hoo!

The weather
Things are looking up, the last two weeks have been cool, mild, sleepy kind of weather.

I cut the grass for the first time yesterday, but it's going to be every five days once things pick up.

I really pissed off a co-worker...

when I told him Facebook likes were worthless. I guess I'm just a cave man in this digital world.

LATER!!!

I really pissed off a co-worker...

when I told him Facebook likes were worthless. I guess I'm just a cave man in this digital world.

LATER!!!

There's a comedian who says the number of friends you have on Facebook is directly inverse to the number of friends you have in real life. :D

We had a bass player join us last night. The guy hasn't played in a few years, and mostly didn't know the songs, but it didn't sound half bad nonetheless. I can imagine once he gets his chops back and gets familiar with the material, it could sound pretty good. However, he's not ready to commit. He wants to check with "the wife" before he can manage coming over every Friday night.

You guys and your wives. :rolleyes: Exactly who is the captain of this ship? (Like I need to ask.)

We had a bass player join us last night. The guy hasn't played in a few years, and mostly didn't know the songs, but it didn't sound half bad nonetheless. I can imagine once he gets his chops back and gets familiar with the material, it could sound pretty good. However, he's not ready to commit. He wants to check with "the wife" before he can manage coming over every Friday night.

You guys and your wives. :rolleyes: Exactly who is the captain of this ship? (Like I need to ask.)

At very least he can play the root, even that can help when you have no bottom.

On the subject of wives, some of them would love to get their husband out of the house one night a week.

Bass player showed again tonight. I guess things are looking up. Pretty good practice all in all. The keyboard guy is starting to get pretty comfortable, and the bass player was a tad better second time out of the box.

Back