DAW Users With ADD

Paul881 said:
Gorty, I have to say you were a very pretty 12 year old and posting a picture here as evidence is an act of bravery that deserves a medal ;)

Was there a reason for the dressing up or were your sisters bored one school vacation? :)

I just wanted to,.............ermmmmm,...........I mean yeah my sisters were bored, yeah that's it! :eek: :rolleyes: :D

Paul881 said:
Done....I have emailed you the midi and raw vocal files ;)
Send them to me too. Not sure I will do anything with them, but you never know.

Was the piano captured as midi or audio?

dachay2tnr said:

You'll have to do some lining up.
I was going to ask Paul,but I got the piano in sync with the voice by using 85 bpm project tempo and starting the piano/midi file one and a half measures in.

I can send you the files if I have your current address.

I used my GPO Steinway sample and I must say,it sounds pretty good. :cool:

This is what I was doing on my "vacation"

Ceilingwall.jpg

dachay2tnr said:
Send them to me too. Not sure I will do anything with them, but you never know.

Mike, the piano and strings were both captured as midi but I will only send the midi pattern. I will send you the tracks and would be interested in what you might do with them - but no pressure, if you do, you do and if you don't...thats okay with me too.

I can confirm that it was recorded at 85 BPM and Becki starts singing at 14.14 secs or 6:01:476 measures and beats. But that is from the start of my recording, including the "silent" intro.

Guy, I look forward to receiving the files - just use the email address I sent you the files from. ;)

Another beautiful day here - unfortunately, I have been studying indoors all the time - questions on organisational Culture" anyone? :(

Paul881 said:
I will only send the midi pattern. I will send you the tracks and would be interested in what you might do with them - (
Guy sent them to me already, Paul. He obviously wants to kick my ass on this. :(

Little does he know I've already the scheduled the NY Philharmonic to lay down a bed for this, and CSN for backing vocals. :D

dachay2tnr said:
Guy sent them to me already, Paul. He obviously wants to kick my ass on this. :(

Little does he know I've already the scheduled the NY Philharmonic to lay down a bed for this, and CSN for backing vocals. :D

Mike, I'll look forward to hearing the recordings and you can tell the Orchestra that they better play on the beat and in tune this time...or else :mad:

:D

I had a good friend over today who's son wanted some advice on doing computer recording,we played around all day in the toybox. :D

My friend says the Telecaster is the best of my guitars and he was also impresssed with my SuperChamp.He's a really good guitar player so I value his opinion.

We monkeyed around for a short while on the "My friend" track replacing the piano with other instruments,sounds pretty cool.

This is what I was doing on my "vacation"
Quit screwing around and get back on those drums!

LATER!!!

acidrock said:
I had a good friend over today who's son wanted some advice on doing computer recording,we played around all day in the toybox. :D

My friend says the Telecaster is the best of my guitars and he was also impresssed with my SuperChamp.He's a really good guitar player so I value his opinion.

We monkeyed around for a short while on the "My friend" track replacing the piano with other instruments,sounds pretty cool.

LATER!!!

If I came over to your house, those are the toys I would head for too :)

I have just ordered a new 500 Gig internal HD for my puter. So I will have an internal 200+500 capacity and an external 300 +200Gig resource :eek: Its the size of the libraries that take up the space. That and my music video and home photograph collection :( And my sample collection :(

HAPPY EASTER BOYS AND GIRLS!
Don't eat too much candy and get sick.
We're having prime rib for dinner and keilbasa for lunch. :cool:

Paul881 said:
I have just ordered a new 500 Gig internal HD for my puter. So I will have an internal 200+500 capacity and an external 300 +200Gig resource :eek: Its the size of the libraries that take up the space. That and my music video and home photograph collection :( And my sample collection :(

I'm half ass tempted to do some work on mt DAW.As it is I'm going to have to take it out of it's cabinet and run it with the case openbecause it's been making a moaning sound at startup,I really hope it's not a drive. :eek:

I would like a DVD burner and possibly a third drive,not to mention another gig of RAM.I'd take it in and have it done in a second if I had any confidence at all in the person doing it.

The other PIA is that my NI stuff needs to be reauhtorised with any hardware change.BTW,NI does not notify you of software updates,you have to log in and check for them. :mad:

LATER!!!

Happy Easter to all as well.

I would like a DVD burner and possibly a third drive,not to mention another gig of RAM.I'd take it in and have it done in a second if I had any confidence at all in the person doing it.
Drop it off here, I'll do it for you. :D :D

acidrock said:
HAPPY EASTER BOYS AND GIRLS!
Don't eat too much candy and get sick.
We're having prime rib for dinner and keilbasa for lunch. :cool:
Wifey and I had hot sausage and onion sandwiches sitting outside in the sunshine :)

acidrock said:
I'm half ass tempted to do some work on mt DAW.As it is I'm going to have to take it out of it's cabinet and run it with the case openbecause it's been making a moaning sound at startup,I really hope it's not a drive. :eek:

The other PIA is that my NI stuff needs to be reauhtorised with any hardware change.BTW,NI does not notify you of software updates,you have to log in and check for them. :mad:

LATER!!!

This is all very easy for a man like you ;) Sliding RAM in to its slot is dead easy. And if you check out the Crucial site, they will scan your puter and tell you exactly what your options are :)

Fitting a DVD is marginally harder but all you hva eto remember to do is set the jumper for slave and you have cracked it ;)

Have you downloaded the NI media manager to manage your NI stuff?

Careful of the moaning at start up - it could be a CPU fan; PSU fan or your HD. Either way, you need to get it looked at.

Drool
It may as well be a supermodel,cause I aint gettin' my hands on it. :( But a boy can dream.can't he?

My friend
Is kicking my ass.I've messed around with it,but still haven't come up with anything that would be consider an improvement or even interesting.
I Could just play Becki's voice solo and call that my version. :D
I'll take a stab at it again today.

Whoo hoo!
I'm going to the dump this morning and then I'm dumping the kids off so the wife and I can have lunch and go shopping.Exciting,I know.
Back to work tamale,it's been nice pretending to be one of you guys. :p

LATER!!!

acidrock said:
Drool
It may as well be a supermodel,cause I aint gettin' my hands on it. :( But a boy can dream.can't he?

My friend
Is kicking my ass.I've messed around with it,but still haven't come up with anything that would be consider an improvement or even interesting.
I Could just play Becki's voice solo and call that my version. :D
I'll take a stab at it again today.

Whoo hoo!
I'm going to the dump this morning and then I'm dumping the kids off so the wife and I can have lunch and go shopping.Exciting,I know.
Back to work tamale,it's been nice pretending to be one of you guys. :p

LATER!!!

I can concur with the no new toys feeling :o All my money is taken before its earned :( Bloody kids :eek:

:)

Toaday's cash item was $100 to clean Becki's carpet in her bedroom after having an "accident" with some bronzing balls (don't ask ;) )

My Friend - don't worry, no pressure, whenever. Am really looking forward to Mike's version with the NY Philly orchestra ;)

I went to the dump today too :rolleyes: Even "executives" have to dump rubbish you know :D It did make my arms ache though and so I am having to have a glass of wine to compensate :rolleyes: :cool:

:)

Work tomorrow :mad:

Back